Home Ready Room
Options

Who to make as my next project? The leveling process.

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ready Room
I think I have narrowed my priorities down to about 11:
Commander Sela Level 8 (4/4) - this is currently the only FF character I have left I can immortalise (and then cryo)
Duelist Barclay level 80 (2/3) - being a blue card he is relatively easy to level up and I am close to a Daystrom collection bonus.
David Marcus level 90 (3/4) - again for the daystrom collection bonus this would be good to get done and out of the way.
Tuskegee Mayweather 70 (3/4) - with Niners Rom in cryo I probably should aim to level up Mayweather soon and it may lead to cryo Drone Seven to free up space.
First Goran Agar level 90 (2/4) - hedging my bets on this one, he was quite easy for me to level this far, DS9 event is coming up and he has high CMD base that might find use on shuttles.
Commander Kira Level 80 (1/5) - similar reasons as First Goran Agar
Cardassian Kira level 60 (3/4) - same
Niners Kira level 60 (2/4) - same
RAF Bashir level 80 (3/4) - well he's augment, DS9 main cast and 3/4 plus has reasonable base stats for shuttles.

The last 2 are most probably lower priority:
Kazon Seska level 50 (3/4)
Rhianna Mayweather level 60 (3/4)

So who would you prioritise?

EDIT I knew there would be another one Bashir, Julian Bashir Level 60 1/5
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prioritize Sela (her stats are rubbish but at least she can be vaulted) and Commander Kira as shes a pretty decent 5* (and easy on the eye).

RAF Bashir is useful as MED crew so I would put him down as third.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I agree that Sela should be first just because she the only FF on this list. Also, she has the Romulan trait which, for collections, is rare. If you don't need her, freeze her. After that, I'd first level Commander Kira because she's got great stats for voyages and shuttles, then Tuskegee Mayweather for his engineering stats, and Kazon Seska I think should be higher on the priority list.

However, this is just general advice. Depending on the stats that you are low on in your crew should determine who you level. Also, eventually you'll get extra copies of all of these crew to FF them and that will push them higher on the priority list as well.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    yeah I guess I should bite the bullet and stop procrastinating on Sela, thanks for your suggestions.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ... get Sela up and frozen ... then get Duelist Barclay to 100, he'll come up in Voyages or portal pulls for sure and the second he does freeze him.

After that ... the next Mega-event is still a bit off to full on go for DS9/Augment crew ... a 5* is a nice project to work alongside what you're currently doing (e.g. I'm levelling up Age of Sail Riker together with Edith Keeler and Laas) ... but I'd kinda play it by event notice, on Friday we'll get notice of the next weekend's event so then you can maybe focus and prioritise a bit more.
    Also, don't forget any new crew coming in from this weekend's event (Rule 125).

So:
    1. Sela,
    2. Barclay,
    3. Commander Kira,
    4. Ishka (I'm assuming she'll be Threshold ... or this weekend's threshold reward if you do not have them),
    5. Bonus crew for the weekend after,
    6. if no one ... any 3/4 starting with Tuskegee Mayweather.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine you've seen it by now, but Duelist Barclay is a daily log-in award this month, so you'll have him FF on Thursday. Finish and freeze. And I concur with everyone else - Sela is begging you to send her to the vault. After that, I'd focus on your DS9/Augment crowd since you know they'll have value soon.
  • Options
    I imagine you've seen it by now, but Duelist Barclay is a daily log-in award this month, so you'll have him FF on Thursday. Finish and freeze. And I concur with everyone else - Sela is begging you to send her to the vault. After that, I'd focus on your DS9/Augment crowd since you know they'll have value soon.

I have it made up for losing Bridge officer Troi from the rewards. Sela is up to 100 just need a few more items but ugh man those green imperial icons i just need about 5 of those to finish her off. so now I am on to Barclay except ugh ancient film lol.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would finish off Commander Kira Nerys, because even at 1/5, her CMD base is almeowst a thousand.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Super Rare crew, I prioritize based on how many Stars they have:

- 4/4 are completed quickly, so that they are available to be frozen
    - 3/4 ideally get to at least Level 90 (i.e., so that I have visibility of what their final 4 items are) prior to being lucky and acquiring their last Star; if there is no other pressing priority, I will FE these
    - 2/4 are worked on slowly, depending on what equipment they require; these are good to leave items unbuilt to attract item drops from Dabo and the Gauntlet; I will also use these to leave available certain Basic items for the Replicator (e.g., 0* Medical Experiment)
    - 1/4 are left at Level 1

Interspersed amongst the above, on the relatively rare occasions when I do get a new Legendary crew member, I will generally try to get them FE sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Sigh is it normal to run 12 shuttle missions and still not get a single green imperial Icon?
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh is it normal to run 12 shuttle missions and still not get a single green imperial Icon?

Assuming you are referring to the 2* Star Empire Icon, in the future you may want to consider farming it on Tuesdays and Sundays from Cadet Challenges (Mission UF-M2). I realize the timing for this is not ideal for you now, with it being Wednesday today.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, yes. I thought I would walk away from last month's mega-event with a nice stockpile, but alas, no.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    UPDATE:
    Cmr Kira - DONE
    Sela - DONE
    Duelist Barclay - DONE
    Ishka - DONE
    Vic Fontaine (2/4) - DONE (really hoping to get final stars)

To Do List:
    Tuskagee Mayweather (3/4) 100, 2 Items left
    David Marcus (3/4) 100, 3 Items left
    RAF Bashir unchanged (3/4) 80
    Cardassian Kira (3/4) 70
    Niners Kira (2/4) 60
    First Goran Agar (2/4) 90

Other Possible Projects Gerodi's and Musicians
    TBH as I have Vic, Mirror Geordi, Talos IV Spock I don't think I am going to get a lot of mileage out of these options, and will probably be a chroniton waste in a way. CMD seems to be the only improvement I can probably make for the galaxy event.

Age of Sail La Forge (2/4) 40 probably a better option to cover CMD builds

Mariachi Q (1/5) 90 - DIP is covered with Vic - SEC might be a slight improvement.
    Miror Uhura (1/4) 90 - Unlikely to change much
    Jazz Odo (1/5) 60 - Similar to Q, SEC might be a slight improvement
    Cmd Hologram (1/4) 60 - May help on CMD builds
    Ambassador Spock (2/4) 30 - had my fill of Romulan/Vulcan for now, and Mirror Geordi or Vic will probably be better options.
    Commander Uhura 1/4 level 20 - Might add to CMD but level is too low probably
    Rogue Harry Kim 1/4 level 8 - doesnt add much and too low
    Apollo 1/4 level 8 - Again probably have better CMD options and Med is covered by Vic
    Holonovel Doctor 1/4 level 1 - Covered by Vic or Geordi.

Any thoughts on this

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Sail La Forge, Odo and Q are useful outside of event (well, La Forge need another star or two).

There are also skill pairs, so I wouldn't discard Holonovel Doctor with his Sci/Med... He's easy to level too.
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »
    Sail La Forge, Odo and Q are useful outside of event (well, La Forge need another star or two).

There are also skill pairs, so I wouldn't discard Holonovel Doctor with his Sci/Med... He's easy to level too.

Thanks al103, yes if I can help it I don't intend on air-locking anyone of these if I can help it. I think Q is a good one to do as he is one of the closest to being FE out of my Legendaries on the to do list.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »

Thanks al103, yes if I can help it I don't intend on air-locking anyone of these if I can help it. I think Q is a good one to do as he is one of the closest to being FE out of my Legendaries on the to do list.
    I mean discard from priority leveling, not airlock.
  • Options
    As assimilated Troi will likely be finished today, I am now up to date on bonus crew so wondering who the next project should be, here is a summary of my legendary crew:

oyq7x945wzfm.png

and here is currently my 4/4 list, i'm not pushed for slots but it might be tempting still just to clear the decks a bit more:

go5juojar8bl.png

I get the feeling Saru would be a prudent purple to work on, whilst the main legendaries probably to work on are Musky La Forge, Chekov (might be useful for a voyage or two?), Z'T Odo (as he is the best variant of Odo and a Dax), Kira or Will Scarlet (to improve Security in Gauntlet)

So does anyone have any suggestions who first.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I've predicted that next week's event will be a re-run of Endgame ... so, I'd level Cadet Wesley Crusher who might be helpful, even though it is a Galaxy event ... we'll know in a couple of hours though. :)

Other than that ...

- I have Z. Odo at 1/5 FE and he gets a lot of work done through DIP seats on shuttles. But what is really handy is that he frees up my top DIP crew for Voyages.

- Will Scarlett is not worth it for Gauntlet, Aviator Yar is almost at the same SEC level, and has 3 skills. Romulan Kirk (4*) is another option to use there. I have Will 2/5 and never use him for anything other than Worf events, he has my second best SEC proficiency, behind Augment Commander O'Brien (who at 1/5 has a way better base and so is sometimes used).

- My 1/5 Dancing Chekov does see the odd Voyage, so there's an option. Especially during crew heavy Faction events, where Chekov is fine 2nd tier crew for voyages.

Personally, I'd just work my way down the list with one 4/4 and one 1/5 at the same time, working on crew I liked (Mirror Mayweather, Saru, Bateson, Katrine) and then add in the odd event related that you've not levelled.

EDIT: --> All effort on Z. Odo (due to next event), not a bad option either way.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    RaraRacing wrote: »

EDIT: --> All effort on Z. Odo (due to next event), not a bad option either way.

Thanks as ever RaraRacing.

I posted this on the events thread but probably should have asked it here:

So Waitress Ezri has me in a bit of a quandary, a *5 bonus would put her MED skill between Cornwell and Bashir at 1/4 FE. However if traits match would that also increase the success % chance - how is it actually calculated?
    Of course if the Med and Dip feature as a build then Waitress Ezri might well be useful even at 1/4.

So do you think she is she worth levelling, on the plus side I do already have her at Level 80?

And actually on further thinking I do have Sniper Ezri Dax immortalised this might be the rare occurrence that a blue is actually useful for an event.

Do you think Waitress Ezri is worth leveling I am in two minds I will have to level Incognito Kirk or 1701 Dax (not sure which one will be the reward presuming it's Kirk) from scratch so that I need to take in to consideration, I also haven't yet decided whether to go for L'Rell or not. On the plus side she would make the occasional gauntlet as well I suppose.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think Waitress Ezri is worth leveling I am in two minds I will have to level Incognito Kirk or 1701 Dax (not sure which one will be the reward presuming it's Kirk) from scratch so that I need to take in to consideration, I also haven't yet decided whether to go for L'Rell or not. On the plus side she would make the occasional gauntlet as well I suppose.

It might be worth focusing first on Incognito? The new Super Rares have had very good skill scores; 1701's bases and voyage totals are not great. Incognito seems like he would be more likely to be immediately useful outside of the event. It is also probably safe to assume that Incognito will have some CMD, so if you don't have Braxton that would be important.

If you can do both then I would say 1701 next since she will have high bonus.
    1701 then gives you his secondary ENG skill as well as her SCI.

Then I would say which small bonus crew do you have available that might provide DIP or SEC. It might be safe to assume that MED won't be a crit bonus since very few possible bonus crew have it. But going past 1701 might not be worth it if it consumes chrons needed for the event. Starting from scratch it looks like Waitress Ezri would take 6509 chrons, probably most at her higher levels, which is alot to take away from the event for a small chance of a slightly better crit bonus.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    PS - it looks like Waitress Ezri also eats Clothing Patterns (0) and Databases (0), as well as a few other very common Galaxy items. Personally I wouldn't focus on her except as an excuse to get her immortalized and frozen :smile:
  • Options
    You'll get both Kirk and Dax through community rewards in Phase 1 ... and depending on how dedicated you are in the beginning, you might even get them in through community reward before you get the threshold 4*. :)

- 1701 Dax has a 569 base SCI (for me 643 with starbase/collection bonuses) so that is actually not bad for a 1/4. Might be worth levelling during the event, especially if you don't have many of the associated event crew.

- Waitress Ezri ... I don't know, it really is trait dependent there ... I have her 3/4 FE, but don't expect to use her much ... for DIP I have other crew that are better (Z. Odo comes to mind!) and will her MED be better than non-event crew? Uncertain.
    Her lvl 80-100 items are not that difficult ... also knowing that you don't have to equip the lvl 99 item really (adds SEC base and MED roll) or her lvl 90 disguise (DIP roll) might help. So just getting her to 100 should be a breeze.
    I've never used her in the Gauntlet, so can't tell you how good she is there ... just roll out the standard 5 every 2 days (not really a Gauntlet aficionado) ... never look at bonuses.

- I'm not sure how percentages are calculated, but I always double the base score for associated event crew and triple those of specific event crew to see where they fall within my total crew. I know Factions work like this, but Galaxy I'm not sure.
    So 1701 Dax would be 1929 SCI for me ... normally only 5* Surak has a better base than that ... but I have other event-crew that have good SCI scores too (Princess 997*2, Honey Bare 898*2, K'mtar 876*2 ...) that might get trait bonuses.

- L'Rell worth it? ... I'd like to hope so, a Klingon and a Discovery character ... that has to be of use sometime no? We'll see later today what the stats are ... personally, I'm going to see if I can got top 1500 ... I'm not too worried about getting a 1/5 in that I might not use much.
    If I look at your 5* list I'm jealous, so much more/better crew than I have at my disposal. :) I guess you don't need another 1/5 hanging around. :)
  • Options
    I guess I am at a stage where I am starting to stockpile chrons in the thousands not the outrageous amounts I see from some still sub 10k. But I could easily see them frittered away in a galaxy and I suspect Event 1 of the mega might be a faction/hybrid. Last mega I burnt a little bit too much beforehand and didn't have much reserves. I didn't realise I had so many holograms unlevelled. Another part of me is conscientious of the increasing number of 1/5s so another little bottleneck to be mindful of. Not to mention choosing who next to cite now that I have finished the Caretaker last week (save next mega legendary maybe). Ok I did win Braxton and he is ranked number 1 so yes he'll be next.

I wouldn't mind L'Rell as I do seem to have a good stash of Klingon Items, I was able to FE Civil war Worf at virtually no chroniton consumption during the Skirmish event.

I have to say I am happy with the crew I have so far acquired. There was a time when I was complaining that I didn't have good SEC then Durango Troi and Rura Penthe Kirk fell in my lap in consecutive weeks and then I won High Roller Sisko.

In short I think this means hang tight on leveling Waitress Dax, unless I can rep/adwarp her up at no detriment.
  • Options
    PS - it looks like Waitress Ezri also eats Clothing Patterns (0) and Databases (0), as well as a few other very common Galaxy items. Personally I wouldn't focus on her except as an excuse to get her immortalized and frozen :smile:

Ironagedave said he has her at lvl 80 ... so needs a grand total of:

- 6 0* Databases - all used in a 4* Diplomatic Protocol ... an item I sometimes replicate completely due to irritating components (Holoprograms), or at least the 3* Champagne needed (would still require 6 Databases). (15 chronitons worth).

- 8 0* Clothing Patterns (20 chronitons).

If he does not equip her lvl 90 and 99 item (not really needed for Galaxy benefit). The items are fairly straight forward (except for the 4* Tequila) so if there is nothing else to do prior to the event ...
  • Options
    oh yes and NB I did finish Odo during the Skirmish or shortly thereafter.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Ironagedave said he has her at lvl 80 ... so needs a grand total of:

- 6 0* Databases - all used in a 4* Diplomatic Protocol ... an item I sometimes replicate completely due to irritating components (Holoprograms), or at least the 3* Champagne needed (would still require 6 Databases). (15 chronitons worth).

- 8 0* Clothing Patterns (20 chronitons).

If he does not equip her lvl 90 and 99 item (not really needed for Galaxy benefit). The items are fairly straight forward (except for the 4* Tequila) so if there is nothing else to do prior to the event ...

Ahh, good catch. Ignore previous comment then :smile: Glad I'm not the only one who settles for synthaol champagne, too!
  • Options
    A few months on and I have a slightly newer question which terrible purple do I work on next, Currently the main focus is Keeler and T'Rul, second string is likely to be Miral Torres and Cyrus Redblock. Then I really am scratching the barrel and considering Mark II crew instead...

Thoughts always welcome.

fwwqdjeyea5c.jpg

• Options
    I find that looking ahead too far with regards to levelling 4*s is not really worth it ...

- who knows who'll be event crew next week?
    - maybe a voyage/portal pull will bring you a lucky last star (e.g. Karr).

Just stick with your initial plan and then work down the list by fuse level (e.g. 3/4s first, whether in portal or not), whilst playing into potential event crew opportunities.

On a side note ... I plan to use my 4* campaign citation for my 1/4 Fierce Guinan (already FE) because there's no way I hit that dilemma ever (never have) ... so, there's an option.
    She's pretty useless in all respects, but as an eternal 1/4 on your crew even more so. All other crew you've get through portal pulls or voyages eventually.
    Food for thought.
  • Options
    Given where you are, you have a couple of options:

1. Just start leveling the 3/4 and 2/4 crew you have in anticipation of getting stars to save yourself effort later. They're all about the same, they're all terrible, just pick one and go. Go alphabetically or some other arbitrary criteria if you want to save yourself some time thinking.
    2. De-prioritize leveling crew in general. You're well past the point that any of your remaining crew are going to really help you from a gameplay standpoint, so if you have space to leave them until they get more stars, you can do just that, and stockpile resources in the meantime so that if one of them suddenly becomes an event feature or you FF them, you can power level them with a quickness.