Home The Bridge
Options

Main Crew & Skill Sets: A Tabulation

Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
I was recently discussing in another thread about how Bashir is one of the only characters to have all 6 skills across his variants. Come to find out, he's the only crew member who has all 6. So I decided to tabulate the skills across the board for all the main crew/cast and their variants.

Gold - which is only on Bashir, means he has all 6 skills.
Purple - means a crew/cast member could be able to have all 6 skills but currently do not.
Red - means the crew/cast member doesn't have the skill among any of their variants, but a future variant could.

So here's the breakdown:
3d5hgegh92pq.png
r148lfe0igu7.png
uby4h6leopsc.png

So as you can see, there are quite a few main crew/cast who can possess all 6 skills across their variants.
Some detail about the not-yet-possessed skills:

Kirk - ENG can come in a variant such as when he fought the Gorn Captain and constructed his make-shift cannon, MED can come if we get Kirok from The Paradise Syndrome as a variant.
Spock - MED can come from many instances when he's used mind-melds to calm individuals. MED will complete all 6 skills for him.
Scotty - SEC is an easy enough skill for Scotty to have among many of his possible variants.
McCoy - CMD can come in his Admiral McCoy variant, ENG can come in his variant which helped Spock engineer a torpedo in The Undiscovered Country. CMD and ENG would complete all 6 skills for him.
Uhura - ENG would come in a few variants, Uhura has been shown to repair her communications panel on the show.
Rand - SEC would be available in her variant from the Voyager episode Flashback where she's the Chief Communications Officer on the USS Excelsior.

Data - MED would come in his Jayden variant from the episode Thine Own Self where he developed a cure for the radiation poisoning of the townspeople. MED would give him all 6 skills across his variants.
Crusher - ENG is something she would have in a few versions as she had worked on repairing Data before. ENG is the only skill she does not have, but is viable to have.
La Forge - DIP is not a hard skill to imagine Geordi to have for many of his variants.

Sisko - ENG is an understandable skill for his Solar Ship building variant from the episode Explorers. ENG would complete all 6 skills for Sisko.
Jadzia - CMD is not a difficult skill for Jadzia to have in many of her possible variants.
Quark - ENG while minor, is a skill Quark would have in a few variants such as when he alters data rods as he did a couple of times on the show.

Chakotay - While it is unsuspected, Chakotay is able to have the SCI skill in a few of his variants. SCI would give him all 6 skills across his variants.
Torres - ENG and SCI often go hand-in-hand, but not always, Torres however is someone who has shown to be rather scientifically knowledgeable on several occasions such as in the episode Parallax or Muse.
EMH - ENG is a skill the doctor has shown himself to have on occasions such as when he's opted to alter his program, for example in the episode Darkling. ENG is the only skill needed that would give the doctor all 6 skills across his variants.
Kim - DIP is a skill Kim has shown to have on a few occurrences such as in the episode Favorite Son when he was thought to be a Taresian and acted as a liaison for them in some ways.
Seven - MED is viable for Seven of Nine in instances such as when she has altered her Borg nanoprobes for medical purposes like in the episode Mortal Coil, this is something she has done on a few occasions. MED would complete her 6 skills.
Kes - SEC is a skill Kes is known to have in a few possible variants such as in the episodes Warlord when she was possessed by the tyrant Tieran, and Fury when she returned to Voyager wreaking havoc and destruction.

T'Pol - ENG is a skill T'Pol has from the few times she has aided Trip in doing engineering tasks aboard the Enterprise, MED is a skill T'Pol shows in her Vulcan neuropressure sessions with Trip. Both of these skills which are viable for T'Pol to have would give her all 6 skills.
Phlox - ENG is a skill Dr. Phlox shows in the episode Regeneration when he was infected with Borg nanoprobes and attempting to develop a way to render them inactive/non-functional, DIP is a skill Dr. Phlox has on many occasions as being the ship's Denobulan delegate. Both of these skills would comprise a 6 skill set across all variants.

Lorca - He has shown many instances where SEC would be a skill he has, such as when he was a Klingon prisoner or a Mirror Universe prisoner in Choose Your Pain and The Wolf Inside
Stamets - Crafting the Spore Drive shows a great feat on ENG on Stamets's part.
Tilly - As impersonating Captain Killy, Tilly has conceivable CMD and SEC skill, her friendly nature also often portrays a good DIP skill.

So that's all - while Bashir has all 6 skills, crew/cast such as Spock, McCoy, Crusher, Data, La Forge, Sisko, Chakotay, the Doctor, Seven, T'Pol, and Phlox show that they too can possess all 6 skills if certain variants are made. This list is not exhaustive of course as Discovery continues to air and some arguments can probably be made for other crew/cast in a few of the older series.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    T'Pol - ENG is a skill T'Pol has from the few times she has aided Trip in doing engineering tasks aboard the Enterprise, MED is a skill T'Pol shows in her Vulcan neuropressure sessions with Trip. Both of these skills which are viable for T'Pol to have would give her all 6 skills.

So I can have a reason to ask for Neuropressure T'Pol without seeming juvenile?
  • Options

So I can have a reason to ask for Neuropressure T'Pol without seeming juvenile?

If you wish :p
    I want a session too, maybe with the both of them. But that's for a different forum perhaps.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great summery. I would just like to add:

Sisko - ENG: A Sailship Sisko would be most appropriate, but if they ever do a 1* Saratoga Sisko (to match with Stargazer Picard as a "background" character) ENG could fit there as well, as he studied engineering at the academy IIRC.

Chakotay - SCI: Chakotay is an anthropologist, a scientific field. He also describes himself as a scientist in the episode with the Voth, and mans Voyager's science station a few times.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashir has ENG twice. Yes, I'm counting the Changeling but he's one of the few crew to have had an imposter. Imposters are one way to add some variety to crew skill sets.

For example, Duchamps, Noah, Anastasia and Honey Bare are not Worf, Sisko, Kira and Jadzia. They're holograms who are just borrowing their appearance.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably plunk down some cash for the following:

Arena Kirk - 5*
    paje3mcuboj6.png
    SEC/ENG/COM
    Human, Starfleet, Federation, Inspiring, Jury Rigger, Crafty, Desperate, Duelist

Lightship Benjamin Sisko - 5*
    kau3sqixakro.jpeg
    ENG/COM/SCI
    Human, Bajoran, Starfleet, Federation, Resourceful, Pilot, Historian

Utopia Planitia Sisko - 4*
    4l7rfivnjjdj.jpeg
    ENG/COM/SCI
    Human, Starfleet, Federation, Veteran, Theoretical Engineer, Innovator

Nanoprobe-Infested Phlox - 5*
    bla5i8sl8l9e.jpeg
    MED/ENG/SEC
    Denobulan, Borg, Civilian, Physician, Exobiology, Desperate, Resourceful
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Bashir has ENG twice. Yes, I'm counting the Changeling but he's one of the few crew to have had an imposter. Imposters are one way to add some variety to crew skill sets.

For example, Duchamps, Noah, Anastasia and Honey Bare are not Worf, Sisko, Kira and Jadzia. They're holograms who are just borrowing their appearance.

I forgot about Changeling Bashir, but you're right. I agree Noah, Anastasia, Duchamps, Honey Bare, and even Benny Russell are not actually Sisko, Kira, Worf, or Jadzia. But, they do count in events as variants of them and that's where I went with it.

I also counted Tuvix for both Neelix and Tuvok.