Can you spot the difference in these pictures?e1wsgj533gg4.jpg
pl2n5dup89a3.jpg
3jkhlnn60wec.jpg
q4plktjazjbp.jpg
[DCC] bebe
Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!

Comments

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The top one you want trending on twitter
  • Nope, both were posted in-game to the Starbase Message of the Day.
    [DCC] bebe
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you needed was a space between / and Captain? xD
  • Apparently that's the difference between "cussing" & not.
    [DCC] bebe
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Did I read captain Killy😊😊

Edit: I want Capt. Killy and maybe a Sgt. Mayhem 😉🙂

Well now I guess there is a nick for Tilly of Captain Killy.
    I never have seen discovery.

Okay not a nick. But her mirror universe counterpart
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was one of the nick names of the Mirror Universe counterpart. They never showed the actual character, just had the Prime universe character impersonate the Terran Empire captain.

I'm mostly a TNG guy, but highly recommend watching Discovery - especially if you can find a free way to watch it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I highly recommend not watching Discovery and preserve your innocence. It makes Enterprise seem watchable by comparison.

It's pure trash. Basically, The Star Trek franchise is being treated the same way DC is being treated currently with regards to their movies. That is to say, with zero respect by the writers, producers, and everyone else involved with that garbage and it shows.

Orville is better Star Trek than Discovery.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch a ton of shows and Discovery was one that I made a night of. Each week I would watch the prior episode before the new one and watch after trek. 3 hours each Sunday. I plan to re-watch the series before season 2. The only thing bad about the show is the grown up tribble they call Tilly.

Orville is OK. I did watch it. Production value isn't as high as other Sci-Fi shows but idk why that show needs to be compared to Discovery all the time. Orville is aiming to be a comendy, a spoof. Voyager transported through Shields all the time and had enough shuttles and torpedos to feed the Federation until it's end so not sure why other shows breaking some cannon rules goes overlooked.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch a ton of shows and Discovery was one that I made a night of. Each week I would watch the prior episode before the new one and watch after trek. 3 hours each Sunday. I plan to re-watch the series before season 2. The only thing bad about the show is the grown up tribble they call Tilly.

Orville is OK. I did watch it. Production value isn't as high as other Sci-Fi shows but idk why that show needs to be compared to Discovery all the time. Orville is aiming to be a comendy, a spoof. Voyager transported through Shields all the time and had enough shuttles and torpedos to feed the Federation until it's end so not sure why other shows breaking some cannon rules goes overlooked.

For the record, the endless Voyage shuttles is something I bring up all the time (when it's relevant), and I know many other people who are not willing to cut Voyager any slack. So I don't think there's really that much of a double standard when it comes to Voyager.

TNG though? Yeah, it's a lot harder to bring up issues with TNG in certain crowds.

I will say though, that DSC does break canon in pretty extreme ways that are more than little "oops they forgot to mention the shields" type of things. Like, holodecks existing pre-TOS when half of early TNG episodes were everybody being all "oh my god these holodecks are awesome and new and shiny". And for the record, I take similar issue with Janeway randomly talking like she grew up with holonovels as a kid in Voyager. But the reasons I dislike DSC go beyond the lack of canon-continuity.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch Orville or Discovery any more. As much as Trek has been an important part of my life for decade after decade, I don't get from either one what I've gotten from many episodes of the other shows in the past.

The canon is one thing with DSC, but really other than Saru, I'd not shed a tear if every single member character was killed off in a remarkably stupid and unheroic fashion. (And the Saru connection is mostly due to wanting Doug Jones to have more regular work not the actual character) I really can't find myself caring what happens to any of them. I don't feel inspired by characters like I have in the past. Even in Deep Space Nines struggling first season, as well as TNGs first I felt inspired to be a better person by some of the characters and plots presented. And TOS, well that was the MOTD. Voyager was more of a mixed bag, but that seemed to be an intermitted thing depending on who wrote the ep.

Orville is a spoof -- I get it. I've loved spoofs in the past, but I can't take a weekly spoof series. And yes I watch Galaxy Quest annually.

They are both written well. If you like what they offer, more power to you.

• Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Orville isn't a spoof. A common misconception.
    Just used to Seth making fun of other shows.

Once you accept that it really is pretty decent
  • Orville is aiming to be a comendy, a spoof.

It's definitely not a spoof. I'm not sure how you can watch some of those episodes and think it's a spoof.

Regardless, Orville was compared with Discovery because TNG directors, production guys,etc work on that show. They both came out in the same year. If they were offset, I doubt they'd get as much comparison.

As it stands, the two shows are at opposite ends of the TV show spectrum despite both being Sci-Fi. When one is largely episodic and the other is not, the ability to compare them becomes difficult. I'm hoping in Season 2, enough time has passed, and they will no longer be in constant reference to each other.
  • Orville is like making fun of star trek, and also totally in love with star trek, all at the same time. It's a great show. Discovery has its faults, but i think its a great "modern" star trek.

I just wish they would quit making prequels (and quit re-inventing klingons), and go further into the future. What are you afraid of?!
  • I just wish they would quit making prequels (and quit re-inventing klingons), and go further into the future. What are you afraid of?!

1000% this.