Home The Bridge

The DIP-MED combo - will Moogie fall victim?

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
I know this has been said, but after the last few months of DIP-MED characters, all of my best diplomats have medical as a secondary skill. Most recently with Mintakan Troi last week.

I've got this feeling in the pit of my stomach that Moogie (Profitable Ishka) will have Diplomacy as her primary. Seeing as she's a caregiver, I can imagine DB giving her Medical as a secondary. Can't really picture her with any of the others. Command maybe, but its a stretch. She'd be similar to Pel if that were the case.

What do you think?

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moogie was profitable because of her command of economics/finance/business, not because she knew how to sweet talk. She wasn't out schmoozing, she was behind the scenes manipulating everything to turn a profit. I think she should be COM-DIP.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a stretch, but maybe SCI for the science of economics?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moogie is an innovator in the field of Ferengi Social Sciences (a previously dormant subject). She should have SCI and the Innovator trait. She is the Ferengi Surak.

A healthy amount of DIP is likely leaving skill #3 to be determined. A Caregiver could be assumed to have some MED but let's face it, she's Quark's mom. CMD stat all the way.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED is also used to indicate someone is good at.... intimate relations. Take Tourist Quark. No reason to have MED but he did get entertained by some great Risan ladies. Or Anij and Picard.

I'm expecting dip/cmd though there could be MED thrown in there too for her best pal Zek.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    dip/cmd, *yawn*
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I realize now, if she doesn't have MED, our only other bonus MED for this event is Tourist Quark.

So I guess I change my vote?
  • Actually I realize now, if she doesn't have MED, our only other bonus MED for this event is Tourist Quark.

So I guess I change my vote?

I agree with the consensus of DIP/CMD, with possibly (hopefully) a meaningful MED tertiary skill.
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Moogie is a strong and versatile character, deserves 3 skills. CMD/DIP or DIP/CMD + ENG, SCI or MED. Remember she's profitable because she's a wizard with numbers and working the system, and is a healing force for relationships and caregiver. If Zek can have SEC (love him, but why does he have SEC?), Moogie definitely qualifies for ENG, SCI or MED tertiary.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's already in the vault. She's depressingly DIP/CMD.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

How do you get this info? I'm looking at her right now and all I see is a shadow and a message saying I haven't recruited her yet.
    robownage wrote: »

How do you get this info? I'm looking at her right now and all I see is a shadow and a message saying I haven't recruited her yet.

I think Ivanstone is confusing Pel with Ishka.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

One by one, filter by skill, then scroll and look for the silhouette.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. Ignoring 1*/2* crew, 10/12 existing Ferengi have a Cmd-Dip pairing, 5/12 are Cmd-Dip only; Niners Rom & Dr Reyga are the only exceptions. We need more skill diversity!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. Ignoring 1*/2* crew, 10/12 existing Ferengi have a Cmd-Dip pairing, 5/12 are Cmd-Dip only; Niners Rom & Dr Reyga are the only exceptions. We need more skill diversity!

It's more the souce material's fault than anything. I can't really think of many characters that would make sense to have those skills. And when they've tried to get creative (Tourist Quark with MED), then people complain that it doesn't make sense. So short of new versions of Rom or Reyga or Nog, I don't expect to see a lot of diversity for our Ferengi cards going forward.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    She would only be the second Furrengi with medical and also science. Reyga and Tourist Quark are the only exotics so far.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Ensign/Lt Nog would be a great opportunity to add some engineering to the game as a 4 star. Not proficency, but base
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ensign/Lt Nog would be a great opportunity to add some engineering to the game as a 4 star. Not proficency, but base

I would love to eventually see a three-star Ensign Nog and a four-star Lt. Nog, to complete the collection.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised Quark doesn't have any ENG. I'm re-watching DS9 and especially in the early seasons he's pretty resourceful in breaking into things.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

As Rom works for the Engineering department on the station he should have engineering in all of his versions
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »

I'm surprised Quark doesn't have any ENG. I'm re-watching DS9 and especially in the early seasons he's pretty resourceful in breaking into things.

I’m also re-watching DS9...I think his role in Sacrifice of Angels could have a crew version with COM/SEC/ENG:
    Jailbreak Quark - 4* or 5*
    fv8j8i5ppou3.jpeg
    Ferengi, Civilian, Scoundrel, Desperate, Resourceful, Gambler
    Grand Proxy Neelix has engineering as a secondary, but its junk. Still, diversity?