Home Engineering Room
Options

MICROCONNECTOR 3* FALSE ODDS

I JUST SPENT ALMOST 400 CHRONS BELIEVING THE 5 STAR RATED ODDS SHOWN IN RIGHT OF CONQUEST (EPIC) AND FINALLY HAD TO GIVE UP. I THEN WENT AND CHECKED THE WIKI AND FOUND THAT THE ODDS ON THERE DO NOT SUGGEST THAT THOSE STATED 5 STAR RATING SHOULD BE STATED IN THE GAME AT ALL. DO YOU PEOPLE LOOK AT THIS STUFF AT ALL?

eo781jeya4wb.png

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, it's a known bug, and affects a number of items, with many posts having brought it up for a long time (and in fact there are several new threads created very recently). Basically, what often happens is, it will show a mission where the item in question was originally available as a rare reward (which has already been claimed by you) as the top mission and give that 5 yellow "pips".

You did the right thing by checking the wiki, but in lieu of that, the thing to keep an eye on is where it says "Reward Type: Rare Reward" — this means you should probably not trust that mission to drop the item in question. I say "probably" because occasionally a mission that had that item as a rare reward also drops it as a "Standard Reward"... but even in those cases, a lot of the time the drop rate is terrible.

I would suggest you submit a ticket to DB customer service and request they return the chronitons you spent on this. For whatever reason they have done nothing to fix this widespread issue, but that doesn't mean that if one gets trapped by it, they shouldn't get the resources they spent on fruitless (or mostly fruitless) missions returned to them.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DALE KDALE K ✭✭
    THANKS FOR THE INFO AND ADVICE. MUCH APPRECIATED