Home The Bridge
Options

Legendary Reinforcements

c1ZXzNl.png

So one Legendary is worth... lets see... around $80?? I want Laborer Spock, but this is really ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a lot of dil, but it is 2k dil cheaper than the average cost of getting one if they were all in a 650 dil pack.
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Maybe If surak wasn't in there
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emmett K wrote: »
    Maybe If surak wasn't in there

That isn't Surak, it's Soval
  • Options
    Wowwwww.... Who will buy this pack?

And wait until the behold gives you duplicate *Sucker punch in you know what*
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Looks like maybe there was problem. The pack isn't up any longer

And I wouldn't spend 11,000 dilithium on a single pack unless all 10 slots were Legendary LOL
  • Options
    There was a time when you could purchase an entire game for $49...

Some are still there... look at console game or pc games :)
  • Options
    No worries now since all offers have been removed from the Time Portal. I only saw this offer show up in Facebook as it never showed up on my iphone.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Just last week, I got Assassin’s Creed Syndicate for free via Games With Gold on my Xbox. Depending on how you look at it, I either paid for my XBL Gold subscription this year or covered the last month or two of spending here with that freebie.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I still play WoW. Its like I had to pay for the game, the xpacs and pets as a christmas present to myself on top of a monthly subscription fee. This might've mentally prepared me for being a monthly card STT player.

Of course WoW provides a little more for your money than STT does.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I still play WoW. Its like I had to pay for the game, the xpacs and pets as a christmas present to myself on top of a monthly subscription fee. This might've mentally prepared me for being a monthly card STT player.

Of course WoW provides a little more for your money than STT does.

The mobile game def has some addictive feature built in. I prob have spent a lot more money on mobile games in the past 4-5yr than my 20+ years on console/pc games.

It is funny to think about it. I will wai for games on steam/store to be on sale, but I spent 50/100 on a event packs
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

Just last week, I got Assassin’s Creed Syndicate for free via Games With Gold on my Xbox. Depending on how you look at it, I either paid for my XBL Gold subscription this year or covered the last month or two of spending here with that freebie.

It's not yours to keep. When your subscription lapses, you lose access to Games With Gold for Xbox One.

So you can look at it as an expensive rental ($60 to borrow it for a year) or in order to keep it, you'd need to pay for Xbox Live Gold every year for the rest of your life. Which, if we get our brains put into robot bodies within our lifetimes, could be $∞!

Either way, Games With Gold are only "free" if you work for Microsoft's marketing team. ;)
  • Options
    MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    Is this the first time they've ever done a pack at this price?

I've never even managed to save up enough for a 6500 pack, so I doubt I'll be in a position to purchase many should they become a regular thing.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was all leggies, I would take one pull. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    i have two of these, but as I have no slots free, I can't risk it even if I was able to. Plus I have not had a decent dilithium offer in ages and no way to improve my VIP (in a worthwhile manner).

Take a hint marketing I don't want borg or fed schematics so stop giving me these offers as if they were the only ones!
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It's too dangerous for me anyway, because Captain Lorian, Romulan Data and Maquis Tuvok are immortalized for me and Mintakan Riker is 3/5 FE (which would be nice to immortalize with two more stars), Laborer Spock 1/5 FE and I don't have Ambassador Soval yet. However, having six to pick and half immortal, it's not worth risking such a huge dil pull.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »
    Is this the first time they've ever done a pack at this price?

I've never even managed to save up enough for a 6500 pack, so I doubt I'll be in a position to purchase many should they become a regular thing.

They've done this at least once before that I can recall (a couple months ago, I think). Don't remember which crew, since like you this is way beyond my dilithium capabilities.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I would never spend that much on a pack. The big problem for me is it is the BEST pack they have put together that would work for me in a very long time!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

It's not yours to keep. When your subscription lapses, you lose access to Games With Gold for Xbox One.

So you can look at it as an expensive rental ($60 to borrow it for a year) or in order to keep it, you'd need to pay for Xbox Live Gold every year for the rest of your life. Which, if we get our brains put into robot bodies within our lifetimes, could be $∞!

Either way, Games With Gold are only "free" if you work for Microsoft's marketing team. ;)

Well, since my subscription isn’t likely to expire before I’ve finished the game and there is an infinitesimal chance of going back for a second run-through, the end result is the same: I enjoy additional content on top of what I was already receiving for no additional cost, saving money that I would have spent on that game and allowing me to apply it elsewhere.
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    These kind of ridiculous packs need to go away.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    the last 11000 pack had FO Burnham, Tilly, Culber, Rejac, Ripper and dwight schrute. Those options were WAY better. (stats wise)
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as they sell well enough, they'll continue to offer them.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    If I would have had the money on my card, I would have bought it.... I need everyone of them guys
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

As long as they sell well enough, they'll continue to offer them.

Of course, but nonetheless the majority of players are avoiding these. How many people have come in here and shared their results from this one?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you don't market to the majority.
    Look at Apple. They market to folks with a higher price point for their units and keep a higher margin and do not have to sell as many units.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been well established that most mobile game revenue comes from a small fraction of the player base.
  • Options
    These 11,000 dil pack is bull **tsk tsk**.

Why dont ppl buy 2 at 6500 and get 20 crews with higher chance of more than 2 legendary and cashback points?
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »
    It's been well established that most mobile game revenue comes from a small fraction of the player base.

Yes. They are the enabler... :smile: and once half of them gone when they are bored, developer will lose revenue and shutdown the game :(
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to try at a pull, but I feared I'd get Lorian who is already immortalized for me.
    That and the cost is just way too high.
    I'd love Mintakan Riker, and Romuland Data. I also still need two more stars on my Laborer Spock and four more on my Maquis Tuvok.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in full disclosure -
    Last time the 11k pack was offered, and that was the first time it was offered, was for the aforementioned Discovery crew.

I did 3 pulls.

That's about $350 worth of DIL, give or take. I wanted Culber and would gladly have taken another FO Burnham, I didn't have Ripper. I had Torchbearer guy 2/5 and Tilly/Mudd immortal.

First 11k pull - Mudd/Tilly.
    Second 11k pull - Mudd/Tilly.
    Third 11k pull - Torchbearer/Culber/Culber

In retrospect, not at all worth it. Yes, that would have been better spent on 6500 DIL packs, but the gimmick is those crew were not offered in 6500 DIL packs at the time - they were that portal only. And seeing how several of those are the top in their respective area, and Burnham is the best card in the game, I felt that it was worth a shot.

I did post a suggestion to DB that they need to dress that pack up with SOMETHING. Add 1k Chrons (like 500 they give in the 6500 packs) or anything of value - that is far and away the most expensive single pull you can do in game and is double what Elusive Treasures cost.

And now here we are with the next offering - again I could use stars on Minty Riker and Lorian and Soval, but the other three are immortal. It's a roll of the dice. I'm just not interested in spending over $100 for two golds with nothing else.

Someone, somewhere, found value in the pack. And good for them. I'm just offering a perspective of a previous buyer who doesn't see the value in the current configuration to purchase again.