Home Ready Room
Options

Voyages hate me.

ChangChang ✭✭✭
12 hours and no super rare crew.

Comments

• Options
    P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    Pretty sure voyages hate us all some days! skill sets might suit you better another day, and your crew gets better a little bit every day. I find purples blow hot and cold from voyage, one day i get a few, other times it can be days until i even see a super rare. You'll get there.
  • Options
    Felling the same - just finished a frustrating voyage. 9:45 and no 4* or 3*. Only 3x 2*
    Wish they would roll back the nerf some. I don't extend nearly as often as I used to, so at least I am saving $ on dil.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some days it's nothing, some days are like the one I had last week - garbage at 6hrs, but four 4* crew at 7:15 when I recalled. Each of the main reward elements does this - some voyages are chron-heavy, some aren't. Some drop trainers like leaves in October. Some drop double-credits constantly. I read a theory that each voyage starts off with a "seed" that essentially shifts the drop rate among various things. On the assumption that this is true, I avoid extending any voyage that is trainer or ration-heavy, but I'm more inclined to extend when chrons & crew are dropping.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I can echo experiencing the fluctuating streaky nature of Super Rare drops from Voyages. Like everyone, I have seen dry spells, but then out of the blue a Voyage will come along where multiple Super Rare characters drop inside of 7 hours.
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    16 hours no four star but I did manage 5 two star.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New voyage personal record without using Dilithium refills, and only one purple and one blue. Not really exciting either, but at least it's a new record for me. :)

However, 718 chronitons are a highlight never the less, and that with only one high-end and one medium dilemma (where the purple and blue crew came from).

10 hours and 52 minutes ... coolies! I took the screenshot 10 seconds before the death hazard and recalled immediately after taking the screenshot.

90zm9e03hd4n.png

Wow, that's impressive. And slightly surprising, considering MED is relatively low.

But getting primary and secondary both over 12k is beyond my capabilities right now... closest I've come is 13k+ for primary and about 9k for secondary, though my other skills weren't any higher than around 4k.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    BigstupidgrinBigstupidgrin ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yeah it's really random. My observer bias tells me 6 hour voyages seem to pay off better than 8 hour ones (not quite good enough for consistent 8 hour voyages).

If they were more consistent I'd say voyages might be the best place to spend dilithium. (unless you need honor)
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yeah it's really random. My observer bias tells me 6 hour voyages seem to pay off better than 8 hour ones (not quite good enough for consistent 8 hour voyages).

If they were more consistent I'd say voyages might be the best place to spend dilithium. (unless you need honor)

The problem with extending a voyage is that also means it is longer til you can start another. A 6 hr voyage takes about 8.5 hrs round trip and an 8 he takes a bit over 11. You can run about 4 6 hour voyages in the same time as 3 8 hour voyages,

So, the question to answer is: "is it worth ~300 dil to get 2 extra hours out of 3 voyages instead of 0 dil and getting an extra 6 hr voyage."
  • Options
    The problem with extending a voyage is that also means it is longer til you can start another. A 6 hr voyage takes about 8.5 hrs round trip and an 8 he takes a bit over 11. You can run about 4 6 hour voyages in the same time as 3 8 hour voyages,

So, the question to answer is: "is it worth ~300 dil to get 2 extra hours out of 3 voyages instead of 0 dil and getting an extra 6 hr voyage."

I agree wholeheartedly. If there were some sort of guarantee to receive just about ANYTHING (4* crew, a certain number of chronitons, even a certain number of hard to acquire items), then it may be worth it to extend. However, as it is now, anything over the first run of antimatter (which for most of us translates into about 7 hours average) is almost a waste of time and dilithium.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    New voyage personal record without using Dilithium refills, and only one purple and one blue. Not really exciting either, but at least it's a new record for me. :)

However, 718 chronitons are a highlight never the less, and that with only one high-end and one medium dilemma (where the purple and blue crew came from).

10 hours and 52 minutes ... coolies! I took the screenshot 10 seconds before the death hazard and recalled immediately after taking the screenshot.

90zm9e03hd4n.png

Wow, that's impressive. And slightly surprising, considering MED is relatively low.

But getting primary and secondary both over 12k is beyond my capabilities right now... closest I've come is 13k+ for primary and about 9k for secondary, though my other skills weren't any higher than around 4k.

Thank you Data! :) But besides the chronitons, the rewards were disappointing for an almost 11 hour voyage.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    How do you get 10 hours of Voyages?

Also, how do you get more dilithium if you run out of them?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    @captain spirk - you let your AM deplete completely and then use dilithium to extend your voyage
    Earning dilithium is tough, immortalising crew and some collection bonuses will give you some. But really a monthly card will ensure you can do it on a more regular basis.

My recent voyage also hated me - that moment you actually get a SR dilemma come up and it decides to give you 5 gold rep rations instead. SMH
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    How do you get 10 hours of Voyages?
    12.5k in both main skills and 20k combined in four others. + something like 2800 AM. All three can vary a bit depending on luck and compensation from other components.

10k, 10k, combined 12-15k, 2700 is about right for 8h ones.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, 718 chronitons are a highlight never the less,
    BrookLYYYYN (or Queens...)

But congrats! Gives hope to we dilithium poor folk for future Voyages success!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    I complete 6 10 hour voyages and got no purples. The nerf they did is ridiculous. I won’t be extending anymore. They lose money not us
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it seems the best chance for super rares is between 7.5 hrs and 8.5 hrs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    To me it seems the best chance for super rares is between 7.5 hrs and 8.5 hrs.

Can't disagree with that one.
  • Options
    On recent update my whole fleet is feeling the nerf on voyages. Can’t wait for the next update! :p