Home The Bridge

Max Crit Rating?

Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
In today's server update, Shan includes that this has been done:

"-- Max Crit rating adjusted to 175 instead of 1550 which was well above normal ranges for any crew"

I'm not sure what this means. Can anyone explain the gameplay implications (if there are any)?
Fleet: Starship Trista
Captain Level: 95
VIP Level: 12
Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Comments

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Crit rating affects how much damage is done when you score a critical hit on an enemy in a ship battle. It's a passive ship stat bonus, which is always active when you use a crew member in a slot which matches one of their skills.

If you don't use Disguised Kira in ship battles, there is no effect to you.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me a while but this was about her equipment bonus and not her bonus stat which increases boarding. Original equipment bonus was 1550 if placed in a diplomacy or security slot. I've never used her personally in ship battles.
  • Crit rating affects how much damage is done when you score a critical hit on an enemy in a ship battle. It's a passive ship stat bonus, which is always active when you use a crew member in a slot which matches one of their skills.

Actually, crit rating is how likely you are to crit. Crit Bonus increases the amount of the crit.
  • WOLF 359 wrote: »
    Crit rating affects how much damage is done when you score a critical hit on an enemy in a ship battle. It's a passive ship stat bonus, which is always active when you use a crew member in a slot which matches one of their skills.

Actually, crit rating is how likely you are to crit. Crit Bonus increases the amount of the crit.

That is how I understand it as well. But it makes no sense as a rating, I wish it were listed as a percentage.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Okay, I think I now understand that line in the server update was only about changing Kira's crit rating. I had read it as a standalone line, and thus it didn't make sense to me. Thanks all for clarifying.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends