Home Ready Room
Options

Monthly Dilithium card

As someone who has not yet but is considering doing the monthly card purchase with the daily dilithium drop, I wanted to ask some questions from those who have done the purchase.

1) Is it worth it?
2) Is it only a one-time purchase for the current month (so if I bought it today on 4/29 it would only payout today and tomorrow) or does it go for 30 days or how does that work? So is there more value to doing it on months with 31 days and worse for February from a value standpoint?
3) Related to that, does it just make sense then to only purchase on the 1st of the month?
4) Does it auto-renew for a period or do you have to hit the buy button every month?
5) Do you have to collect it on that day or in a certain amount of time or does it just auto deposit into your dilithium chamber?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Its 3,000 dilithium for $4. Other than that is up to you.
    2. The duration is 30 days from date of purchase.
    3. Date of purchase is largely irrelevant.
    4. You have to choose to repurchase after it expires.
    5. You have to collect every day or that day's dilithium is lost. The mechanic is the same as daily missions.
  • Options
    Gib - Admiral MarinersGib - Admiral Mariners ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    1 It is worth it.
    2 It lasts for 30 days, no matter what day of the month you purchase it.
    3 See answer to 2
    4 They tell you it is expired, and then you have to repurchase, no auto renew.
    5 You have to collect it every day. It shows up in your daily missions.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    The monthly card is the best deal in the entire game. So, for $4, try it for a month.

Trista
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The monthly card is the best deal in the entire game. So, for $4, try it for a month.
    For (relatively) newbie both Steam offers together are better - good ships for missions/voyages, 10x10, enough dil for both shuttles and crew slots from VIP. But monthly card is right behind them.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    1. Its 3,000 dilithium for $4. Other than that is up to you.
    2. The duration is 30 days from date of purchase.
    3. Date of purchase is largely irrelevant.
    4. You have to choose to repurchase after it expires.
    5. You have to collect every day or that day's dilithium is lost. The mechanic is the same as daily missions.

^^This pretty much answers all your questions. For me personally, the monthly card is the best way of getting dilithium. It is 3000 dilithium for $4. Especially if you plan to continue playing the game for some time it gives you a boost the makes playing the game a bit easier and more fun without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on the game. I have been playing the game since it started and have been buying the monthly for over a year and I can see the difference it made.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's such a good deal, I and many others want them to make it purchasable twice simultaneously.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was worth it to me at Captain Level 10, and it is still worth it to me at CL 63. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It's such a good deal, I and many others want them to make it purchasable twice simultaneously.
    Twice? I’d like it to be purchasable 10 times simultaneously.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a better deal than any of their "special" offers. I refuse to buy any of them because they're all worse value than the monthly card. If you're only going to spend limited money on the game, do it via a monthly card.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. I think it is worth it especially for a month or two to purchase two extra shuttles. If money is tight you can get an itunes gift card, google play card, or steem card as a gift and use that.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Thank you all. I've spent $ on 1 pack, 1 crew expansion, 1 shuttle and a couple of dilithium deals but I think this is where it needs to go next and the value seems reasonable especially with voyages and the flexibility to buy other things as they come along. Thank you for the responses. I just wanted to understand when I should make that purchase (in terms of having to wait for the beginning of the month or can I do it now) and would I need to time it out for another purchase. At least it sounds like it is very flexible as to when I can decide to purchase and not have to worry about the day of the month or anything like that.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely flexible on the purchase date, but completely inflexible on the redeeming mechanism. If you do nothing else, log in every day and collect your dilithium. After all, credits, merits, honor - just digital flotsam, so if you miss out, there will always be more. But monthly card dilithium represents real money - yeah, only 13 cents/day, but you'll still kick yourself if you miss a day of it. (Yes, OK, it's really 14 cents with tax, plus I don't know if he's even buying in USD, etc etc...)
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I've spent $ on 1 pack, 1 crew expansion, 1 shuttle and a couple of dilithium deals but I think this is where it needs to go next
    If you are still at this stage and ready to spend money - both steam offers and second (fourth) shuttle are your way to go. You get more out of that in this stage than from three monthly cards. It's essentially 10x10 + more than monthly card worth of dil for price of 10x10 + monthly card and it includes all other stuff like enough VIP to get 35 crew slots from it.

Honestly it should've been done instead of "1pack + couple of dil deals", but oh, well...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth it. Definitely.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    Twice? I’d like it to be purchasable 10 times simultaneously.

Yep. I'd definitely spend $40 a month rather than $4 a month if it meant getting 1,000 dilithium a day instead of 100.
  • Options
    As a cautionary note, getting that 4th shuttle early on can be a waste. I got it pretty quickly and didn't have enough crew leveled to fill the seats.
  • Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    I definitely think it's a good deal. Lets you accumulate enough dilithium over the course of a week to buy that week's event pack, if nothing else.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    As a cautionary note, getting that 4th shuttle early on can be a waste. I got it pretty quickly and didn't have enough crew leveled to fill the seats.
    Early on failed shuttle = trainers. And early on even blue trainer is precious, even more purples and golds - to degree that spending honor on them is not bad idea. Also failed shuttles lets you keep in lower tier rewards longer and on main farming shuttles it usually mean getting more rewards long-term that you'll find very useful - like basic holoprograms and basic films.
  • Options
    absolutely worth it. i would buy 3 monthly cards at once if i could (DB take note).
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    it is worth it if you buy it on 4/28 it will last 30 days then you buy the next one and for 3.99 worth every penny only fall back is that you can only buy one
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Its worth it, and if you enjoy playing the game, I believe it is an adequate way to thank the developers with a small token of cash.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s helpful to have a little laying around if you miss recalling your voyage too. Sometimes I don’t do it if the rewards are lame, but today I had one super rare drop and decided to extend it. Now I’ve got my third star for Combat Medic Paris and second for Commander T’Pol. Plus a little honor and 470 chrons.0aypimwfzviq.png