Home The Bridge
Options

What’s Up With The Event Offers This Time? (last Vulcan event)

I don’t know if anyone else noticed or not, but this time around, during the event, the offers are coming to us one by one, slowly, day by day, like they use to, instead of several at once for a time, then several more, etc. I had rather thought that DB had gotten the message from the majority of players, as far as I’m aware, that the newer system of displaying event offers was much preferred. Now suddenly on the very last event in the Vulcan mega-event they switch back to old style.

I’m not sure about everyone, but I for one always found the older system of displaying event offers to frustrating. For instance, in the current event, we’ve been stuck with a Romulan Picard offer alone for a whole day now and today they switched the offer, to another Romulan Picard offer. Picard is great, but I actually WANT Mintakan Troi. I was hoping get one of her through an offer, usually the $9.99 one, and had expected to be able to do so early in the event so I could actually use her.

Instead, she sits with too few stars in my roster, totally useless, because I just don’t have enough of her right now. It appears that by the time they DO put up the 10 buck offer, the event will either be pretty much over, Sunday, or halfway over, Saturday.

I know I always write too much about simple things. I’m a verbose person sometimes. I’m sorry. But I hope this at least adequately explains why at least some of us prefer to have multiple event offers instead of just one at a time. Please DB, @Shan , @Black Pebble , anybody, switch it back.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistent inconsistency is pretty common in this game... just the way it is
  • Options
    I’m sorry, but I don’t wish to accept that, since they are suppose to be a professional business and all, but also because that way lies the death of hope.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan said that putting up all offers at once was an experiment. That implies that they'll try it each way, maybe a few different ways, before determining which is most profitable.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even at 1/4 this Troi has one of the best stats for a 4*. I leveled her as soon as I got the first copy from thresholds and she immediately went out on a shuttle. Even if you don't equip her last clothing she's at ~700 diplomacy which equates to 2100 with the 3x boost for being event crew.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second they put up the "Gotcha" Sela offer there was no way they could put them all up at once.

Tomorrow will be 2 Troi for $33 Canadian
    Sunday the second Gotcha Sela goes bye bye, she'll appear again for the same price, but one star and 2 event packs from this event.

Expect the same thing next week I predict with Quark packs from the Klingon event
  • Options
    [KM] WOLF 359[KM] WOLF 359 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have no idea, other than I prefer to see all the offers at the same time. I think everyone knows what they're buying or not buying at this point. What's the difference?
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Seems like for galaxy events they come one at a time. Can't blow all those chronos on a single supply ticket.