Home Ready Room
Options

Too many 4* crew! Airlocking help please (long)

I love my 4* crewmembers, especially the Vulcans and the Mirror Universe crew. But though I have 120 crew slots, I'm filled up with sixty-one 4* crew and have 97 Premium Portal Rewards banked up. I need to make room!

Here are the crew on the chopping block:

Mirror K'Ehleyr - 1/4, lvl 83
Tourist Quark - 1/4, lvl 80
Young Khan - 2/4, lvl 70
Klingon Quark - 2/4, lvl 70
Ambassador Spock - 1/4, lvl 63
KDF Gowron - 2/4, lvl 56
Captain Klaa - 1/4, lvl 51
Agent Harris - 3/4, lvl 50
Mirror Jadzia Dax - 1/4, lvl 50
Chief O'Brien - 2/4, lvl 50
Mirror Uhura - 3/4, lvl 40
Marla McGivers - 1/4, lvl 40
Drone Seven of Nine - 1/4, lvl 34
Advocate Kolos - 3/4, lvl 30
Formal Dress Wesley Crusher - 2/4, lvl 30
Lieutenant Tarah - 1/4, lvl 30
Bridge Officer Troi - 3/4, lvl 30
The Duras Sisters - 1/4, lvl 26 (don't seem as awesome as I've heard)
RAF Julian Bashir - 1/4, lvl 17 (also heard I should maybe keep)
Commando Shran - 2/4, lvl 10
Riley Frazier - 1/4, lvl 10
Romulan Kirk - 1/4, lvl 1
Ambassador Shras - 3/4, lvl 1
Prospect Michael Burnham - 1/4, lvl 1
Author Doctor - 1/4, lvl 1
Duelist Yar - 2/4, lvl 1
Rakal Troi - 1/4, lvl 1
Professor Scott - 1/4, lvl 1
Niners Rom - 1/4, lvl 1
Anji - 1/4, lvl 1
Vulcan Wedding T'Pol - 3/4, lvl 1
Lieutenant Valeris - 1/4, lvl 1
Amanda Grayson - 2/4, lvl 1
The President of Earth - 1/4, lvl 1
Victorian Pulaski - 3/4, lvl 1
Bajoran Dukat - 2/4, lvl 1
Kazon Seska - 1/4, lvl 1
Commander Ellen Landry - 3/4, lvl 1
Time Loop Mudd - 1/4, lvl 1
Dr. Hippocrates Noah - 1/4, lvl 1
Mintakan Troi - 2/4, lvl 1

Here are the crew that I've marked as keepers:

Torchbearer Voq - 4/4, immortalized
Captain T'Pol - 1/4, lvl 99
Mirror Garak - 1/4, lvl 99
Commander Chapel - 2/4, lvl 99 (mainstay in Arena)
Graduation Michael Burnham - 4/4, lvl 99
Weyoun Clone 4 (only have him and Keevan with "Dominion" trait)
Commander Keras - 4/4, lvl 99
Mother Horta - 2/4, lvl 99
Mirror Geordi La Forge - 4/4, lvl 99
T'Mir - 1/4, lvl 99
Celebratory Ash Tyler - 4/4, lvl 99
Ambassador Sarek - 1/4, lvl 87
Kal-if-fee Spock - 1/4, lvl 69
Liason Torres, 3/4, lvl 78
Mirror Empress Sato - 3/3, lvl 70
Katra McCoy - 1/4, lvl 56
Reinforcements Stamets - 4/4, lvl 50
Mirror Jennifer Sisko - 3/4, lvl 46 (haven't used much, but told she was a keeper)
Laas - 1/4, lvl 30 (only Changeling other than Security Chief Odo and Gaia Odo)
Nurse Faith Garland, 3/4, lvl 10 (good potential medical/gauntlet?)

I'm wondering if I should redeem my rewards first, to see if I get some fusible crew.

Any help appreciated!
"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
-Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greyshade wrote: »
    I love my 4* crewmembers, especially the Vulcans and the Mirror Universe crew. But though I have 120 crew slots, I'm filled up with sixty-one 4* crew and have 97 Premium Portal Rewards banked up. I need to make room!

Here are the crew on the chopping block:

<snipped for space>

Here are the crew that I've marked as keepers:

<snipped for space>

I'm wondering if I should redeem my rewards first, to see if I get some fusible crew.

Any help appreciated!

At the very least, I would suggest you consider airlocking the following:
    • Formal Dress Wesley Crusher - 2/4, lvl 30
    • Riley Frazier - 1/4, lvl 10
    • Amanda Grayson - 2/4, lvl 1
    • Kazon Seska - 1/4, lvl 1

These are some who are worth keeping:
    • The Duras Sisters - 1/4, lvl 26 [but really only for their Arena abilities]
    • RAF Julian Bashir - 1/4, lvl 17 [decent MED for a 4*, but maybe more importantly, he'll be bonus crew in this summer's mega event]
    • Lieutenant Valeris - 1/4, lvl 1 [once leveled will be quite useful in Gauntlet]

Keep and level your crew who are level 70 and above. Keep 4/4 crew for now, unless you really don't care about them.

Regarding your list of keepers: I'd also suggest Laas could make his way into the coldness of space, as well, but maybe if you're still concerned about your shortage of changelings, I guess I'd say hang on to him for the moment but don't spend any resources on him as of yet. You may get a much better changeling like Stranded Odo or something in a premium pull.

Also, is there a reason you've got a number of crew at level 99 and not 100? Just curious, as it caught my eye. Some of those 4/4's like Ash Tyler and even Keras could be leveled up to 100 and frozen (temporarily, if need be) if you need space.

Now, to the question about all your premium pulls you've got saved up and whether to open those first. You could do that. Remember that once a crew member enters overflow, you have 7 days to figure out what to do with them before they're automatically deleted from your account. So that may even give you time to level up and cryo a few crew in the meantime — or at least figure out who lives and who dies. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

Also, is there a reason you've got a number of crew at level 99 and not 100?

Some I'm waiting to promote to the full 4 stars, or still trying to build the final item(s).

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Mirror jadzia is a keeper good base stats even for a 1/4
    Pulaski and Rom are also keepers IMO

I mostly agree with the suggested list made by data but I would swap Wes with Anij and maybe also add Tarah to the boot list
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mostly agree with the suggested list made by data but I would swap Wes with Anij and maybe also add Tarah to the boot list

Tarah can be helpful if you don't have a lot of decent SEC. I make use of her on my alt accounts.

As for Anij — I think I'd advise keeping her. +(204–436) DIP proficiency and +(177–546) MED proficiency could be handy. Again, depending on who else is in the roster, she might be useful in Gauntlet, and possibly Voyages, as well.

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I would recommend freezing everyone you can and pulling some (not all) of your packs before airlocking anyone - you never know who you could FF from that huge pile of packs.
    Seconding that suggestion. It's very painful to airlock somebody only to get another two copies from voyage and third from pack.

PS. I would consider airlocking Prospect Michael Burnham. She's good, but it's a loooong time before she would appear in portals and she's conveniently at lv1 so no wasted effort. Same with Anij who is much much less useful too.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice from everyone already. My 2 cents: airlocking is hard, but you must be clinical about it, and ruthless. From your chopping block list, I would recommend saying adios to -

First wave (weaker cards, one-off crew, and/or won't be dropping from portals in near future):
    Captain Klaa
    Commando Shran
    Riley Frazier
    Professor Scott
    Anij
    Amanda Grayson
    Kazon Seska
    Time Loop Mudd

Second wave, if you need more space (main cast w/ gameplay value, but space matters more):
    Tourist Quark
    Rakal Troi
    Romulan Kirk
    President of Earth
    Author Doctor
    Prospect Burnham

Regarding your premium portals... you didn't say if they were the 3* or 4* kind (1x or 10x). I wouldn't worry about your count for the 1x variety - they drop rare crew and schematics far more often than 4* crew, so they aren't much of a factor here (but open some if you'd like to). If you have any 10x portals, I'd open some/all of them before you start airlocking to see if you can FF anyone from either of your lists. That being said, you must maintain the ruthless mindset - nobody new can join your crew (unless they are legendary). So if you pull a Captain Harriman (for example), too bad - send him to the airlock. If you pull 2 Captain Harrimans, well... maybe you keep him, but then you must airlock someone else in his place.

Good luck, and remember - all these crew will eventually come back to you. So it's not "goodbye", just "see you later".
  • Options
    Regarding your premium portals... you didn't say if they were the 3* or 4* kind (1x or 10x).

I was imprecise. My grand total is now up to ten 10x premium and four 10x basic.

Thanks everyone. The advice is really helpful. Especially when you all agree on ditching someone; that makes for an easy choice!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take the other road ... i.e. no air locking for the time being.

Just level and freeze your 4/4 crew ... with the first to go being Grad. Burnham, Stamets and Keras ... the second wave including Mirror Geordi and Celebratory Ash.

The only one I'd hold on to for the time being is Voq and he's be part of the third wave.

I freeze almost all immortalised 4* 2-skill crew instantly, unless they have a base of over 1000 in their main skill ... and even then I've started freezing those, because they just aren't worth keeping around. They will help for a while on shuttles, but to be honest, a 3/4 FE with a good base will do just as fine. I mean, if you level Marla, even at 1/4 FE she'll be one of your top base DIP crew. The same goes for Mirror Dax and SEC.

My main group of immortalised 4*s are on a rotation basis usually ... I just make do with associated event crew each week and do fine. For example, my Vulcan and Romulan contingent will make way for a small band of Ferengi ... almost all the recent mega-event 4* crew are on their way out (except Mintakan Troi for the time being).
    I have some stalwarts who are always around ... some MED 4*s and some 3 skill crew who do well on Voyages ... but for the most part I use my 5*s (have 27, many of which I never use!) and non-FF FE 4*s to pick up the slack in all areas.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Tarah can be helpful if you don't have a lot of decent SEC. I make use of her on my alt accounts.

As for Anij — I think I'd advise keeping her. +(204–436) DIP proficiency and +(177–546) MED proficiency could be handy. Again, depending on who else is in the roster, she might be useful in Gauntlet, and possibly Voyages, as well.

Well I was going on the basis that they keep both Mirror Dax and Nurse Garland
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I was going on the basis that they keep both Mirror Dax and Nurse Garland

Right, and as someone else pointed out, his Anij is only one star, which I neglected to take into account, so she should rightly be airlocked, since she won't be in regular packs for quite some time.

• Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    First wave (weaker cards, one-off crew, and/or won't be dropping from portals in near future):
    Commando Shran

Just thought I'd mention that I got a copy of Commando Shran from a voyage yesterday... He was 2/4 at the end of the event he was in, and yesterday he became FF.
  • Options
    Greyshade wrote: »

Drone Seven of Nine - 1/4, lvl 34
    Bridge Officer Troi - 3/4, lvl 30
    The Duras Sisters - 1/4, lvl 26 (don't seem as awesome as I've heard)

I’m definitely no expert but these 3 are some of my best 4 star crew ( Troi and Seven are immortalized) They are rocking the voyages, especially Troi. Also, she is often in the daily prizes you can claim. That’s how I immortalized her so easily. Seven was also not that difficult.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Duras Sisters kick tail in the arena.