Home Make It So!

What "technical" enhancement would you submit as a "please make it so"?

*Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

What "technical" enhancement would you submit as a "please make it so"? 66 votes

Remove cadet challenge timer
7%
Marko Ramius(FF) Joe240guest_806387685109760[NDQ] lesbian quarkMe [AUS] 5 votes
Enable warp for cadet challeneges
33%
XoiikuJhamel[STJ] Wendell[10F]MadMaxDittoAggeACEMatt_Deckerguest_757423444811776Cap'n Fancy PantsAlmost a AngelSynthetic Commander[OPA] Col. Fred L. JohnsonOH MY!Riria[ISA] Big McLargeHuge<TGE> BarncatDoug Jones' LockersagimaVice Admiral Wolff 22 votes
Add a "replications used" counter
10%
IrialOdo MarmarosaCapt Muzz_BuzzGib - Admiral Mariners[SSR] BaragashZetterbeard Major Zushie 7 votes
Add an "antimatter remaining" counter on main screen (similar to supply pack timer)
4%
Data1001Catpain[S14] Elynduil 3 votes
Allow for one "reshuffle" of choice of behold
33%
Nad Halscruffy151Althea BiermontJim Steele[CAB595] Emrys Myrddin12345678 of 123456789ToyziePinkyfirstBeratis Kesla RedjaccmdrworfMirrorMartiganSST - 9of7Capt. Pete Owen•§ë• Captain TatemCaptain NateDavideBooksDirk Gunderson<TGE> CliffordCaptain Romar*Nomad* {PoF} 22 votes
Other
10%
FutureImperfectaSvenLundgrenbowdyRed GazzatronIronagedaveguest_896507900305408guest_988548851159041 7 votes

Comments

• Enable warp for cadet challeneges
    You're killing me with the choice between the cadet challenge warp and the behold reshuffle. My argument is the cadet warp would be something I would use daily, but the behold reshuffle would only be something that would come up occasionally (though when it did I would VERY MUCH want the option). I think I have to vote for what I would use the most, and benefit gameplay most often.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was all set to vote for the replication counter until I saw this.
  • SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All of the above.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Other
    all of the above except change the behold shuffle number to 3 instead and have a hold option as well so it's like a slot machine ;)

EDIT
    .... and if you get three in a row.... well you know.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Marko RamiusMarko Ramius ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The cadet challenge warp issue has been brought up many times. It's never going to happen, mainly because we all begged DB for a way to make our 2* and 3* crew relevant once the 4* crew started taking over. This is the way. Although I agree that games go through periodic major changes I think this is one you'll just have to grind out.

On the same token, I voted for removing the timer for these challenges. Originally it was 10 minutes which was excruciating. They lessened it to 3 minutes sometime last year. In my opinion, the point was to require players to log in multiple times in a day to complete the challenges, thus keeping the game relevant at the beginning. However, since the player base has exploded in the past year, and with the many additions to the game that keep players coming back, this tactic is no longer necessary.

I was torn between this and the replicator counter. They both seem like the most likely to happen. As nice as it sounds, let's be honest, we're never getting a reshuffle for beholds.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    The cadet challenge warp issue has been brought up many times.

I used to have a list of links someplace to quite a few of those cadet warp threads, suffice I think to say, there have been at least a couple. You did a good job outlining one of the possible reasons cadet warping might not have been implemented, though I hope your reasonable yet pessimistic conclusion that, "It's never going to happen" isn't as accurate as your synopsis.

I would have also voted for prioritizing "Allow for one "reshuffle" of choice of behold" except for the inclusion of "one", as due to the RNG that might just end up taking people from one fully fused behold into the another. Also, it appears that I just assumed the option of reshuffling was meant specifically in terms of all duplicate beholds and not in general, as that wasn't explicitly stated.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    The cadet challenge warp issue has been brought up many times. It's never going to happen, mainly because we all begged DB for a way to make our 2* and 3* crew relevant once the 4* crew started taking over.

I already proposed a viable option to allow a cadet "warp" option without removing the requirement of still requiring those crew on hand ... mostly :) Wouldn't kill them to consider some of these ideas, however, I am with you with your lack of faith in DB to implement an option .. O.o

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3270/cadet-missions-yes-again#latest

• edited April 2018
    I propose that a search magnifier be added to the external events of the team so that the player can search for the required skill that would greatly facilitate our game.
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    Other
    Allow us to see the quantity we have of items everywhere, not just only in the inventory.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I'd love a "re-roll" ability for beholds. It is particularly annoying when you get a FF behold drops its like chucking money down the toilet.
    DB: Do Better
  • Other
    how about a slider on training similar to the replicator slider. Instead of the stupid rapid rate, Warp 10 feature that puts you on 50 5* training when you only wanted to use 25.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add an "antimatter remaining" counter on main screen (similar to supply pack timer)
    how about a slider on training similar to the replicator slider. Instead of the stupid rapid rate, Warp 10 feature that puts you on 50 5* training when you only wanted to use 25.

👍

I've requested this before and it definitely bears bringing up again!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All of the above..

But if I must only pick one, reshuffle Beholds.
  • Other
    A second level of sort/filter on the crew listings.

I'd love to be able to see all the pilots.... (filter)
    ....sorted by SEC rating. (sort)

Check the Freezer for a Physician.... (filter)
    ...with ENG (ie sorted with Eng first) (sort)
  • Other
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I'd love a "re-roll" ability for beholds. It is particularly annoying when you get a FF behold drops its like chucking money down the toilet.

It would be a good mechanic to get the system to check Cryo and if you have a Immort of the high (4*/5*) ranker, then to _offer_ a re-roll (max 5 rerolls). It's not there's only a few to select from!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're killing me with the choice between the cadet challenge warp and the behold reshuffle.

That one killed me too. I wanted to say "All of the Above"