Home Make It So!

A Different Take on Gauntlet Rewards

There have been a lot of discussions here about how gauntlet rewards could or should be tweaked. But I would like to suggest that the entire reward system should be replaced because the current system adds a sense of unfairness to an already ridiculously frustrating game mechanic.

Instead of random loot boxes (or at least added in parallel to the current system), the gauntlet should reward its own unique currency based on performance. This could be spent to purchase any of the gauntlet crew, past or present. And for those who have them all immortalized, citations as well. I would love to suggest small amounts of dilithium, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I hate the gauntlet. I think it's a terrible game mode that at best could be made less frustrating, but will never be good without a complete redesign. But at the very least this would give people the sense that they are actually progressing towards something concrete by participating.

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    As bad as some aspects seem, the lot boxes as they currently exist give me (when not giving trainers) items my crew needs. I like that.
  • I appreciate that. This was mostly intended to address the way gauntlet specific crew are awarded.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That bears considering.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think we need yet another form of currency. Credits, merits, dilithium, honor...chrons, too, in a fashion. I do think the rewarding of gauntlet-specific crew needs to be drastically changed, as it is far too reliant on DB-RNG to be remotely fair. Having them tied to win streaks or even adding (many) more levels to the gauntlet rounds achievement would be an improvement. I also really liked the suggestion I saw a day or two ago about changing the gauntlet round achievement rewards to beholds consisting only of special gauntlet crew.