Home Ready Room
Options

North Star Tucker

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got Trip in a behold. I thought he would be better than a second for Kim. Checking his stats, I'm not sure. Did I make a mistake?

I had heard a lot about how good he was. How good is he?

szgzccbhn18n.jpg

Comments

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    His rolls are great for the gauntlet, especially if you don’t have the caretaker.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have mine maxed. I can't say how he is at one star. But he's pretty regular in my shuttles and voyages. Since the Jury Rigger, Romantic, and Gambler traits often appear in my ENG, SEC, and DIP slots.

I'm a little jealous you have Beowulf Kim, that's the only 5* Kim and I love the tale of Beowulf.

As for your choice, you actually probably made the best one other than adding more stars to Kim. Trip is also great for gauntlet if you don't have The Caretaker, Mirror La Forge, or Okona, Trip is maybe the second highest gauntlet ENG, and his DIP isn't bad either.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Good choice, I’ve been hoping Tucker drops for months. I did get Kim but never cared for the character so he languishes. Wish they would rerun an event for Tucker, maybe someday.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH - that behold you can't really make a wrong decision, it's only wrong if you don't have enough slots. The west collection is a hard one, so to unlock a card from that is good also IMO.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's okay in gauntlet. I only take him with 45%+ crit though. His non-primary rolls are too low to matter after the first round with no crit bonus.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    No choice would have been bad, IMO. Tucker has been a strong character in the game for a long time, so he was a good choice. I don't want Kim myself, but since you have him, adding a star would have been fine too. Personally, I'm with Thurthorad on this one - it's the Squire! You risk his wrath by not picking him - he's going to snap his fingers and you'll find yourself sitting on a stool in the corner of the room for a 5 minute timeout. :o
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got Trip FE, and his traits seem to always come up for the Gauntlet. And then I put him in, and he loses EVERY TIME. I don't know what it is about this guy. He's got one of the highest ENG proficiencies in the game. But I can't win with him.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Trip is great, but I always get the extra star if I need it.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got Trip FE, and his traits seem to always come up for the Gauntlet. And then I put him in, and he loses EVERY TIME. I don't know what it is about this guy. He's got one of the highest ENG proficiencies in the game. But I can't win with him.

He's got low minimum's on all 3 of his skills. I do use him sometimes but I only feel comfortable using him if he's got 45-65% crit. Even at 25% he'll still get punked by Caretaker.

Mirror Geordi is generally a better choice for us Caretaker-less plebes.

He is needed for two collections though and obviously handy to have for any Tucker or Enterprise events.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    gm8eo9mbllt7.png
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    KarthonKarthon ✭✭
    I picked him from this lineup, needing some good ENG skill crew.
  • Options
    KarthonKarthon ✭✭
    9c6gy1a5dwbx.jpg
    I picked him from this lineup, needing some good ENG skill crew.
  • Options

I'm convinced certain crew despite pretty good stats are just bad luck crew.
    Revolutionary Damar is excellent in stats, yet even when I put him with 25% against a 5% like Mirror Picard, he most often always loses. I also feel this way about Gladiator McCoy who with 25% is good to hold his own against a Mirror Phlox, but Phlox always manages to pull a crit or high roll with just 5%.

I'm just feeling certain cards are cursed :p

As for Trip, before I got The Caretaker, he's usually who I ran in my gauntlet if the traits were right. Now my main engineers are Caretaker of course, but also Okona since his stats are near the same as Trip, Trip has higher ENG, but Okona has higher roll potential on his secondaries and tertiaries. The following is with starbases of course...
    Sexy Cowboy Tucker: ENG (188-610), DIP (167-328), SEC (96-186)
    Heartthrob Okona: ENG (165-537), DIP (278-552), SEC (102-228)
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    He totally just dropped for me in my latest Voyage - which was unexpected and awesome! Now I have all the 4* Wild West collection, just need some of the 5* ones.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options

Revolutionary Damar is excellent in stats, yet even when I put him with 25% against a 5% like Mirror Picard, he most often always loses. I also feel this way about Gladiator McCoy who with 25% is good to hold his own against a Mirror Phlox, but Phlox always manages to pull a crit or high roll with just 5%.

As for Trip, before I got The Caretaker, he's usually who I ran in my gauntlet if the traits were right. Now my main engineers are Caretaker of course, but also Okona since his stats are near the same as Trip, Trip has higher ENG, but Okona has higher roll potential on his secondaries and tertiaries. The following is with starbases of course...

Sulan is definitely cursed for me...can never beat Mirror Phlox even if Sulan is in a SCI/MED combo with a 25% crit rating, he always gets the lowest rolls!!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so depressed that I haven't been blessed with a Caretaker yet. Feels like I already had Guinan by this point after her intro.
  • Options
    He totally just dropped for me in my latest Voyage - which was unexpected and awesome! Now I have all the 4* Wild West collection, just need some of the 5* ones.

Who are you referring to? Because NS Tucker is a 5* and as far as I know they don’t drop from voyages.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He probably thinks of North Star Archer.
  • Options

Who are you referring to? Because NS Tucker is a 5* and as far as I know they don’t drop from voyages.

I was about to say this too lol.
    I mean if 5*s are now dropping from Voyages, then DB sure has stepped up their game.