Home Engineering Room

[RESOLVED] Steam Update Reset Steam Data to Several Updates Ago

edited April 2018 in Engineering Room
After opening up several Standard Premium pulls through the game on the Steam platform post-Friday update, I have noticed something that is highly disturbing. Aside from the fact that through Steam and only Steam did the Honor Hall completely reset to include all of the exclusive crew I have already purchased and the same event pack I had purchased earlier on in the day on Friday via the app on my phone reappearing as though it was never bought, all of the pulls I have done within those premium packs have included super old 4* and 5* crew that have appeared numerous times, sometimes multiple times in a row either via the instant grants or via Beholds. It is so bad that three Beholds had duplicate crew; one 5* Behold had two Seven of Nines, one 4* Behold had two Captain Janeways, and one 4* Behold I received a bit ago had duplicate Warship Yars.

I am not seeing any crew added in within the past year or more. Every 4* or 5* I am getting or seeing was at or before the time 5* Commander Troi was added in game as she is the "newest" crew amongst the 4* and 5* crew that I can tell that I am seeing, and even then I do believe a lot more are missing from the data banks. Rakal Troi, Undercover O'Brien, Warship Yar, Ambassador Spock, Chief O'Brien, Resitance Shakaar, Defiant Commander Worf, Captain Janeway, Dr. Crusher, and Maquis Eddington are the only 4*s I have seen out of forty or fifty packs (might have had one or two others appear only once, but they would have been "old" too). Seven of Nine, Arachnia Janeway, Commander Troi, Mirror Regent Worf, Scotty, Shinzon, Captain LaForge, Tempted Data, Changeling Founder, Alternate Future Bashir, and Wrathful Khan are the only 5*s have seen thus far, and remember, one had TWO Seven of Nines.

This is NOT normal RNG! Anyone who says differently has not experienced what I did, and it is highly frustrating that I had next to no variety with the 4*s and 5*s. I spent my money to get these packs, and I honestly feel gypped that the variety that should have been there was far from even remotely being present.

Anyone who felt like their "luck" while pulling packs on Steam was bad, it was not your luck that was bad; it is the fact that what is within the database is obviously missing the majority of 4* and 5* crew. 3* crew and ships schematics are not affected by this, for whatever reason.

@Shan This needs to be addressed ASAP because this is horrendous for those who purchased packs since the Steam update went live!
There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista

Comments

• I agree Captain. I bought a 30 pack from an offer and there were multiple examples of the same character being offered in the same behold (I have pics, so it did happen 😃) and oh the ambassador Spocks I got. I got 3 Wrarthful Khans as well, but the 5*s offered were limited. I'm playing on Android though.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you can buy the same "only one-time" offers twice, once with Android/OS and once with Steam.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I agree Captain. I bought a 30 pack from an offer and there were multiple examples of the same character being offered in the same behold (I have pics, so it did happen 😃) and oh the ambassador Spocks I got. I got 3 Wrarthful Khans as well, but the 5*s offered were limited. I'm playing on Android though.

Did the update hit for Android yet? It might be the update in general is negatively affecting the pool of crew, and since Steam was the first to get it, it was the first one showing massive problems.
    Also, you can buy the same "only one-time" offers twice, once with Android/OS and once with Steam.

My offer should still be active through Steam as it said it was for twenty-four hours and not the twelve that the one via the app on my iPhone showed as it normally does.

This update broke the game worse than anything else that came before.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The update did not break the game at all.
    There are a few issues, yes, 2 of them have been fixed and the 24 hours timer on offer will no longer be an issue some time next week.

As for seeing duplicates in beholds, nothing in the updates should have had any impact but we will look into it.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    „SHOULD“ ....is exactly the right term. Thx for the update and i really hope you ll find something. Otherwise there will be a mess once the update hits all platforms.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understand it, Magenta has done numerous pulls and not gotten crew that were recently added to the portal. I also did 10 10 packs and do not recall getting any newer crew from them. This strikes us all as concerning.
  • Shan wrote: »
    The update did not break the game at all.
    There are a few issues, yes, 2 of them have been fixed and the 24 hours timer on offer will no longer be an issue some time next week.

As for seeing duplicates in beholds, nothing in the updates should have had any impact but we will look into it.

Shan, I am not one to complain about getting crew I already have, but when out of fifty 10x premium packs only ten super old 4*s and a teeny pool of old 5*s are granted by the RNG, and others with the update installed are getting the same results, then the update broke a major aspect of the game. My fleet mates and I are holding off any spending until this problem is properly addressed and rectified. It literally reset the 4* and 5* pool back over a year or so ago.

• enqvpife9vl6.jpg
    9sfls0jfjh7y.jpg
    s8usrdc7k8bh.jpg
    from 2 packs (2 in the same pack)

pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • and more:
    lbnl5s3kd4j2.jpg
    234lryzcbzk7.jpg

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said in the other thread, we are looking into it.
  • yep, all the single 4*'s I got were from old crew too

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
    edited April 2018
    yep, all the single 4*'s I got were from old crew too

At least for double behold offers, supports grants u a free SR of ur choice in exchange for the double offered crew andd after 2 weeks of forth and back email convo...sorry, if ur lucky, its works right away.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • I purchased an offer yesterday, and opened 5 of the packs yesterday. Today I went to pull two more, and the beholds I received are: Rakal Troi, Rakal Troi, and Mirror Ezri. Then in the second pack: Rakal Troi, Agent Seven and Baku Worf. 3 of the same crew in 2 beholds. I've also noticed that I'm receiving the same ~15 or so 3* crew in each pack, often 3 or more of a crew in a pack. This seems off to me.
    "Ma'am is acceptable in a crunch, but I prefer Captain." - Janeway to Kim, "Caretaker"

"The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think." - Picard to Worf, "Drumhead"
  • edited April 2018
    I purchased an offer yesterday, and opened 5 of the packs yesterday. Today I went to pull two more, and the beholds I received are: Rakal Troi, Rakal Troi, and Mirror Ezri. Then in the second pack: Rakal Troi, Agent Seven and Baku Worf. 3 of the same crew in 2 beholds. I've also noticed that I'm receiving the same ~15 or so 3* crew in each pack, often 3 or more of a crew in a pack. This seems off to me.

Those were the other two crew I received, Mirror Ezri and Temporal Agent Seven. No Ba’ku Worf though as the pool is just spitting out super old crew. I knew there were two more, but they were not being spit out as much as the others. That is still a pitiful pool.

• SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone who pulls from a 4.0.2 client are not getting any of the new premium characters listed in this post:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4421/server-release-notes-03-20-edited-11-40-am-et
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    Ok, so here's a weird one. A fleetmate and I were making some pulls at the same time, and both got:

A Behold for: 5* Lt Cmdr Dax, 5* Captain Scott, 5* Alt Future Bashir
    Another Behold for: 5* Lt Cmdr Dax, 5* Captain Scott, 5* Alt Future Bashir

Mine were in different 10x Pulls, his was in the SAME PULL.

I would think the odds of this happening to one person are near zero, let alone to 2 different users at the same time!

Tell me there isn't a problem with the portals, I dare you.
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    I sent in a ticket for my pulls, didn't think to screenshot the first one, was surprised when I got the exact same behold on a 2nd pull.
  • anyone who pulls from a 4.0.2 client are not getting any of the new premium characters listed in this post:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4421/server-release-notes-03-20-edited-11-40-am-et

My pool is about a year and a half old. I wish it was just not the latest update.

• Ok, so here's a weird one. A fleetmate and I were making some pulls at the same time, and both got:

A Behold for: 5* Lt Cmdr Dax, 5* Captain Scott, 5* Alt Future Bashir
    Another Behold for: 5* Lt Cmdr Dax, 5* Captain Scott, 5* Alt Future Bashir

Mine were in different 10x Pulls, his was in the SAME PULL.

I would think the odds of this happening to one person are near zero, let alone to 2 different users at the same time!

Tell me there isn't a problem with the portals, I dare you.

Thank you for adding to my report that the pool has been badly affected. More reports add validity to it. :)

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    xvphrjj3iv6q.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    I was having the same thing. I sent in a ticket. I think I saw about 10 dr. crushers and 10 fencing sulu's plus a bunch of temporal agent seven's plus obriens and tpols and a few others in a bunch.
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    @Shan Interesting to see what compensation will be for all those who pulled on the bad Steam portals. X# of 5*s of your choice for # of Pulls? X# of free Citations?
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    the limited pool of characters resulted in my very first fully FF behold. Could have likely been avoided if we were getting the full list of characters from the March 20th portal update

9jpqrxg905ak.png
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue has been fixed, and affected players (those who redeemed premium portals) should now see those pull added back to their accounts. This was granted via a script, and there would be no attachment or item for you to redeem to see these pulls.

If you were affected, you would have received an in-game mail with this information.

If for some reason, you did not receive compensation, please contact Player Support.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
    Thank you for ur sincere apology(if mistakes happen you apologize, right?)....oh wait. Well at least you got it fixed. Thank you for that.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • This issue has been fixed, and affected players (those who redeemed premium portals) should now see those pull added back to their accounts. This was granted via a script, and there would be no attachment or item for you to redeem to see these pulls.

If you were affected, you would have received an in-game mail with this information.

If for some reason, you did not receive compensation, please contact Player Support.

Just to clarify, are we to have received the same number of portals we redeemed? Was there a specific time frame that they were looking at? I redeemed 12 total portals today before 12 pm PST, and only received 5 in compensation.
    "Ma'am is acceptable in a crunch, but I prefer Captain." - Janeway to Kim, "Caretaker"

"The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think." - Picard to Worf, "Drumhead"
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Re-posting from: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/73436/#Comment_73436

Problem:
    • 10-pack pulls on 4.0.2 were pulling from the wrong loot table.
    • Single pulls on 4.0.2, as well as 10-pack and single pulls on 4.0, were working properly.

Solution
    • If you redeemed a 10-pack premium portal pull on a 4.0.2 client (Facebook/Steam since 4/19, Android if you upgraded since 4/23), you would have been refunded the exact number of 10-packs you redeemed.
    • If you redeemed a single premium portal pull on any platform, there would be no compensation, as this was working properly.
    • If you redeemed a 10-pack premium portal pull on 4.0 (iOS, or non-upgraded Android clients), there would be no compensation, as this was working properly.

If this does not match your reality, please contact Player Support.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam