Home Ready Room
Options

Coming Up to 50k in honor Spend or Save?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ready Room
So I'm just coming up to 50k and I think there might be time to get another 50k in time for next mega event but it may be too tight so the question is do I make Guinan 4/5 now or do I wait a little longer, until I am sure I can get another 50k in time for next mega event.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I generally follow the approach of holding onto my Honor until something comes up where I feel a timely/urgent need to use it. My advice would be to wait, as I am guessing adding a Star to Guinan probably would not make a meaningful difference to your current gameplay.
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boar but when is the next mega event june or july ?
    If its june ill never get another 50k in time if its July i might be able to.
  • Options
    Marko RamiusMarko Ramius ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you don't have the 5th star for any of the mega event crew FF (except T'Kuvma who isn't particularly worth the 50k honor), I'd do that first since they are all pretty heavy hitters, but don't just add a star to someone just for the heck of it. If you have all the mega event 5* FF, I'd wait until the next mega event.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Nope Guinan, is basically my project between Mega's currently all other mega event crew (M Picard, Cornwell, Surak) I've fully fused already. I think I'll hang fast for now to see how well my honor accumulates.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it's hard to do, I'd suggest waiting. Think of it this way - which matters more to you: adding a star to Guinan, or having a 2/5 mega crew during week 1 of the event? There's no wrong answer, just your personal priority list. If you get to 100k before the mega-event, then add the star without hesitation.
  • Options
    Definitely save until you are sure you can fuse the event mega... you’ll get a lot more mileage out of the mega (and the mega should have a better base than Guinan)...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm approaching Locutus soon (20'000 Dilemmas), I am saving my Honor for 3 citations to get him immortalized as soon as possible for voyage (and gauntlet) use, and I will use a "Double Your Crew" offer for him. Locutus isn't available through normal ways, so he's definitely an Honor candidate.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I'm approaching Locutus soon (20'000 Dilemmas), I am saving my Honor for 3 citations to get him immortalized as soon as possible for voyage (and gauntlet) use, and I will use a "Double Your Crew" offer for him. Locutus isn't available through normal ways, so he's definitely an Honor candidate.

Noted for future reference. Caretaker just dropped for me so i'm in a quandry about citing him next after Guinan or not (at least play it safe and only add a star or two) I still think I am quite far away from getting Locutus but at least I have plenty of time to ponder, thanks all.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I wouldn't cite Caretaker before he stops being featured in the gauntlet, you might get him multiple times. But once he's not featured anymore, you can cite him as well if you haven't gotten him more than four times. :) Guinan doesn't drop anymore, she's also a safe Honor candidate, just like Locutus.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")