Home Ready Room

Redeem Galaxy Event Rare Rewards in Phase 1 or Phase 2?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ready Room
I recall an earlier thread about this, but I can't seem to find it. Was it determined whether it's better to redeem the Rare Rewards in Galaxy Events during Phase 1 or Phase 2, or if it varies from event to event?
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I recall an earlier thread about this, but I can't seem to find it. Was it determined whether it's better to redeem the Rare Rewards in Galaxy Events during Phase 1 or Phase 2, or if it varies from event to event?
    IIRC it varies on your chron/item stash and on how useful is fast-leveling of threshold crew.

I usually don't even get to maximum reward in stage 2 without stage 1 items, so if threshold reward is useful, then for me cashing in the first part is obvious choice to get crew faster on same chron = get more bonus items.
  • CatpainCatpain ✭✭
    I think you gain around 2000 VP by waiting until phase 2.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check this page ... you can expand the tables ... https://stt.wiki/wiki/Galaxy_Event ... which is pretty much negligible the more Super Rare rewards you collect.

Basically, I use those tables to see if Super Rare rewards can get me to maximum threshold when I hand them in at the start of phase 2.

Something easy to remember is that you need approx. 100 of them when you hit 100.000 VP ... that is an easy target to hit (have been taking it slow and I'm currently at 50 super rare and 33.000 VP approx), so calculate backwards from that.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its better in the second phase to push for rank since you dont have to start from zero again.
    If you are just going threshold and out, then the first phase is better as you dont waste any chronos clicking and can quit exactly when you need to.

Jim
    DB: Do Better