Home Engineering Room
Options

Steam Down?

V.V. ✭✭✭✭
After the latest update the game won't go anymore on steam. It either locks my computer or crashes. Doesn't seam to want to load the new update. Anyone else?
Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this still an issue today?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think the update failed on my computer. It never properly loaded. Then it stopped trying and the "play" button comes up but when I click it, it crashes and sends me the crash report.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you try to remove the game and install it again.
    I tried on my end this morning, the update applied correctly.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I removed it and installed it last night. Do you mean do it again today?

I did send the crash report to support also.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would try again today, yes. If Steam cloud is active you might need to delete the save there as well.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Hi. I just reinstalled again and no change. The progress bar for powering up warp core stays about halfway then the play button appears and when I hit it I get the crash and crash report.

The game plays on my free account on facebook on that computer and on steam on my old laptop (which is kind of impossible to play on due to its age).
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can verify no steam issues yesterday or today for me.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Steam cloud active, the issue might be a bad save :/
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is a steam cloud. How do I clear it?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be some help articles available on Steam, I do not have one on hand atm.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    V. wrote: »
    Yes there is a steam cloud. How do I clear it?

There's a little about it here, but I don't know if it'll be very helpful. Worth a shot, though. (:

https://ccm.net/faq/40661-steam-how-to-turn-off-cloud-synchronization

And more here...
    https://appuals.com/how-to-delete-steam-cloud-saves/
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any chance of getting some technical help on this? Support is not helpful at all.

I guess put it another way - when the next game update happens is there a chance it will fix my problem? Or can I never play on my computer ever again?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any chance of getting some technical help on this? Support is not helpful at all.

I guess put it another way - when the next game update happens is there a chance it will fix my problem? Or can I never play on my computer ever again?

There are limitations to the level of technical help Support can provide unfortunately.
    There are so many different set ups on computers etc

Were you able to delete Steam's save for the game?
    An future update might help but there is no guarantee, it is hard to tell. I am sorry :(
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I've been wary of deleting the save on steam in case it messes it up on my other computer as well and then I wouldn't be able to get on at all.

I guess I'll wait until the next update and see then try more advanced methods.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to update - after a VERY long steam download for 5.0 I'm back up and running!
    Problem solved.
  • Options
    turk911turk911 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Shan : Not sure this is an update related issue or not. but the steam update went thru this morning. Whenever I try to make a purchase via steam from the portal, I get the Hailing Starfleet spinning circle, and nothing else happens, end up having to kill the game and restart to do anything.

I have uninstalled the game already and re-installed. Also have steam cloud sync disabled.

rsdeowa3vr91.jpg
  • Options
    I updated but still cannot login to the game on Steam.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    The first time Steam tried to install the update... I got Timeline.exe crash/ has stopped working error message.... my second go at it worked but it took awhile to install.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to update - after a VERY long steam download for 5.0 I'm back up and running!
    Problem solved.

Woot! I am very happy to hear that :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you with loading issues, purchasing issues please contact Support for this.
    So far I have not heard of any widespread issues.