Home The Bridge
Options

Thanks DB for the Shuttle Variety in Reunification

Nice job DB with designing the shuttle missions for this event!
... good mix of all skills with a few med/sci/eng for those characters, including slots which feature the event crew!

GREAT in comparison with last weeks's Engineering Lollapalooza.

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though the now only one 3 seater per faction is not a good trend.

Two steps forward, two steps back. We do the hokey pokey and turn it all about.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not so bad. Each faction gets a 5-seat, 3-seat and 4x 4-seats. Two of the five seats are decent too. One's 3xDIP+2xMED, the other 3xCMD+other. Makes for good boost stacking. Last week had that 5-seater with 3xSCI. I actually deliberately went fishing for that one.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna hurt newer folks if the trend continues.
    I'm doing ok with it, but some of my squad is struggling a bit.

• Options
    Can't be too mad about the number of crew slots given how many crew qualify for bonuses.
  • Options
    And yet the 96% still fail.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be too mad about the number of crew slots given how many crew qualify for bonuses.

except that they will more than likely use this for a template for future events which will not have such a large bonus pool.

Folks thought the loss of 2 seaters was just temporary due to large bonus pools-- never seen them again since.
  • Options
    I'm not going to condemn them for having more be 4-spot this time around.

Given this is the last event of a Mega, there are a huge number of bonus crew that can be leveled (I have 38, all Lv100). So they may have just be trying to weight things better for that fact.

Now, if next week is a new Faction, and it also has 4x4 and 1x3, then we might have something to talk about. So, not acquitting them, but not condemning either.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Given this is the last event of a Mega, there are a huge number of bonus crew that can be leveled (I have 38, all Lv100). So they may have just be trying to weight things better for that fact.

Keep in mind, only a tiny fraction of all players would have 38, all level 100. The vast majority probably don't have enough bonus crew to fill all the slots on 4 shuttles. :)

• Options

Keep in mind, only a tiny fraction of all players would have 38, all level 100. The vast majority probably don't have enough bonus crew to fill all the slots on 4 shuttles. :)

By my count, there are 75 bonus crew for this event. Given that you need 19 crew max, there's a good chance you can fill all the slots (with the normal caveat for matching skills).

As I said before, we'll see how the next event goes for shuttle slot distribution...
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    I like the pile of diplomacy command shuttles for section 31. Although I would rather the medical/ diplomacy have been a diplomacy/medical to fit troi better.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DIP/SEC slots are oddly hard for me to fill, given what we know about 1st vs. 2nd skills. I’ve been using DIP-only crew or going all the way down to my 1/5* Locutus to fill one.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Though the now only one 3 seater per faction is not a good trend.

Two steps forward, two steps back. We do the hokey pokey and turn it all about.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the new normal in wake of the reduction in max mission count. For faction events in which 6 missions/faction are the max (2 and 3 faction events), the mix is going to be 1x3 seat, 4x4, 1x5 for each faction. For a 1 faction event (12 max missions), double it - 2x3, 8x4, 2x5. I don't believe there has been an exception to this pattern since the change (excluding re-run of older events).