Home The Bridge

Rule 125 Fleet Leader Board (and Fleederboard changes)

Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
This week in Admiral Prince's Q&A, we finally got a long anticipated answer about the future addition of a fleet leader board. Drum roll please ....
Is there any plan for a Fleet leaderboard, Fleet rewards, or an event where Fleets compete against each other?
Is there a plan? Yes!
Has it been implemented? Not yet!
Will it need to be rolled out in stages and tested along the way? You bet it will!
Is it coming soon? Probably not.

I am quite disappointed in DB's response to add the Fleederboard that has been requested for half of a year now.

After making 96 Fleederboards over the last 6 months and getting the equivalent of a shrug from DB, I have decided that the time has come for me to reduce the free time I spend doing DB's job. So what does this mean for the future of our Fleederboard?

1) This means I will continue to host a Fleederboard thread each event as I've been doing.
2) I will also continue to encourage fleets to post their fleet rank every day of the event at event time as usual.
3) The change is that I will only be making one Fleet Leader Board per event that I will post after the event ends, comprised only of the final event fleet ranks.

I apologize in advance to the community for this change. I still believe in the Fleederboard and hope you will continue to show your support for it as well by posting each day like you've been doing.
The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ

Comments

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, no need to make you work and the community thanks you for making us realize how much we want a fleet leaderboard!
  • Stellar, this is the most logical approach to take under the circumstances. We appreciate your continued support of our community. #FreeStellar
  • [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    I agree that it is sad that DB did not bother to give the fleet leaderboard more thought. Even more, thanks for your effort so far, @""Stellar Ice" and great to hear that you will continue to provide us with final rankings.

However, my TLA is currently ranked 23rd.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • After 24 weeks of fleederboards and no real news from DB, I completely understand. Thanks for the update!
    Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
  • Tiny but early but better than late. VIP0 Champions at 519
  • DC is ranked 35th today
    Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
  • Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still contributing ....

q97f3x4c6b7r.png
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
  • Mariners 341
  • Reddit Empire - 59!
  • oqob86ydywd4.png

#FreeStellar #MakeTheBoard
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    sit9uxmd51wr.png
    9fvk6l0fmily.png

We currently have an opening if you want to help make that 12 go higher, contact me :)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Stellar Ice , you need to receive some seriously large piles of dilithium for putting up with DB on this issue for so long. I applaud your move to only publishing a final fleaderboard, and I sincerely thank you for your effort to make something that so many players enjoy reading & contributing to. You exemplify the STT community at our best.

4fb57o958bvu.png

#FreeStellar #MakeTheBoard
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    This week in Admiral Prince's Q&A, we finally got a long anticipated answer about the future addition of a fleet leader board. Drum roll please ....
    Is there any plan for a Fleet leaderboard, Fleet rewards, or an event where Fleets compete against each other?
    Is there a plan? Yes!
    Will it need to be rolled out in stages and tested along the way? You bet it will!
    I apologize in advance to the community for this change. I still believe in the Fleederboard and hope you will continue to show your support for it as well by posting each day like you've been doing.

Please don't apologize. You ain't gettin' paid, no reason for you to keep doing DB's job for free. Thank you for having done this and continuing to do the event-end one. (Though to be quite honest, I'd understand if you stopped altogether.)
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starship Trista is in 3rd place. #FreeStellar
  • #freestellar

Ruffriders are are at 6th position
  • GogusGogus ✭✭
    huwpincxnzs5.jpg

Yes @Stellar Ice thank you for all you do. USS New Orleans 165.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSR = 5
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Yes, thank you @Stellar Ice

cyp1znq97nks.png

Where no one has joined before's fleet Rank is: 14

I think Ferengi isn't our strong point ;)
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, DB ... you clearly have the function call in the fleet screen, that spits out the fleet rank based off of your fleet ID.

Would it really take more than half a day , for one guy, to do the following?
    • collect all the fleet ID's
    • call the fleet leaderboard function/api
    • sort them
    • do a "top" and "find me" with this list, while cross referencing the fleet ID's to the actual fleet name?
    • put this as a 3rd tab in leaderboard screen

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • IPA After 24hrs 32nd

• 9mha9tbitvgb.jpg
    Thanks always for your and the community's effort. We'll keep posting and look forward to the final board. We were disappointed with vagueness and disconnect on many Q&A responses. Hope it'll be addressed (sooner) with more care and precision, and DB will #MakeTheBoard. #FreeStellar
    ·§ë· | 15
    3ddzfiogijrz.png
    -.. -... / -.. -... / -.-. --- -. -. . -.-. - / .-- .. - .... / ..- ...

• This week in Admiral Prince's Q&A, we finally got a long anticipated answer about the future addition of a fleet leader board. Drum roll please ....
    Is there a plan? Yes!

I am quite disappointed in DB's response to add the Fleederboard that has been requested for half of a year now.

After making 96 Fleederboards over the last 6 months and getting the equivalent of a shrug from DB, I have decided that the time has come for me to reduce the free time I spend doing DB's job. So what does this mean for the future of our Fleederboard?

1) This means I will continue to host a Fleederboard thread each event as I've been doing.
    2) I will also continue to encourage fleets to post their fleet rank every day of the event at event time as usual.
    3) The change is that I will only be making one Fleet Leader Board per event that I will post after the event ends, comprised only of the final event fleet ranks.

@Shan @Black Pebble This is a Travesty , you already have the information at hand, why are DB opposed to producing a Fleet Leaderboard?

What a disappointment!

Regards Grim
  • bw1axmz8w7d9.jpg

Fleet: Where no one has joined before Rank: 176
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Klingon Marauders is #1
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Feds R Us currently #15
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    "Is there any plan for a Fleet leaderboard, Fleet rewards, or an event where Fleets compete against each other?
    Is there a plan? Yes!
    Is it coming soon? Probably not."

DB, or @Shan @Black Pebble why would Erin even answer this fully knowing that these fleet leaderboard threads are the busiest threads? This is just another blunder on DBs part. omg make the board! How hard can it be? In the script for squad ranks, you substitute fleet for squad. Now I know it isn't that easy, but still.

#howhardcanitbe #FreeStellar #Maketheboard

@Stellar Ice , you are one in a million and I personally thank you for your time and efforts. DB appears to be concentrating on meet and greets more than the game itself. *sigh*

Trista
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Oh, DB ... you clearly have the function call in the fleet screen, that spits out the fleet rank based off of your fleet ID.

Would it really take more than half a day , for one guy, to do the following?
    • collect all the fleet ID's
    • call the fleet leaderboard function/api
    • sort them
    • do a "top" and "find me" with this list, while cross referencing the fleet ID's to the actual fleet name?
    • put this as a 3rd tab in leaderboard screen

Perhaps copy the squad script, and substitute the word 'squad' with 'fleet'. Something like that I would think. Yes, a little more than that but still... and I am not a programmer at all but it sounds logical
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glutens in 4th.