Home Engineering Room
Options

Game is Slow and Jerky on Facebook

Am not sure if it is just me experiencing this (but thought I would let you know) but for the last couple of days the game has been slow and Jerky and it takes a while to do anything (it had been fast and smooth until couple days ago). A good example is a few minutes a go when it took 2 minutes to go from 1 hour 59 minutes 20 seconds to 2 hours on voyage. I play only on Facebook and all the other games I play on there are ok, it is just this game I have the slowness and jerkiness on.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, its the exact same with me. I play via FB and the game is constantly slow on loading voyages, selecting away missions etc. It was the usual fast speed on Wednesday/Thursday morning but from then on the game is virtually unplayable. I have tried playing it via Gameroom and downloaded that this morning but it keeps coming up with an error on WebGL space.....
  • Options
    I'm still having a problem with this problem. It's affecting everything
  • Options
    Game unplayable on google chrome (playing on facebook), doesn't lag as severely on internet explorer. No lag on iphone.
  • Options
    Got no audio since yesterday, the game is very slow and needs to be refreshed every five minutes or so. Whenever I try to warp anywhere I get errors 50% of the time. I always played on FB and never much problems with it before, that is until yesterday...
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, similar issues - not as bad as some, by the sounds of it, but noticeable, and gets steadily worse during heavy activity (doing daily tasks etc.) to the point where it's just unbearable and needs reloading.

It seemed to start Friday, I was wondering if it could be to do with the old event being rerun, if this is the lag that the new 6-shuttle-mission events are supposed to reduce? At least I was hoping that, since it means it'd go away tomorrow...
  • Options
    im having the same problem very slow and laggy on facebook fine on steam though
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those experiencing lag on Facebook could you please provide a bit more details, like your browser, operating system, general location? Thank you!
  • Options
    Shan, I'm using Google Chrome, Windows 10 Home Edition, United States.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrome, Windows 7, Australia.
  • Options
    Hi Shan, I'm using Google Chrome, Windows 7, UK

The game is running so slow its now unplayable!!! It also wont load on Facebook Gameroom ap and i have no way of playing. Please can you fix this asap!
  • Options
    Hi Shan I'm in France, on Facebook, Google chrome windows 10. Last few days, game starts ok , but soon becomes progressively slower, esp with cadet challenges, voyages, and space arena
  • Options
    Good Morning Shan

I play on Facebook (not Facebook Gameroom as had problems with that) and I play on Acer Chromebook 15 with Google Chrome and am in the United Kingdom
  • Options
    Hi Shan I'm in France, on Facebook, Google chrome windows 10. Last few days, game starts ok , but soon becomes progressively slower, esp with cadet challenges, voyages, and space arena

Agree it starts off ok but after a few minutes it starts to slow down etc
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    For those of you having performance issues using Chrome, could you please try a different browser (Firefox, Opera, etc.) to see if you're still running into the same problems? Please give it some time on the non-Chrome browser so you can better see how it runs.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    There doesn't seem to be a problem while using Firefox.
  • Options
    Having the same trouble in FB with Windows 8.1, Firefox (File version 59.0.3.6691). Also just loaded the app for my android phone, logged in via FB there, and it is the same. Gets almost to the end of intro and won't begin game. Sometimes I'm successful going to the STT game page on FB and clicking the "play game" button from there, but not always.
  • Options
    For those of you having performance issues using Chrome, could you please try a different browser (Firefox, Opera, etc.) to see if you're still running into the same problems? Please give it some time on the non-Chrome browser so you can better see how it runs.

Unfortunately I can not as mine only came with google chrome and am not sure if I can use other browsers on my chromebook
  • Options
    wales windows 10 on google chrome
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    For those experiencing lag on Facebook could you please provide a bit more details, like your browser, operating system, general location? Thank you!

Chrome, Windows 10 and Canada.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are still working in this.
    However it is potentially linked to a new Chrome policy regarding Auto-Play and there is a workaround that you can try, should you wish to.

Open a new tab in chrome and type or copy/paste:
    chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy

There set "Autoplay Policy" to "No user gesture is required".

A restart of Chrome will be needed for the change to come into effect.

If you decide to try this out, please let us know how it works for you. Thank you!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    We are still working in this.
    However it is potentially linked to a new Chrome policy regarding Auto-Play and there is a workaround that you can try, should you wish to.

Open a new tab in chrome and type or copy/paste:
    chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy

There set "Autoplay Policy" to "No user gesture is required".

A restart of Chrome will be needed for the change to come into effect.

If you decide to try this out, please let us know how it works for you. Thank you!

That seemed to fix the problem Shan.
  • Options
    I've been experiencing gradual slowdowns in Chrome on Mac as well (in addition to no sound), and based on just a few minutes of gameplay since attempting this workaround, my problem seems to be solved. It seems to have eliminated some wonky textures on the ships, too - many ships seemed to have too silvery a color before, and now that's gone.
  • Options
    Thanks Shan, that seems to have fixed it
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got through yesterday's cadet/ship cycle without slowdown, looks good. Thanks :)