Home The Bridge

Ok so what the Pon Farr is going on with 2* Gold Pressed Latinum?

FEwe2FEwe2 ✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
So I'm levelling up Moogie....
I need some 2* Gold Pressed Latinum...
I've completed 'Pillage and Plunder' on Epic so I can warp the supposedly highest probability mission to farm the right latinum...
Drop chance is five dots out of five!
23 warps later at 10 chron I have only found 1 x 2* Gold Pressed Latinum!

It's this &^&*% that is making me want to rage quit this game at times.

Manage expectations!

If this was a 1/5 dot mission I could deal with that! But it's 5/5!!! ... Five dots...five...... .... .. .. . ..five

Shuttles... Away missions.. Dabo.. What is going on with your RNG DB? Why not just tell us the real odds and let us play that version of the game?

That game sounds more fun :(

Comments

• izausomeizausome ✭✭✭
    That mission is actually the worst place to run.

Try pirate problems normal(CTM3), or surveying the sphere elite (e8m6)
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one of the worst missions to run
    pyqlaykdpcy1.png
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinx
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinx

Oh man! Now you’ve done it!
  • Dark MatterDark Matter ✭✭✭
    Pirate Problems is the best missions for this item. 2* latinum is not the problem. Don't trust anything DB says. These stars often mean literally nothing. I'm f2p and have my Ishka lvl 70 at the moment.
  • Gah, this kind of crap is Eve online's spreadsheet wars all over again. At least there I could run PHP apps and make them show in an in game browser to deal with this kind of thing, here I have to jump back to the phone desktop and open my browser.... :/
  • The dots are a lie. What icon do you see on the right of the mission? Is it a little white chest or a gold one? Post a screenshot or list the possible rewards when you pull up the info for that mission.
  • FEwe2FEwe2 ✭✭
    But why DB? Why?

Is George R.R.Martin your MD? Do you hate us that much?

Why not fix this? I can't be the only one fustrated?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    What icon do you see on the right of the mission? Is it a little white chest or a gold one?

Most likely this. 2* gold pressed latinum is a rare reward on Pillage and Plunder epic. There's a known issue where a mission with a collected rare reward will sometimes be presented as a standard reward. The icon, as KISD indicated, will clue you to this, but otherwise it will appear that's it's a standard drop. The pips will show 5 because that's how they report rare rewards.

A client restart should clear the issue ... until the next time.

EDIT: Relevant thread in Engineering

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4766/4-clothing-pattern
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    As Kirk Induced Self Destruction is pointing out, if the mission has the item your after in its one-time drop rewards, DB will show it with 5 pips even when it is only one. (I believe this is a bug that happens occasionally too)

There is a more infuriating thing than this. DB actually does show 5 pips for a mission that will not drop the item at all, just because it has it in its one-time rewards. the item is superrare clothing Pattern (thanks @Torias327
    It does not always show the incorrect mission but it is a bug that shows up occasionally.

Beware, if you see 5 pips on missions for ** and above. Always best to check wiki on item cost/unit. If doing ad Warp look at runs/unit. The lower the number the better.

Actually always good to check wiki unless you remember the wiki drop rates.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    esn2yx305drt.png
    0j2nyuh0tg95.png

It is the Super Rare clothing pattern.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just realized burning a Warp 10 on 4* casing only to find out evacuation orders does not give 4* casing. I almost checked it before running it the mission evacuation orders did not seem familiar. I did not bother looking at the pips if I had I would have realized it was another one of these.
    2n4qfrfd7hg0.png
    3aha9gzoaxfx.png
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Just realized burning a Warp 10 on 4* casing only to find out evacuation orders does not give 4* casing. I almost checked it before running it the mission evacuation orders did not seem familiar. I did not bother looking at the pips if I had I would have realized it was another one of these.
    2n4qfrfd7hg0.png
    3aha9gzoaxfx.png

Honestly, that looks like a bug. If you’ve gotten all of the rare rewards and unlocked a mission for warping, said mission shouldn’t still show up in the build screen. Although I have nothing that’s required 4* casings, I looked through my crew’s unbuilt recipes and didn’t find any components or equipment listed as rare rewards from fully-completed missions - just 0, 1, or 2 stars.

Example:
    yw0hv2h0fypl.png
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    It's a bug. You can turn in a ticket to request your chrons back. The same thing happened to me with 4* Clothing Pattern. If you see the reward chest with all 3 stars filled in, know that you already got the reward and move on to another mission (after checking the wiki of course.) :)
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    It's a bug. You can turn in a ticket to request your chrons back. The same thing happened to me with 4* Clothing Pattern. If you see the reward chest with all 3 stars filled in, know that you already got the reward and move on to another mission (after checking the wiki of course.) :)

I do the same thing. There is one of these rare reward mission pop ups for I think 3* Alcohol sometimes. And everytime I go to run some missions for 3* Alcohol and see it at the very top of the list with a 5 pip success rate, I get excited that yay finally DB changed this item to drop more successfully in a different mission, but before I click it, I then see "rare reward" and move on.

The first time it ever popped up like that I ran the mission a few times before realizing it said "rare reward" and the fact I could warp it of course meant I already got the rare reward so I filed a ticket and got back some chrons. But even though I notified DB that this mission was glitching and popping up, they still haven't removed the issue, because the mission still pops up quite often in my warpable mission list for 3* Alcohol. I don't know when they'll ever get around to fixing it, I filed that ticket probably near a year ago or longer.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I did not realize there was a problem with 3* alcohol.

Funny thing was I could not remember if 4* casing or 4* clothing Pattern had the bug that displayed a mission that only had it as the one-time reward and it turned out to be both of them have the bug. Again these missions that do not have the item as a regulars reward only occasionally are displayed. If you examine the pips ( which I did not) you will see 5 pips. If you see 5 pips make sure the item is not a rare reward (one-time drop only)

I got caught by the bug because I was watching tv while playing. But, I was close to examining before warping.

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I got six purrple casings in a Warp 10 on Hounded (Meownded). :) Butt that was pure (purr) luck. Yeah, sum missions are bugged and showing rare one-time rewards instead of regular ones.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't try to Replicate it..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't try to Replicate it..........

I mean, you can try all you want...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Finally got something that needs 4* casings and it is indeed a quite spectacular bug:

vcgm8cjy0prs.png
    2qgw1pplwgx8.png