Home Engineering Room

I can't log into the game.

How long do I have to wait to get my ticket serviced if I literally can't log into the game? It's been over 24 hours and I am missing the event in addition to all the other things I can't collect.

Comments

• Third day of not being able to play the game. Is there anything I can do? I've already reinstalled, requested tech support.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would help to know on which platform you are playing and what you are seeing, but this usually requires PS intervention.
  • Thank you for your attention.

iOS.
    I see, "An error occurred during sign. Please try again later." I was happily playing Saturday afternoon, and then a few hours later I see this error, and it has persisted since.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your account registered with an email address and a password?
    What happens when you click on the X in that window?
  • As far as I know, when I have submitted past issues I created an account.

When I clicked the X, it opened a login in screen. I typed in my normal information and it went through and started a new account. (Previously I would get the same, "An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later." error.) Now that the game actually let's me in, how do I get my original account?
  • I have my original DBID and a string of past email correspondences that can confirm it is mine.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having your original DBID is good, it will however need PS intervention so they can verify what email address is attached to that DBID as it is clearly not the one you just used to log in.
  • Okay, so back to waiting on my original ticket?
  • Sorry to be a bother again, but it's been ~5 days since I was last able to access my account and still no response to my ticket. Is this typical?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, yes.
    There is a big backlog of tickets and the current response time could be as long as 2 weeks depending on the issue.
  • Thanks for the response.

Just to give you an update: after going back and forth with support for about a week, I am no closer to getting into my original account. After changing my DBID back, I got the same error as before.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I was last able to play my account. Is this happening to anyone else? I am really confused why this is happening, trying to consider if I have done something on my end to cause this account error. I'm also considering if I should just quit playing the game since all my efforts put into an account can so easily be misplaced and difficult to recover.
  • Although I appreciate getting the help, having to wait 24 hours for responses is really slowing down this process (I do my best to respond within a few hours--most of the time I see something sent at 3am and I respond first thing as I wake up.)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry this is taking long, these login issues are sometimes complex.
    Do you use cloud save and isync it could contribute to the issue.

• I do not use either.
  • It's been two days since I responded to my ticket. Is there anything else I can do? Is it worth trying to get someone else to help with my problem? It's getting close to two weeks since I was last able to log on and my ship ranking is going to be reset.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Really feel for you. I'm only on day 3 of not being able to log in. Two weeks? I doubt I'll have the patience to wait that long, and will probably just give up on the game in a couple more days.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are able to sign in on our website with the email address and password you use for your game account, correct?

If that is the case, when you see the pop up for the Sign In error, click on the X and in the next screen, instead of trying to sign in, choose "reset account" - you will be prompted to restart the game and it will start at the beginning. Go through the prologue, then when you reach level 4, try signing in again using your credentials. Let's see if this could help.
  • That is correct. I'll give try again.
  • Same error again.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. I am sorry. I am out of ideas, it sounds like it could be a corrupted save maybe linked to your game center account.
    I will let you know if I think of something else, you do have the option to ask for a new account and transfer your purchases as well.
    @Shan Sorry to piggyback my problem on this thread. But, I tried the "reset account". It let me into the steam version, and able to play to level 4. But, when I went to options to change to my VIP account, it gave the log in error again. So, it looks like the game is working. But, something is not right with my main account.
    *spoiler, don't look at what the new players see at level 1*
    bngp7vx8ywft.png
  • I think for a new account to be worth it, I would need to be able to transfer the value I've accrued playing the game for roughly a year. I don't think I can stand starting over again.
    Shan wrote: »
    you do have the option to ask for a new account and transfer your purchases as well.
    I would hope that includes everything gathered / won during your year. If not, I don't see that as a fair deal. Losing every immortalized crew and ship completed would be horrible.

• Well.

After spending a few days researching and compiling a fairly complete list of things that I would want replaced in my newly created account, I finally received a much awaited response.

In summery:
    I would have to level 1-49 again.
    While my 4* and 5* crew will be replaced with their appropriate levels, my 30+ Maxed 2* and 3* crew will not be replaced. Only 5* ships will be replaced.

I'm not really sure what I should do. The fact that my account was 'lost' by no fault of my own, and replaced with an unequal facsimile gives me serious doubts about continuing to play a collection game that can so easily lose my account information.

One side of me wants to ask for all the chronitons and training manuals and portals to recreate my roster and level. Maybe bump up my VIP status so I can replicate all the gear I need to level everyone up quickly. Is this really the extent of what can be done?
  • edited November 2017
    I have the same problem. Ticket 34584. Waiting on a response to my ticket. Deleted all instances of the game on Steam and Android. Reinstalled. Re-deleted. Started the game on a fresh IOS platform, got to the linking after the tutorial and was told I was logged in on a different device. Then the same error message. Clearly the server has not released my game from the crash that began this problem over two weeks ago. Looks like this is a software glitch that has occurred to others as well. Been almost two weeks now. What DB really needs is a tiered ticket system where issues like these, game breaking issues are dealt with in a priority over less game breaking issues.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    arches wrote: »
    Well.

After spending a few days researching and compiling a fairly complete list of things that I would want replaced in my newly created account, I finally received a much awaited response.

In summery:
    I would have to level 1-49 again.
    While my 4* and 5* crew will be replaced with their appropriate levels, my 30+ Maxed 2* and 3* crew will not be replaced. Only 5* ships will be replaced.

I'm not really sure what I should do. The fact that my account was 'lost' by no fault of my own, and replaced with an unequal facsimile gives me serious doubts about continuing to play a collection game that can so easily lose my account information.

One side of me wants to ask for all the chronitons and training manuals and portals to recreate my roster and level. Maybe bump up my VIP status so I can replicate all the gear I need to level everyone up quickly. Is this really the extent of what can be done?

As account recreation is a manual process for support it sounds like either the rep doesn't want to do the work or there is a policy preventing them from doing what you are requesting. I personally find that disheartening as well.

It also sounds like DB needs to devote some time to some better tools for their support folks as well.
  • edited November 2017
    arches wrote: »
    iOS.
    I see, "An error occurred during sign. Please try again later." I was happily playing Saturday afternoon, and then a few hours later I see this error, and it has persisted since.

Exact same thing is happening to me. Played fine numerous times today, then suddenly can’t log in and get same message. Also on iOS. Been playing for months and never had this problem before. Uninstalled and reinstalled but still same problem. Have daily dilithium purchase that I’m going to lose out on if this isn’t resolved. Annoying.