Home The Bridge

Upgrades Activated Offer

Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
For once there is a deal that isn't a horrible deal. $5 for 10 premium boost packs. That 100 blue or better boosts so a nice way to get a bunch more time boosts. A $5 dilithium purchase would only be enough to buy 1 of the 10 packs.

Of course, I would have much preferred 50 of the Standard Boost packs for $5 which would be the same dilithium cost (250 for 1 premium boost pack or 250 for 5 standard boost packs)

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Not a bad deal at all. This is just the best so far. All have been good drops:

fhntxmc11ri4.png

Last Spin:

66jyt0fb71f8.png

Most had at least one 4* and one 5*
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Sorry @Althea Biermont, but I would rather spend the $5 on dil and buy additional cadet tickets to pay for additional shuttle boost packs.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @Althea Biermont, but I would rather spend the $5 on dil and buy additional cadet tickets to pay for additional shuttle boost packs.

While I see your point, these packs are the 10x premium ones and not the ones that cadets give (cadets either give 10x basic or a 3 pull premium) so the boost packs here are better
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sorry @Althea Biermont, but I would rather spend the $5 on dil and buy additional cadet tickets to pay for additional shuttle boost packs.

I agree you buy 3 xtra sets and get 18 x10 standard boosts.
    That means you gain more total 3* boosts. At the expense of 13 4 star or better boosts.
    At the rate I use 3 star boosts would rather have the 18 x10 standard boosts.

I suppose though the argument would be you can do both. $10 for 20 x10 premium boosts.
    And spend 500 dil. for 18 x10 standard boosts through cadet tickets.

Edit: At the moment I would rather keep my money.
    Edit2: As Althea said if this would have been 50 x10 standard boosts, I would never had hesitated. If they had done this we would have gotten more of each type of boost. 25 legendaries compared to 22. 75 superrare compared to 44. And 900 rare as compared to 134,
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $5 in dil gets you 330 plus whatever vip bonus dil you get. In my case 125. You can buy 2 rounds of tickets at 150 dil each. The 3rd round is 200 dil (so you will be short) . So in my case I can only buy 12 total tickets. And if you run elite missions, you get 12 standard boosts. The offer today gives 10 Premium Boosts plus your bonus dil. I ran 12 extra tickets to start the day and got 11 3 star timer boosts. I bought the $5 deal and got 3 5 star time boosts, 4 4 star time boosts, and 5 3 star time boosts. So you can get 2 more tickets buying dil, but you get better time boosts with the deal. Plus if you want to get more boosts, you can only buy tickets 2 more times before it becomes more expensive. So taking advantage of the $5 offer today twice, is the way to go.

I do not work for DB buy I personally bought 3 rounds of cadet tickets with extra dil and I bought the shuttle offer twice.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If this offer was going to save me the dil. I already spent, it would have had to be posted yesterday. I have to get my boosts from cadet tickets during the night. I cannot wait. I want to have them when the event starts.

Edit: I am not impressed with premium boosts. To me they are barely worth more than standard boosts. I would rather have more boosts than have a better chance at superrare and legendary boosts.

I have made this comment in the past premium boosts should always give superrare with a chance to get legendary.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The offer could still benefit you in 2-3 weeks @Waldomag, even if the resources were spent for this particular event. A hundredish extra dilithium (VIP dependant) and some boosts for next time. I totally appreciate having an odd schedule, but the offer need not be passed over if it can help the next time around save that dilithium/cadet tix.
  • Yateball wrote: »

While I see your point, these packs are the 10x premium ones and not the ones that cadets give (cadets either give 10x basic or a 3 pull premium) so the boost packs here are better

While the individual packs are better, I think you get more value from the standard 10x via cadet tickets.

Let's consider what else we can get for the $10 of buying both packs. One option is 700 dil from the store. I'm going to ignore all bonus dil for this analysis as you'll receive the same amount from either purchase and therefore it doesn't affect the comparison.

20 premium boost packs = 200 pulls (assumed to be independent). Using the .67, .22, & .11 odds shown in game of 3/4/5* boosts, we can expect a total of 134/44/22 boosts of 3/4/5* rarity.

Alternately, one can buy 6 cadet tickets for 150 dil. One can purchase at this rate twice a week, so it would take ~3 weeks to convert all 700 dil into tickets at the best rate. This works out to 25dil per ticket. Even though one cannot convert the last 50 dil into 4 tickets, I'll pro-rate it for the purposes of the comparison. This gives us a grand total of 28 standard boost packs = 280 pulls. Using the .9, .075, & .025 odds shown in game, we can expect 252/21/7 boosts of 3/4/5* rarity.

So are 118 3* boosts better than 23 4* and 15 5*? To me that's an easy yes. The demand for 3* boosts to advance quickly to 4k VP missions is greater than ever with the reduced mission count. The 80 extra boosts will translate into 10 more time boosts, assuming an even distribution of boost types.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the Cadet Tickets yesterday, 300 Dil is better than the 650 event pack which I would likely just airlock in its entirety as I only needed Moogie..

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a good deal. It’s $5. 10 premium 10x boosts will give you much better useful boosts than the standard. Much better. I got more 5* time boosts out of buying this twice than I have in the past few months of running 30 elite cadet missions every Thursday.