Home Ready Room
Options

Which Engineer to Immortalize?

Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
The weakest area of my crew is engineering. Thanks to mega events, I now have (or will shortly have) one immortalized legend with a high stat for command (Borg Queen, Mirror Picard), security (Kortar, Mirror Picard), science (Assimilated Janeway, Surak), medical (Prisoner Cornwell), and diplomacy (Prisoner Cornwell). What I lack is a truly top-notch engineer. I doubt I'm the only one in this boat.

I've done well enough in some events to get a first copy of a bunch of legendary engineers, but so far haven't gotten a second copy to drop anywhere.

I've finally got enough dilithium, I could spend 200k to immortalize one. Is that a good use of dilithium? If so, which one should I do:
  • Assimilated La Forge
  • Dress Uniform Scotty
  • Cadet Tilly
  • Romulan Data
  • Mirror Data
  • Tempted Data
Fleet: Starship Trista
Captain Level: 95
VIP Level: 12
Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Assimilated La Forge is one of the best all-around characters in the game.

Great base scores
    Great voyage scores
    Great in gauntlet (at least until you get Caretaker)
    Great evasion for arena battles

Edit:
    Looked at the others and I don't think it's even close. If all you are considering is stats, La Forge is the best one. If you want a Data because he comes up in events a bit more often, I'd go with Mirror since he has the best voyage stats by far.

I wouldn't even consider Scotty or Tilly as they are two-stat.

Edit 2:
    These posts (questions related to building your crew) belong in the Ready Room forum.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in sort of in a similar boat, or I'm going to be in a month or two. I've got Captain Sisko immortalized as my top Command Crew, Admiral Kirk immortalized as my top Diplo crew, and Mirror Picard as my top Security, and I'm pretty close to putting a final star on Mirror Spock to be my top Science crew. After that, I plan on working on Bashir, Julian Bashir for Medical. For Engineering, I'd like to get Tempted Data or Dress Uniform Scotty, but if I don't get either of them by the time I'm finished with Bashir, I'm going to work on RAF O'Brien. He's currently my top Gold Engineer at the moment, though he only has one star.
  • Options
    Edit 2:
    These posts (questions related to building your crew) belong in the Ready Room forum.

Thanks for putting this in the right place.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    RaphillonRaphillon ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Assimilated La Forge is one of the best all-around characters in the game.

Great base scores
    Great voyage scores
    Great in gauntlet (at least until you get Caretaker)
    Great evasion for arena battles

Edit:
    Looked at the others and I don't think it's even close. If all you are considering is stats, La Forge is the best one. If you want a Data because he comes up in events a bit more often, I'd go with Mirror since he has the best voyage stats by far.

I wouldn't even consider Scotty or Tilly as they are two-stat.

Edit 2:

I would consider Romulan Data. He may not be so good in the gauntlet, but is great in shuttle voyages and arena. I would not assign citation to gauntlet people, because all you need is just to FE them :)
  • Options
    Thanks all for the input. I went with Assimilated La Forge, and while I almost regretted it during the Romulan event, it looks like it will pay off next week with the musical event (which includes a new Geordie).
  • Options
    Thanks all for the input. I went with Assimilated La Forge, and while I almost regretted it during the Romulan event, it looks like it will pay off next week with the musical event (which includes a new Geordie).

Engineering is everyone's weakest skill due to several factors (lack of available ENG crew, lack of high skill numbers for said ENG crew, lack of interest in ENG crew by players, etc), so really, any choice you make to immortalize a 5* ENG character is a good one that will benefit you in the future. Having said that, I think Assimilated LaForge was an excellent choice out of the 5.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!