Home The Bridge

Is there a "super-rare" all-stars list somewhere?

Vaelerys TargaryenVaelerys Targaryen ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
I mean a list ranking them by skill?

I keep a list of super-rares I'm working on, ranked in order of which skill I need most. Then, when I hit 18k honour, someone gets a star. But it's beginning to get overwhelming. I can rank the 2/4 and 3/4s I have easily enough, but checking the wiki character by character to see who I should be looking out for isn't really feasible.

(And before someone asks... it takes way too long to earn enough honour for a legendary citation, so most of those guys will only ever be 1/5 on my ship.)
"There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."

Comments

• Oh wow - thank you so much! You're a star! That's *exactly* what I was hoping to find! :)
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some spreadsheet tools around that can help but the simplest option might be to go to the wiki page of the skill you need and then sort on the "<skill> at level 100" column. Those pages do show all rarities but it's pretty easy to see who's a 5*, 4*, etc.
  • Amphistaff - I'm learning something new every day. I never knew you could sort in the wiki! I always thought it was static. #logiccircuitsblown
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    You didn't ask for this, but I'm going to advise you to save up your honor for legendaries anyway. It takes a lot longer, but FF legendaries are absolute beasts for voyages. This will help you in the very long run. Also in the very long run, 4star characters will drop from packs and voyages.
  • Antasil - You're right, of course, but I lack the patience (or life span) for that. ;) At the rate honour is awarded, it would take weeks to FF a legendary from 1/5 and by then the power creep might have made them inferior anyway. I can keep up with super-rares by freezing the lesser ones when a more powerful one moves up.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Veleia wrote: »
    Antasil - You're right, of course, but I lack the patience (or life span) for that. ;) At the rate honour is awarded, it would take weeks to FF a legendary from 1/5 and by then the power creep might have made them inferior anyway. I can keep up with super-rares by freezing the lesser ones when a more powerful one moves up.

Lately, we have been having "mega events" every other month. Mega events go for 4 weeks and you are awarded one copy of the same 5* each event. So, I would recommend you save your honor to add the 5th star to the future mega event characters.

If you are in a fleet that hits the daily quests every day, it should take you about a month to get a 5* citation.
  • My situation isn't as dire as it may have appeared. I do have 4/5 of Borg Queen, Kortar, T'Kuvma, Surak and Cornwell. And FF/FE Mirror T'Pol and Mirror Picard. T'Pol's the one I saved up for the 5th citation for and it just felt like such a grind. She was already far and away my most powerful science crewmember, so ultimately I felt like I'd wasted my time. Same with the others. I'd love to FF them but with honour moving at such a glacial pace...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antasil wrote: »
    You didn't ask for this, but I'm going to advise you to save up your honor for legendaries anyway. It takes a lot longer, but FF legendaries are absolute beasts for voyages. This will help you in the very long run. Also in the very long run, 4star characters will drop from packs and voyages.

In the very long run, you might get legendaries from packs. Just last week I got a ZOdo from a regular pull I got from the Gauntlet. Sometimes it happens and the odds of getting the exact 4* you need isn't great anyways.

I don't recommend instantly spending honour on citations in general. If you're having trouble with crew space don't be afraid to dump the occasional crew. If its a 4* you might get it again through an event, if its a weaker 5* you're probably better off not having it in the short term.

Being able to dump a large amount of honour in a short period of time can be valuable. Finishing a bonus crew for an event or a collection can potentially yield better rewards for your honour. I usually do a mix of super-rare and legendary citations. I keep a hefty reserve just in case. Next month we have the DS9-Augment mega. Presently I'm 4 crew short of the Augment collection. Finishing the Mega 5* would help there or alternatively finishing Future Bashir. Alternatively use it to finish any Faction event crew would be good as well.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • edited May 2018
    It depends if you're looking at base stat, proficiency or combinations of the two as your primary interest.

I too maintain a spreadsheet which orders crew based on FF/FE level 100 base stat or minimum combined stats like this :

jgyacshd3qnh.jpg
    xxps71g51a57.jpg
    k3pcy3a8jc19.jpg
    0akczmkj6gnw.jpg
    k78dof2wb6ud.jpg
    j7tb4eyhsa0l.jpg

These are ordered in descending order on primary base stat (identified as being in bold) and should give you a good at a glance indication of best 4/4*.

The three numbers are minimum, average and maximum combined score for each stat.

I also have a complete list of all 4/4* and 1/5* crew and it's interesting how many 4/4* are better than their 1/5* equivalents.

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends if you're looking at base stat, proficiency or combinations of the two as your primary interest.

I too maintain a spreadsheet which orders crew based on FF/FE level 100 base stat or minimum combined stats like this :

These are ordered in descending order on primary base stat (identified as being in bold) and should give you a good at a glance indication of best 4/4*.

The three numbers are minimum, average and maximum combined score for each stat.

I also have a complete list of all 4/4* and 1/5* crew and it's interesting how many 4/4* are better than their 1/5* equivalents.

So what does the "v" stand for? Also the underlining?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Just ignore the V and underlining- they are notes of which I have in the cryo vault or who is my own best base crew, etc
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭

@Peachtree Rex thanks for the spreadsheet... One question: Are your values for each skill are based on a combination of proficiency and base skill added together? I'm using a Chinese computer at my high school in Taiwan and it's hard to navigate and understand.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »

@Peachtree Rex thanks for the spreadsheet... One question: Are your values for each skill are based on a combination of proficiency and base skill added together? I'm using a Chinese computer at my high school in Taiwan and it's hard to navigate and understand.

The voyage section is. Which sheets are you talking about?
  • Vaelerys TargaryenVaelerys Targaryen ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Those spreadsheets are amazing! I had a pretty detailed one myself up until about 6 months ago, when it just got too daunting. Trying to maintain it felt like a job! LOL

And Ivanstone - That is logical. Flawlessly logical. You and Antasil make a very good case for saving up for legendary citations. I might see how long I can hold out. ;) But I do have the sorry-citation from DB to spend on a super-rare. It's just been a question of A ) finishing a 3/4 I don't need so I can vault them for crew space, B ) finishing a 3/4 to supercede an immortal so I can vault *them* or C ) adding a star to a 1/4 or 2/4 who's one of the best (ie Niners Rom or Commander Barak).
  • Just a little update showing where Alan-A-Dale fits in on the DIP base and minimum combined ranking :

hiay6zma7nom.jpg