Home The Bridge
Options

How good does a two-skill crew need to be for you to go for them?

Not considering whether you like the character or not.

I think personally I need a base skill over 1,300 for a legendary, (900 for super-rare), or be a viable gauntlet character (somebody I could use at 25% crit), to care. How about you?

Comments

• Options
    Captain TFCaptain TF ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    For myself, if it isn't a character I like it would be more what combination of skills. And if it is two of CMD-DIP-SEC, it would have to be ridiculous like 900+ in one or 800+ in both (for super rare), and forget it for Legendary -- I currently have 12 @ 1/5 or 2/5 and don't want any more. (Well, maybe if they were 1500+ FF/FE.)

A rare or unique combo would do the trick - I don't recall ever seeing a ENG-MED as a 2-skill character. The six with ENG-MED I have listed in my roster have a 3rd skill.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or have a skill I need. I still use T'Kuvma and Dress Uniform Scotty every day.
  • Options
    For me it depends on the stats...CMD/SEC NOPE!! SCI/CMD maybe. ENG/MED Definitely!!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm willing to tolerate a sub-par voyage crew if they perform other useful in game functions. For example, I almost never send out Daystrom on Voyages but he's pretty good in the Gauntlet.

I don't really consider base skill to be an advantage unless the character in question is a good recurring character. Sheriff Q isn't great but I can reasonable expect him to useful in future events. He's probably still wasting space on my roster.

If a new crew somehow ended up like Mirror Phlox then I would certainly go for it but so far he's pretty unique in capability.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 2 stat crew, they need to have very high base numbers (like Dress Uniform Scotty).
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    No 3 stats is no consideration in gauntlet. No 4* 2 stat ever gets enough points to use on a voyage.

It would take 2 super base stats to keep to be able to use on shuttles or faction events.

My crew is essentially evolved enough now that 2 stat crew are practically worthless. The only value for a 2 stat crew is megha event 5* for the available no cost low effort 4/5 stars.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have plenty* of two-skill crew that get used every day. Even on voyages and the occasional gauntlet. Because, you know, not everyone can fill twelve voyage slots and 4-20 shuttle slots with immortalized legendary crew that have three amazing stats, or find a combination of such crew that match all of the featured gauntlet traits.

*List:
    T’Kuvma
    Mirror Kirk
    Victorian Pulaski
    Marla McGivers
    Niners Rom
    Tuskegee Mayweather
    Warship Tuvok (1/5*)
    Mirror Phlox
    Graduation Burnham
    First Officer Saru

There are others that get less frequent use depending on who I’ve got tied up on a voyage - Mirror Bashir (1/5*), Orion Vina (2/5*), Captain Pike (1/5*), Rogue Kai Winn (3/5*), Changeling Founder (2/5*), Antaak, Holonovel Doctor, Tarah, Rur Penthe Reed, EV Duit Tucker, Commander Kelby, Doctor Soong (3/5*), and Mariachi Q (1/5*) have all seen limited action for specific voyage/shuttle combinations.
  • Options
    I'm still low in ENG and SCI so if they have one of these I'll probably take them. Daystrom is a gauntlet regular and occasional voyager for me.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It really does depend on the selection choice available, and it's one of the annoying reasons I cant decide between freezing prospect and graduation burnham, Grad Burnham has better intensity on SCI and ENG which are notorious for being lowish for voyages, she also has higher base stats for shuttles but Prospect Burnham offers more skill points and is still pretty handy shuttles or other.

Even in a begold posted here Rura Penthe Kirk out shone a 3 skill characters - had an insane arena bonus, is powerful in security for shuttles (one of the best)

The upshot is never judge a book by it's cover and always read between the lines. There are multiple uses in the game and you should weigh up versatility with whether you need major improvement in a particular area.

For me ENG and SCI are still weak particularly in the Legendary area, Super Rare is fine I have Rom immortal and a 3/4 Mayweather. But they are still under represented some purples in other skills are near on hitting 1k now (base stat) and there are very few Eng Purple remotely come close to that to my knowledge.

EDIT but it should be noted that CMD base in the purple rarity is perhaps even more dire.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    To "go for", assuming you mean spend thousands of chron or dilithium to obtain.

They would have to have 1/5 or 4/4 base score over 1000 AND have their combined prof scores over 1000.

Gladiator McCoy probably best example I can think of, he's pretty close to those requirements.

SEC 856+(180–362)
    MED 311+(270–675)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have plenty* of two-skill crew that get used every day. Even on voyages and the occasional gauntlet. Because, you know, not everyone can fill twelve voyage slots and 4-20 shuttle slots with immortalized legendary crew that have three amazing stats, or find a combination of such crew that match all of the featured gauntlet traits.

Are these crew actually good or are you just holding your nose till you get something better?

Jazz Odo continues to **tsk tsk** the life out of my roster mostly but he did help me get ZOdo, Stranded Odo and Trader Odo. So I hold my nose and not airlock his stinkiness into space.

2 skill 4*'s not named Mirror Phlox and Tuskegee Mayweather can sit in the cold place till the end of time for all I care.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    There are no 4* crew good enough to make my voyages crew. I guess if they were outstanding for the gauntlet, as in better than Mirror Phlox or Jarok or Nurse Garland, I would try to make sure I got at least one copy. A few 4* make shuttles, particularly in MED, and ENG, occasionally in SEC/DIP because there are a few 4* with over 1000 base in those skills with starbase bonus factored in.

So I guess to answer the question, a 900+ base ENG or MED would be a 4* must have.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Are these crew actually good or are you just holding your nose till you get something better?

Jazz Odo continues to *TPS reports* the life out of my roster mostly but he did help me get ZOdo, Stranded Odo and Trader Odo. So I hold my nose and not airlock his stinkiness into space.

2 skill 4*'s not named Mirror Phlox and Tuskegee Mayweather can sit in the cold place till the end of time for all I care.

I’m not holding my nose - they are valued members of my crew. I do well on voyages (7-7.5 hours before recall) and run shuttles continuously outside of events to farm resources because of their contributions. Would I like to have every legendary in the game immortalized and ready to rock? Sure...I just don’t have the tens of thousands of dollars required to make that happen and don’t feel bad about that fact.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am at the point, if I do not use a 2-stat for gauntlet or arena. They will be hitting the freezer when I need space.

I have not gotten to the point of freezing legendaries. They usually will have better stats than superrares. I do not know if I would freeze a 2-stat legendary over a 3-stat superrare. But, I am one star away from freezing a 1-stat Captain Scott. When he is FF he will be frozen.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still waiting for Dr. Hugh Culber and Surgeon Pulaski. The other base monsters I already have, even though at 1/5 to 4/5, but those two MED munsters are really worf waiting for!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    If I am able to get a FF'd copy of a new character, then I go for it and do so, regardless of what their stats are.