Home Ready Room
Options

How to collect voyage rewards

I bought the daily dilythium so I could do voyages ( which is **tsk tsk**) and now 3 hours later I'm almost out and wanted to quit an hour ago but all it gave me was 2 choices neither of which was quit and collect your reward so please tell me how to quit voyages and collect my rewards.
Also these forums **tsk tsk** for new players the cadets manual should be easily found on here and voyages should be in it

Comments

• Options
    I reached the 4 hour mark and had to buy more dylithium to do it and still it just gives me stupid choices none of which is collect my rewards so I'm gonna do nothing and go to bed and when I wake I'll either have my rewards or quit this stupid game
  • Options
    So it's the recall button the button that the instructions say if you press it you lose everything but you don't you get everything unless you press it at the wrong time this is so stupid
  • Options
    Pressing the "recall" button at any time (bottom right) will end your outward Voyage and it will start to return. It takes some time to return, but when it does, you will get the rewards listed.

Ideally, you want to hit recall when your remaining antimatter is around 100. It's best not to go below this or you risk losing everything (it's possible to still lose antimatter even after hitting recall). Recalling anytime above 100 is also possible, but the longer you leave it the more rewards you will get.

And yes, there should indeed be some official documentation regarding Voyages, as well as Starbases, events, and all the other features of the game... But DB doesn't believe in doing this. They obviously like players to figure things out for themselves via trial and error...
  • Options
    Through a community effort, we have all had to learn how most features work. Very minimal information is given by DB. The wiki is having problems at the moment, but is a very good source of information for all aspects of the game.

http://stt.wiki/wiki/Voyages
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »
    Ideally, you want to hit recall when your remaining antimatter is around 100. It's best not to go below this or you risk losing everything (it's possible to still lose antimatter even after hitting recall).

This should no longer be the case. At one time, this was indeed a bug that was affecting everyone, but DB did some bug fixes that took care of many of the early issues. If you recall just before a Dilemma, you could still lose 30 AntiMatter (AM) there, but otherwise, the most you should lose is 1 AM. I have done several Voyages with just a dozen or two AM remaining, and they returned home with no problem.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Ideally, you want to hit recall when your remaining antimatter is around 100. It's best not to go below this or you risk losing everything (it's possible to still lose antimatter even after hitting recall).

This should no longer be the case. At one time, this was indeed a bug that was affecting everyone, but DB did some bug fixes that took care of many of the early issues. If you recall just before a Dilemma, you could still lose 30 AntiMatter (AM) there, but otherwise, the most you should lose is 1 AM. I have done several Voyages with just a dozen or two AM remaining, and they returned home with no problem.
    It's still the case, just better. Mostly because of synchronization - AM shown =/= AM that you have as your client can lag minute or two behind - at least on Steam.

Though 100 is a bit much, around 60 is safe, and just more than 30 is safe-ish.
  • Options
    31 is safe... allows for 1 AM tick for an event, or a hazard that gets snuck in taking 30 AM after hitting recall. Though many of my recalls are in the single digits (6 - 8 AM)... 2 Voyages ago I had 1 AM left... I'm daring!
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    31 is safe... allows for 1 AM tick for an event, or a hazard that gets snuck in taking 30 AM after hitting recall. Though many of my recalls are in the single digits (6 - 8 AM)... 2 Voyages ago I had 1 AM left... I'm daring!
    If you lag by more than 1 minute then it's not safe actually. Risk of two hazards. But it's pretty rare.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    If you lag by more than 1 minute then it's not safe actually. Risk of two hazards. But it's pretty rare.

I was unaware that anyone on Steam was experiencing lag. And that would have been the one place I would've expected no lag whatsoever.

My advice is, when in doubt, take screenshots of just before and just after recalling, so if you fail the recall when you started with AM still in the tank, you'll have ammunition for a CS ticket.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    AstrometricsAstrometrics ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I was unaware that anyone on Steam was experiencing lag. And that would have been the one place I would've expected no lag whatsoever.

Doesn't network lag count? A weak/overloaded wireless connection can make a computer connection lag...
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think loading frames of crew takes a bit longer, so when you get several in the row...

But I'm not 100% sure, may be network, may be something else. What I 100% sure that I did experience 2 min lag when it shows event for :55 and actual time is :57 or even :58 (and if you exit voyage screen and reenter there are suddenly 4-10 more messages).

Also often need to re-enter to activate dilemma as timer in the upper part is past 2:00:00 but it's just normal events for a time.
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »
    I think loading frames of crew takes a bit longer, so when you get several in the row...

But I'm not 100% sure, may be network, may be something else. What I 100% sure that I did experience 2 min lag when it shows event for :55 and actual time is :57 or even :58 (and if you exit voyage screen and reenter there are suddenly 4-10 more messages).

Also often need to re-enter to activate dilemma as timer in the upper part is past 2:00:00 but it's just normal events for a time.

I've never experienced this on my iPhone. Yes, lags happen... but for me it's only when I get the "Contacting Starfleet" spinning for 2-3 seconds when loading a mission or some status screen like Starbase stats.

I've never played on Steam so I can't say anything about that version.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a weird reverse-lag a few days ago. I forgot about my Voyage and got a notification that it was in trouble. Went in, and on the Galaxy map page I had the dead-ship failure icon, but when I clicked on the Voyage it came back to life with 2 AM left! I was sure I'd lost already, but figured no harm in trying recall and the ship actually made it home safe!
  • Options

This should no longer be the case.

Unfortunately, it is.

I have recalled a mission with around 80 antimatter left only to have it fail instantly. Only possibility is that it failed three hazards after hitting recall.

I'm willing to accept that this was very unlucky and wouldn't happen very often, but it can happen, and I never let a Voyage go below 90 antimatter now. Do so at your own risk!
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

This should no longer be the case.

Unfortunately, it is.

I have recalled a mission with around 80 antimatter left only to have it fail instantly. Only possibility is that it failed three hazards after hitting recall.

I'm willing to accept that this was very unlucky and wouldn't happen very often, but it can happen, and I never let a Voyage go below 90 antimatter now. Do so at your own risk!

DB Customer Service recommends recalling before you hit 150 as this can apparently occur up to 5 times.