Home The Bridge

Voyages Primary and Secondary Skills

How or when do the primary and secondary skills change for voyages?

Comments

• BenSon2007BenSon2007 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Pretty sure when everything else get a reset.
  • Do we all have the same? I have med primary and eng secondary
  • I was going to make a thread about this but I migh as well post it here. I have been doing a 8-12 hour voyage every day since release and I have only encountered a dip/sec/Com combination 1 time, it was dip/com.

What gives with that DB. You bombard us with those 3 skills but never give us them for a voyage. Seems a tad bit stingy to me. In retrospect I have received the hated sci/med combo like 5 times.
  • I have SCI primary and COM secondary!
  • Tracking my last 33 Voyages (since 9/25), I've had 8 instances with DIP/SEC/COM:

10/2 - DIP/CMD
    10/3 - DIP/CMD
    10/4 - CMD/DIP
    10/5 - CMD/SEC
    10/11 - DIP/SEC (both missions for the day)
    10/13 - CMD/DIP (both missions for the day)
  • It is possible that I was hit with the trait switching bug. I have been logging my voyages but I haven't went back to look at all the screen shots of skill checks and such.

Thanks for the heads up. And @ ace voyages switch at gauntlet reset 8 pm est -5 gmt.
  • edited October 2017
    Seems like whatever combo we get is determined by, my favorite words, RNG lol. I have had Med in my combos every time this week...
  • It is possible that I was hit with the trait switching bug. I have been logging my voyages but I haven't went back to look at all the screen shots of skill checks and such.

Thanks for the heads up. And @ ace voyages switch at gauntlet reset 8 pm est -5 gmt.

Gauntlet refresh time seems right. No idea why they don't have everything refresh at the same time.

Dont like that we don't all get same skills tested.
  • Yeah and I get med/eng so it probably relies on which skills you have the least lol
  • I saw SEC,CMD on 10/5 & 10/9; CMD, DIP on 10/8.
    Of course, I've had the traits switch on me on two days. First time I thought I just screwed up, but the second time I know it was the game.
  • Tbh I wish we would all just get the same traits everyday so there would be no guessing as to the fairness of the system as far as assigning traits.
  • Woke up today with sci and eng. It's a good combo because there is a lot of crossover between them. Was able to hit 10k and 7k respectively
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, mine is med primary, security secondary today
    Let’s fly!
  • PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    For me I almost always get my weakest skills, MED, SCI, ENG, so often struggle to get enough to make 4hrs. Rarely get SEC, DIP, which are my strongest, when I do it's often the second skill. I've lost count the number of times it gets to 3hr 58mins then fails - often without me noticing, really annoying!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    It changes at the same time you get your Gauntlet reset (8pm EST, adjust for your timezone).

But, if you don't restart the game after the change happens, you won't see it. So any Voyage started after that time, if you haven't restarted the game, will incorrectly show the primary and secondary skills.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got DIP/CMD yesterday, but my voyage borked and I had to abandon it.