Home The Bridge

Who are your unwanted characters?

veXveX ✭✭
There are some characters I don't like and I wouldn't want to get them... for example The Changeling Founder - I didn't like her in DS9 and I don't like her now so I would pass her. If I get behold guess who I'm not going to choose...

Comments

• •RIVIN••RIVIN• ✭✭✭
    mutant sato...i would pick ANYONE over her
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Not fond of any of the mutated/protomorphosis characters. I have my 3/4* mutated Paris sitting at level 1 waiting to either get the last star and FF/FE to freezer or airlock for 600 honour if I need space.
  • [SJ] Admiral Aki[SJ] Admiral Aki ✭✭✭✭
    Keiko O’Brian, Alexander Rozhenko, Klingon Neelix....I’m sure there were others who I have diliberately forgotton.

Just to add a counterpoint; there are a few characters from the show whom I didn’t like, but actually enjoyed collecting. The 4* Pulaski for instance.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll use the crew I get, but I don't really like the idea of the omnipotent crew, Q formost among them. I like the character well enough, but he doesn't fit. An omnipotent being is, by definition, unbeatable.

As for hated crew, I can't think of many. Most could be useful crew (in "real" life) if handled properly, since the right crew and/or goal would motivate them; but a few of the truly evil and treacherous crew are irredeemable.

I don't mind the proto versions of crew so much, but similar to the omnipotent crew being too powerful, the proto crew would be too useless.
  • Lung cancer Worf and Kazon Seska always get shown the airlock.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just having a look through my current crew and picking any who'd be first out the airlock if I had no extra space and wanted to get someone new: Gralik Durr (didn't care for the Xindi year much), Harris (I forget what he even did), Borg Janeway (getting yourself assimilated is not a plan), Kelby (...who), Dolim (I liked Sarris but they copied him wrong), stoner Ash, Jannar (who even are these people), and he's not there at the moment but Colonel Karr has been acquired and jettisoned for space several times.

For what it's worth, unless crew space forces my hand I'm holding onto all of those, and I'll freeze them if I can; I suppose there's none of them I dislike enough to want to specifically not have them. The only one that comes to mind who I really Do Not Want is 23rd Century Martok, because he's got ridges and he shouldn't - even if he's ridgy Martok in disguise, part of the disguise should've been the proper 60s lack-of-forehead.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess I can only go by the purples I have had to airlock:
    Creepy face Sisko,
    Gambler doctor Russell,
    Colonel Karr,
    Anij,
    Amanda Grayson

The latter 2 I do not dislike but I have too much honor debt on legendaries and not enough space.

Mutated Paris is another one I am considering showing the door but the primal trait is rare for me. And I'm not giving up on the Horta or Keras for that matter.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    People I don't want are usually people I airlock if I get them, because I feel the crew space is more practical. And sometimes it's not even necessarily "don't want" as opposed to "just don't care about".
    I have immortalized some of my no care crew, just to free up their spaces in my crew slots, but this was before I decided why even bother with that? It's a waste of my resources.

Lady Gaghgagh's Crew of No Caring
    Laas
    Mother Horta
    All Wesleys except the 5* Wesleys
    Kurros
    Feezal Phlox
    Arik Soong
    Lore (the one character in game that I maybe actively dislike)
    Lon Suder
    Blood Oath Jadzia
    Agent Harris
    Luther Sloan

There's more to this list, just these are the ones I can remember from recent memory that I've airlocked. Although, I think I ended up immortalizing the last three.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Not fond of any of the mutated/protomorphosis characters. I have my 3/4* mutated Paris sitting at level 1 waiting to either get the last star and FF/FE to freezer or airlock for 600 honour if I need space.

Protomorphosis Barclay might be one of the best characters in the game.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • 23rd Century Martok...oh...wait...
    59xvorqh3jvk.png
    Thats right, he is the only legendary i fully fused that i never chose in a behold or citationed up...back with the trouble with tribbles last rerun, i purchased the $50 offer to get a 3rd star for 1701 Sisko. From the bonus packs i got not one, but TWO 23rd Century Martoks! Now i can dismiss a 1/5 character...but 2/5...even if i really didnt want him...nope. Then one month later...the event pack comes back around and I figured "hey another chance to ff my 1701 Sisko!!" Pulled 7 packs...not one, not two, but THREE 23rd Century Martoks!!! So now im left with the one character in the game i dont want ff (hadnt leveled him yet). Anyways long story short i leveled him, immortalized him, and kept him out of the freezer since he does have, okay, stats. FYI i did manage to ff 1701 Sisko, got his last 2 stars in beholds!!
    liew3t6a6l90.png
    I'm not someone who could really give up any 5*s.
    Although some of the older cards do try my patience, especially when their 1/5 lv.100 stats are trash, and even immortalized they end up being rather underwhelming.
    Looking at you Enterprise-E Picard >.>
    Still, I wouldn't airlock a 5* unless I already had them FF'd.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Agent Harris, Proton Paris, Rogue Kim--all so much work for completely underwhelming stats.
    As far as just not liking: most versions of paris, kim, and wesley (something about them... Backpfeifengesicht) lon suder, ash tyler, mirror sisko...that's all I can think of quickly scrolling through my crew.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actively dislike the gold Scotty card.... One skill just doesn't cut it
  • bluetibbluetib ✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

This!! He was one of my first golds, so I couldn't airlock him. But now he is completely and utterly useless at even the two stars he is due to the single stat. No gold should be a single stat...
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a completionist, none of them are unwanted but there are some I don't care for, mostly because of poor artwork. 23rd Century Martok is an eyesore.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluetib wrote: »

This!! He was one of my first golds, so I couldn't airlock him. But now he is completely and utterly useless at even the two stars he is due to the single stat. No gold should be a single stat...

I wouldn’t say “utterly” useless...even at 1/5* I still use him in the arena. Ever since Mirror Geordi came out and took his place in the gauntlet, Captain Scott has been mostly useless. Which is sad, because Scotty is one of my favorite Trek characters and Relics was one of the precious few times where he was heavily featured in an episode.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had to airlock a 4* or 5*, mainly because I'm too much of a collector and completionist.

When I started playing this game I looked forward to building the crew I liked/wanted, but quickly learned it is more about optimizing skills and selecting the 'best' cards, not actually the crew you want or like. In general, the crew I dislike the most are the non-canon characters, since I have no connection to them from the shows/movies. As a fan of Star Trek, it irks me that I feel the need to keep fake crew active, while some of my favorities characters sit unused in my freezer.
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    You mean besides 23rd century Martok... I could really do without any of the non-canon characters. There are so many characters they could bring on before having to go that route. FFS, we don't even have stripey shirt Janeway yet.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • To me, weak, fragile crew like Cyrus Redblock and the Orion Slaver are always shown the door to outer space and oblivion. I've already got so much crew accumulated and waiting for equipment...

If I ever run out of space, the first airlocked are the 1/4's I have (not so many now, but I'm looking at a Dominion Dukat that's been lurking in that shape for more than a few months)
  • If I ever run out of space, the first airlocked are the 1/4's I have (not so many now, but I'm looking at a Dominion Dukat that's been lurking in that shape for more than a few months)

If you can let him lurk for three more months he will be FF by the monthly rewards.
  • Vic Fontaine. I had previously airlocked every one of him I got. Ugh. I really can’t stand that character. I got one from an event pack yesterday and I’m still on the fence about keeping him.

I also airlocked Hockey Paris and Kim because their art is so stupid, but then kept them after Collections and froze them.
  • mutant sato...i would pick ANYONE over her
    Agreed. No ugly satos in my inventory
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also airlocked Hockey Paris and Kim because their art is so stupid, but then kept them after Collections and froze them.

Same. I must have airlocked close to 50 Hockey Kims before immortalizing and freezing him.
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    23rd century Martak is the only 5* I've airlocked. too damn ugly and non-canon.

Others I've had no care for include -
    Apolo
    Icheb
    Vedek Bariel
    fesek

We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I don't usually keep non-canon crew (though I made an exception for some of the Mirror TNG crew from the Mirror Mega Event, like Mirror Picard, because the art was so good).
    I'm not a big Voyager or Enterprise fan, so I don't usually keep characters from those shows (I make more exceptions for Voyager than Enterprise, I like Doc and Seven, so most versions of them get to stay. Also any of the "Warship" crew from "Living Witness", that was a good episode. For Enterprise, I've immortalized most of the crew from "In a Mirror, Darkly". That was a fun episode).
    I airlocked the Borg Queen when I got her during the Borg Mega Event. I never liked the character, and I feel like the concept kind of ruins the Borg.
    I think I'd need to get four copies of Vic Fontaine all at once to keep him, not my favorite DS9 character.
    I think that about covers it for me. I've got almost all the Wesleys (just missing Cadet), 23rd Century Martok, and I'd probably even keep the TOS Space Hippies if they were ever added to the game.
    bluetib wrote: »

I wouldn’t say “utterly” useless...even at 1/5* I still use him in the arena. Ever since Mirror Geordi came out and took his place in the gauntlet, Captain Scott has been mostly useless. Which is sad, because Scotty is one of my favorite Trek characters and Relics was one of the precious few times where he was heavily featured in an episode.

I mean he is a captain, he should at least be two stat ENG and CMD. I would argue he should also have DIP as well, he worked rather well with the Enterprise crew, so this would be tertiary, but still.