Home The Bridge

Gauntlet rewards - equippable items not equippable anymore?

In the past, I have received the occasional 5* item one of my crew needed from Gauntlet Crates. At one occasion even two identical items within one set of Crates after the round had ended. This seemed to be triggered by having crew in need of a 5* item in my active roster that had not equipped said item yet.

Today, I received 4 Crates, two of which contained 5* items: One Treaty of Bajor and one Spock's Fedora. A quick search of the Wiki provided that the following crew needs the former item:

Changeling Founder (L.99)
Dominion Dukat (L.96)
Rogue Kai Winn (L.83)
Vedek Bareil Antos (L.83)

The Fedora obviously belongs to Gangster Spock. I currently have neither of these cards and with the exception of Bareil (who I airlocked ages ago) haven't even as much as seen them, ever. Have I just been lucky so far and the Gauntlet usually throws around equipment you don't need at all? Or have there been changes to the reward structure?

5id3ktc2vagy.png
a0pmrsimyc1b.png

Comments

• HomeboyHomeboy ✭✭
    Unless you have 5* items slot open (ready to equip) u can get random items for any character. Same goes for 1 - 4* slots as well.
  • RabbRabb ✭✭
    A few weeks ago I got 1701 Jadzia's 5* classic tricorder from the gauntlet, crew I had immortalized ages before. I may have had no 5* waiting, but i'd be surprised if that was the case.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you have items open you might still get random junk you don't need. If it's a card I don't have yet I keep it, otherwise it goes in the replicator.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same issue with dabo. DB's algorithm works when you have a lot of open equipment slots. Once you start having mostly FE crew it falls back on random items.