Home The Bridge

Your pips are bad, and you should feel bad!

What do those x/5 pips actually represent? has anyone figured it out? how can i get some items at a much faster rate when they are a 2/5 pips...but have to warp 10 a 5/5 in order to get 1 item?

did you just wake up and thought "let's have a difficulty representation, but let's make it totally random! that should be fun!"

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refer to this thread in the old forums.

Short answer - the missions should be ordered by lowest average chron cost, which doesn't necessarily mean fewest runs.

However, it's been long known by the players at least that ship battles are never sorted first, even when they are the lowest average chron cost.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    Refer to this thread in the old forums.

Short answer - the missions should be ordered by lowest average chron cost, which doesn't necessarily mean fewest runs.

However, it's been long known by the players at least that ship battles are never sorted first, even when they are the lowest average chron cost.

that doesn't answer my question. because there are missions of lower pips with an actually higher drop rate than missions with 5 pips...so...wasgoinon?
  • that doesn't answer my question. because there are missions of lower pips with an actually higher drop rate than missions with 5 pips...so...wasgoinon?

Bad Development.

It will never be fixed.

Best to use the Wiki.

[QH] Hassinator
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It does $uck. There are items that show, I think, 2 pips (2* authorization code, Beyond the Call) and drop almost every single time. Then there are items with 4-5 pips that I don't see on a regular basis on 5+ runs of the mission. As mentioned, best to use the wiki for items / missions you aren't already familiar with or are unsure about.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes they should feel bad... but they don't.
  • I agree that it SHOULD matter.... if you have a game feature that shows supposed drop rates then have it be somewhat accurate instead of completely random and useless.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • After the recent layoffs, they are probably going to coast along in maintenance mode and this will never be fixed.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the recent layoffs, they are probably going to coast along in maintenance mode and this will never be fixed.

Lol I've been seeing this for a year before the layoffs... They didn't consider it an issue with a full house!
  • They don't care, They will just tell you it's random. Easy excuse for a broken system.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • This didn't feel like a high priority before the layoffs, and given how nearly everything else has gotten worse since the layoffs, doubt we will ever see a change.