Home The Bridge

Battle Arena Advancement

Has the leveling up in Battle Arena been changed to make it difficult to advance? It is taking forever to advance in any of the divisions. I am at a point where I just don't want to bother.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    There's only a certain amount of skill involved. If you hit that skill threshold, you can expect to win about 50% of your fights, thanks to lovely RNG.

Throw in the factors involved with certain ship matchups and the wildly inconsistent crew stats on them, that can skew the RNG even further towards the AI defender's advantage where you sometimes do everything perfectly right and still lose 10/10.

I personally stopped caring about the Arena and just spam the easiest battles so I can get the fight overwith in 12 seconds in the commander division (Admiral division fights are too long and tedious), and just hope I can get 15k in credits a few times per day when I hit first place.

If we actually had a chance at winning enough schematics to max out ships anymore, maybe it would be worth it to try harder. Un-maxed ships are worthless unless you are a noob that doesn't have any.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    al8j2evtlmrc.png

It takes time, but it can be done, pick a ship, learn how to use it, get the right crew and you will be fine. #1 in Capt and Adm as same time...still trying for all 3, I know it has been done, and I want to do it also :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only a certain amount of skill involved. If you hit that skill threshold, you can expect to win about 50% of your fights, thanks to lovely RNG.

Throw in the factors involved with certain ship matchups and the wildly inconsistent crew stats on them, that can skew the RNG even further towards the AI defender's advantage where you sometimes do everything perfectly right and still lose 10/10.

I personally stopped caring about the Arena and just spam the easiest battles so I can get the fight overwith in 12 seconds in the commander division (Admiral division fights are too long and tedious), and just hope I can get 15k in credits a few times per day when I hit first place.

If we actually had a chance at winning enough schematics to max out ships anymore, maybe it would be worth it to try harder. Un-maxed ships are worthless unless you are a noob that doesn't have any.

We all were noobs once. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena is just a continual befuddlement for me. Case in point: last week I was hitting on all cylinders, easily making my way back to the top spot in Admiral Division, and able to regain it a few days in a row; but the last 2 or 3 days, I can't seem to do anything right — following the same technique I've used many times before, I get denied time and time again, and only barely made my way into the top 1% yesterday.

qwrdnlwwuofl.gif

Too many players using the exact same ships with very similar (or identical, in the case of Commander Division) crew. As Speckles noted, skill can only get you so far — so make sure you give your rabbit's foot and four-leaf clover a kiss for luck before you begin. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same luck as @Data1001 recently - same matchups, same button sequencing, but I keep missing and they keep critical hitting and... poof.

As an aside, one other thing I notice is that your opportunity to try for the #1 ranking (or let's say top 5) is limited by your existing rank. And I don't mean jumping from 2000 to 1. I mean you can select a matchup for the top spot if you are ranked 100th, but if you are ranked 40th you can only select ships ranked in the teens. (I may have the exact numbers wrong here, but the concept is what matters.) Doesn't matter how many times you refresh - it cycles between 12th and 22nd (or whatever) but never gives rank 1 as an option. But if someone does you a favor by beating you and dropping back to 321st, by all means you can now challenge for first place. Am I the only one confused by this behavior?