Home Make It So!

Starbase bottlenecked by holoemitters

Our starbase (and many others I imagine) is bottlenecked by holoemitters. Every. Single. Room. needs them. Even choosing less efficient space battles to try and get more, I only end up with maybe 100 a day.

Meanwhile I have nowhere to possibly spend my transparent aluminum because the handful of rooms that take it are maxed out and waiting for... More holoemitters.

Can you lower the number of holoemitters needed for each stage by a LOT, make them drop more, make them drop from away missions, swap them out for some other component, something?

Comments

• Agreed
  • MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    Agreed - the drop rates of Holoemitters is much too low compared to other components, such as Nanopolymers. But at least you can spend excess Nanopolymers in the replicator as fuel.
  • Either they need to lower the amount needed in the rooms or increase the amount obtained in space battles.
  • DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    .. or at least give us something "useful" in the starbase to spend the extra components on ... even if they are 1 time boons, and not even permanent rooms or such.
    *shrug*
  • Has anyone identified any particular space battles that produce a higher drop rate for holoemitters? I've searched the wiki but have not found anything like they show for other items' drop rates.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone identified any particular space battles that produce a higher drop rate for holoemitters? I've searched the wiki but have not found anything like they show for other items' drop rates.

Holoemitter drop rates are the same for all ship battles. The number of holoemitters that drop is roughly proportional to the number of chrons you spent on the space battle.

So, 24 chron space battles are your best bet. None have better drop rates than the others.
  • I pretty much farmed almost a whole week using kits while leveling multiple 3* and 4* crew and barely got more than 1.5k holoemitters. Those things need a serious and I mean SERIOUS buff on their drop rates. And also some adjustments on the fleet nodes that need them.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The transparent aluminium drops a lot more often in the away missions, and I usually do them equally (50/50), but I always get more alu than holos.

We need San Holo who can replicate holoemitters in packs of 200 per ration.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Ditto wrote: »
    .. or at least give us something "useful" in the starbase to spend the extra components on ... even if they are 1 time boons, and not even permanent rooms or such.
    *shrug*

That'd be cool, like, have the fleet dump 2500 of any component into a "room" that gives a fleet wide, 12h buff that increases the drop rate of components or something.
  • RaijinmeisterRaijinmeister ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ditto wrote: »
    *shrug*

That'd be cool, like, have the fleet dump 2500 of any component into a "room" that gives a fleet wide, 12h buff that increases the drop rate of components or something.

As much as this sound good will not address the problem and in the long term we will have the same scenario but now with buffs.

Rebalance the drop rate for emitters and the cost of the upgrades. Is not that hard and will fix the current and obnoxious situation we have now.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is intentional, of course. This way they can delay a permanent fix.
  • Ditto wrote: »
    *shrug*

As much as this sound good will not address the problem and in the long term we will have the same scenario but now with buffs.

Rebalance the drop rate for emitters and the cost of the upgrades. Is not that hard and will fix the current and obnoxious situation we have now.

The key difference is you can donate 2500 of ANY component (like those excess transparent aluminum or nanopolymers) rather than just recycling them in the replicator.

But yes, I don't really want more things to micromanage. I just want to be able to build our rooms.

The starbase is already gated by a maximum of 35000 donations a day. Balance around that.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, the drop rate on holoemitters is asinine. I get why they are a challenge, so that everyone doesn't magically have a level 100 star base in zero time. But at this point, looking at the drops in conjunction with how many you need at the upper levels, it is ridiculous.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • I'm sure that DB will engineer a way for us to get more holoemitters. It will probably involve spending dilithium..........
  • WrightWright ✭✭
    Completely agree. Admittedly I’d quite like to be able to move starbase donations - as much as we ask our fleets to donate to certain rooms, they don’t always. I’ve ended up with one room at 7000/10000 holoemitters and another at 3000/10000 and it stopping us upgrading a room.
  • Count23Count23 ✭✭✭
    The real problem is DB tied too many common item drops to away team missions and didn't spread them out properly. So players farming for character kit are spending more time and energy in the away missions, on top of poor drop rates.