Home The Bridge
Options

At what time does the game calculate arena rewards?

Numerous times over the last couple months I have been in the 1% when the game flipped over to the following day. And yet when the rewards showed up I was in the 5%. What gives?

Comments

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Last 3 days I have been between rank 200 and 500 with about an hour left. I have received rewards for top 5% all 3 days.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Arena gets suspended for reward calculation at 2:00 AM EST.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Well, I was playing at that time I was keeping an eye on my Admiral division score: going back and checking every few minutes. It was in 1% before and after. I was still playing when the scores popped up, and it put me in the 5%. Something has to be wrong then.
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Last 3 days I have been between rank 200 and 500 with about an hour left. I have received rewards for top 5% all 3 days.

Same. That’s why I was starting to wonder. And decided to stay up and watch. A few days ago I was actually ranked number 1 with less than an hour left, and still ended up with a 5% score. I couldn’t imagine anyway possible i had slipped to 1400 in that amount of time. There’ve been many other days like that too.

• Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible to slip to ~1500 extremely easily - it just takes a couple of minutes. You only have to be beaten by three people.

Given that the last hour (well, the last 55 minutes) is also when everyone's just been given ten shiny new Arena tickets, it's to be expected that it will get very competitive in that time. If you want to be in the top 1%, you'll need to be playing in the last twenty minutes to have a chance, really.

(To answer the OP's original question, there's a countdown timer in the Arena. You can compare that with the countdown timer for the Dailies. Arena is calculated 55 minutes after the Dailies.)
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    It's possible to slip to ~1500 extremely easily - it just takes a couple of minutes. You only have to be beaten by three people.

Given that the last hour (well, the last 55 minutes) is also when everyone's just been given ten shiny new Arena tickets, it's to be expected that it will get very competitive in that time. If you want to be in the top 1%, you'll need to be playing in the last twenty minutes to have a chance, really.

(To answer the OP's original question, there's a countdown timer in the Arena. You can compare that with the countdown timer for the Dailies. Arena is calculated 55 minutes after the Dailies.)

This is all entirely correct. Those players in PST are a little better off as they can play arena from 10pm-10.55pm with their ten new tickets while you would have to wait until after midnight for EST. Europeans could play in the morning for the most part.

However, I notice a strange little quirk in the updating as I often reach Rank 1 and have tickets left so I wait... and wait... and the Ranking never drops. I have to close and reset and then it shows a lower ranking so I can burn a ticket and earn a few credits. So to be sure of your true ranking, I would restart just in case.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's entirely possible to stay in the top 1% without using tickets right after refresh. I do it routinely. I use my tickets in the last hour or two before refresh, and almost always stay in top 1%.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    If you're in the top 1% still in the morning before you've spent a ticket yet, that sounds like a bug.

I was ranked 37 when I went to bed at 11:00 EST last night. I woke up to rank 50. I was surprised, but I did indeed receive the appropriate number of schems.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're in the top 1% still in the morning before you've spent a ticket yet, that sounds like a bug.

After I got my sphere to 9/9 I spent a week in the top 50 in Captain division without fighting a single battle.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    To know what rank you actually are you need to check the leaderboard and click your rank for each division.

The screen showing your rank is not accurate. You can enter the arena for each division to get your correct rank too, again for each division.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like about 10:40 pm pst it suspends you from playing more arena matches and calculates rewards.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    OK, I am ranked 1052 in the 1%, Admiral division, and the clock just rolled over. Will see if I get a 1% or 5% score again.
  • Options
    Well this time it came up as 1%. I’ll keep an eye on it on nights that i'm up that late.