Home The Bridge

Ok what's the deal with this one then DB?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
It used to be 10x10 for 9.99 each max purchase 2 (400% value) now it's this:
blh1gnjhgjfo.png
It's not only not the same deal but it's not the same value so why is it advertised as the same value?
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dil factor
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dil factor

The dilithium isn't enough to purchase the ten packs you're short of plus I am pretty sure you got dilithium and similar vp points on the previous offer
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    Negative, re-calculate your math
    Negative, re-calculate your math

Sorry you're right it's 20 packs down and at 650 a pop in the portal that's 13000 dilithium a negative equity of 9000 dilithium.
    I'm not a db employee and would buy the ten for ten any day of the week.

10*650=6,500 dil (about $65 of value for vip 14)

(30*650)+4000 (ignore bonus dil) = 23500 (about $220 for a vip 14)

While the 10 pack can be worth 6.5 times what you paid, the new offer is over 4 times. It's worth it if available
    The point is they have advertised both products as the same and clearly they are not, and the fact is now they are asking us to stump up more money for less - sorry but for me and perhaps many this is a real put off.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Both are advertised as greater than 400% value.(hence the ">>> 400% Value") Since this is the less valuable deal by your math, lets look at it. Same amount of dilithium as that price normally buys, so that's 100% value covered. 30 packs at 650 each is 19,500 worth of dilithium, so nearly 5 times the value you usually get for that price. The pack is actually greater than 500% value, they just undersell the value of $10 10x10 deal even more.
    edited May 2018
    Roonis wrote: »
    Both are advertised as greater than 400% value.(hence the ">>> 400% Value") Since this is the less valuable deal by your math, lets look at it. Same amount of dilithium as that price normally buys, so that's 100% value covered. 30 packs at 650 each is 19,500 worth of dilithium, so nearly 5 times the value you usually get for that price. The pack is actually greater than 500% value, they just undersell the value of $10 10x10 deal even more.

Don't know about you but in my maths classes one > was enough, but the further we look into this the rawer this deal feels especially with the other state of affairs the game is in, I'm not wishing to change the slant of this thread but that is always a consideration when making such purchases.
  • I thought this was normally the $99 offer. Am I wrong?
    edited May 2018
    I thought this was normally the $99 offer. Am I wrong?

Not sure it might be similar but I don't think the £ has 2:1 ratio up on the $ at least not in the current climate
    Roonis wrote: »

Don't know about you but in my maths classes one > was enough, but the further we look into this the rawer this deal feels especially with the other state of affairs the game is in, I'm not wishing to change the slant of this thread but that is always a consideration when making such purchases.

I mean, I wouldn't buy it, but it is true to advertising. And using multiple greater than or less than signs is not uncommon for emphasis, I know last week I myself had to say " as a captain Nog >>> Janeway" a couple times. I just dont see how its a raw deal. It's not as good as the $10, but it's true as advertised.
    The $10 one is the gold standard. I've only gotten it once in my playing days. Here are other comparable ones I've seen in the past. Most seem to be variations .
    8o629is62w7x.jpg
    pixhef8sv75o.png
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey DB, if you are going to send out an offer en mass you should probably send out one that most players want (10x10).

Players ask for the 10x10 offer on a weekly basis. Why do these requests get constantly ignored? For this offer? Lol.
    Hey DB, if you are going to send out an offer en mass you should probably send out one that most players want (10x10).

Players ask for the 10x10 offer on a weekly basis. Why do these requests get constantly ignored? For this offer? Lol.

Sadly the lesser deals still sell well. If people stopped buying the non $10 deals by a significant amount, we would see it more.
  • Without a guarantee of getting crew I need, I won't be spending any cash. They need to include at LEAST one needed or new crew or enough honor to get a star in every pack.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    They have increased the dil. on this offer. Here is the old iconic crew offer dil was 1500.
    pb6pw1t7ebgx.png

I believe this is now exactly the same as two Grow Your Crew offers but of course one penny off.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d buy the 10 for 10 deal every week yet I haven’t seen it in months. Outside that offer there’s nothing I’d spend on anymore perhaps a citation offer would change my mind
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is they have advertised both products as the same and clearly they are not, and the fact is now they are asking us to stump up more money for less - sorry but for me and perhaps many this is a real put off.

FALSE. The latest deal was $49.99 for 4000 DIL (Plus VIP) and thirty packs. 4000 DIL retails for $50 on their store. So you're basically buying the DIL and getting 30 packs too, which you can look at with either:
    Their lowest value, $1 a pop (when they're 10 for $10)
    Their highest value, 650 dil (requires the purchase of a $10 DIL at retail if you're out of DIL)

It's a good deal. But I'd never buy it, for two reasons:
    1 - I can't justify spending $50 at once in this game.
    2 - I don't really need that much DIL. I rarely EVER buy anything at face value, I only buy specials. The monthly pack is more than enough for the occasional cadet challenge or voyage recharge. Or even a weekly event pack, which I don't buy anymore either.