Home The Bridge

Is there a reason for the 1000 item limit?

I'm dangerously close to the 1000 item limit right now. I've got a ton of equipment from Dabo and other sources for crew that I don't have or for crew that I haven't leveled, yet. I've also got a bunch of equipment for crew I've already fully equipped, but I don't want to get rid of it because suppose a new version of that crew is introduced who uses it.

Is there a legitimate reason for having the 1000 item cap? Is it just something to keep the player database size limited or is it just an arbitrary decision?

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think all of us would like the answer to that.

Edit:
    If the limit must stay, then give us a way to dissamble items to the items needed to build it.
    Or improve the value in replicator fuel and give us some credits for using items in replicator. Especially, 5 and 4 star items.
  • I would so love to break down 3 and 4* items to get X2 lower tier components for every 1 I breakdown. Would solve those nasty 2* fur and polyalloy bottlenecks I am forced to 10 warp for.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    I think all of us would like the answer to that.

Edit:
    If the limit must stay, then give us a way to dissamble items to the items needed to build it.
    Or improve the value in replicator fuel and give us some credits for using items in replicator. Especially, 5 and 4 star items.

There is no value that they could put on them that would make them attractive as replicator fuel to me. I have so many replicator fuel from Voyages that I've been replicating notoriously difficult Legendary items left and right and I'm not in any danger of running out.
  • maybe they could come up with credit values for items, so they can be just sold off if people are sitting with a lot of spare items.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    DALE K wrote: »
    maybe they could come up with credit values for items, so they can be just sold off if people are sitting with a lot of spare items.

That's a great idea! You should be able to sell items to Quark. Of course, he won't give you a very good deal but it's better than nothing.