Home Ready Room
Options

To Nog or not to Nog

I just pulled Captain Nog from pack. I've already got a tonne of CDS, am a bit 'meh' about the character himself and have enough 1/5 stars to be annoying. Even though he's a bonus for the event this weekend his stats aren't great. Should I airlock him? Has anyone ever airlocked a 1/5 that they don't have?
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends how you are doing on the collection bonuses for Ferengi and Inspiring of course a 1/5 isn't going to help short term - but the rules of acquisition is a particularly tough one to max out with quite a few gold crew required. I was just reviewing that bonus yesterday and as I am 3 crew away from 10 and can't face a mediocre 3/4 crew again I've got another event I'm not really pushing for.

But I guess the biggest question is do you really just want to airlock something you have put money and effort in (I am assuming this was an event pack purchase).
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I have him FFFE, and until I built up my crew, he was used regularly, now only occasionally.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has a decent voyage score (he's 40th overall), but, you're right, he's nothing much to write home about. He isn't exactly main cast, so you won't see him in events too often. Jury is still out on how exactly the "DS9" mega event will go down. If he gets a bonus from the DS9 mega, then he might be worth it in your crew, but that's a gamble.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Question is - do you have chance of top1000 if you'll go all out on boosters and alarm clock? And are you ready to wake every 3 hours? If yes - while 2/5 is not that much better than 1/5 it's a good start.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Although I came close to doing it once a long time ago, I have personally never dismissed a 1/5* crew member. For me, this is because I do not get Legendary crew very often, and I just cannot bring myself to parting with one when I do. This being said, I understand that your situation seems to be different, as you are already finding it 'annoying' with how many 1/5* crew you have.

Ultimately you should do what makes you happy, and if you think it would make the game more enjoyable for you to purge some of the 1/5*'s from your crew quarters, then this is the right decision for you. But before taking this step - to help you avoid potential regret in the future - I would suggest you consider whether there might be a different approach you could take that would allow you to not feel annoyed, and at the same time keep your 1/5*'s. I do not know your overall crew situation, but perhaps putting some 2/2*, 3/3*, or 4/4* crew into your Cryostasis Vault might be helpful?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dismissed 23rd Century Martok months ago. Have never regretted it. Am considering dismissing Dr. Soong. Doubt I would regret that, either.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I dismissed Bashir, Julian Bashir a while back when I felt like I had no other options for crew space. I doubt I would do that now, but I have to say I haven't missed him.
  • Options
    Hmmm... Thanks for the differing opinions. I'll leave him and won't make a massive effort to level him up. I might be subject to a minor miracle and get another star for him one day.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no shame or regret in dismissing 5* crew. I do it frequently. I match them against the crew I already have. If they would be no improvement or not much improvement to what I have when they are immortalized, and I wasn’t a fan of theirs from the show, out they go.
  • Options
    I don't have the resources to citate 1/5* crew to FF, and most 4/4* freebees from events are better than 1/5*, so airlocking 5* crew is my habit also.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I airlocked my 3rd and 4th event-earned legendary crew (Assim La Forge, Klingon Janeway). Didn't have the space, didn't like the artwork, and a few other rationalizations. I regret both of those decisions to this day, but mainly because they are useful cards. If the card isn't useful to you (and there are many factors that go into making that evaluation), then the only reason to keep it is because you like the character. If you don't... 550 honor is yours for the claiming, and you are 1% closer to putting a citation on someone you do care about.
  • Options
    I binned him! And haven't looked back.

Thanks for your help