Home Ready Room

Shuttles and Super Rares

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ready Room
I've been meaning to compile this for a while, I have extrapolated from the crew 100 list the top 18 (bar med) super rare crew and may make interesting review:

yexi7uwuwidk.png

Interesting observations:
ENG / SCI / MED still have crew with sub 1000 in base stats that being said ENG and SCI aren't too bad as there are 8 crew each around the 900 base stat ball park figure, whilst CMD only has 5.
Despite an influx of MED crew earlier this year it is disappointing that none hit the top 5 - I am surprised this was not taken in to consideration in the planning stages for new crew. This especially seems apparent when we look at Diplomacy and have a complete reverse scenario where 4 out of 5, relative or very recent, additions to the game hit the top 5 spot.

That also said MED, CMD, ENG seem to have the highest base rate attrition, closely followed by SCI.

Pulaski, Grad Burnham, The Clown, Robin Hood and Tsunkatse Seven, appear on the list in more than one Skill set perhaps indicating the most worth out of the super rares for shuttles. However this is by no means definitive as plenty have above average or better base rates for their secondary skills.

On a funny note how the [bleep bleep bleep] has Kelby got a higher base in ENG than Tucker (including North Star Tucker!) i'm sure that may have been mentioned before.

Feel free to comment on your observations and feelings on this.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    I don't want to rain on your parade here, but aren't all purples under 1000 in base stats? example, highest number on your chart has victorian Pulaski at 1104, but her base stat is really 986. star base and collections buffs are the only reason its over 1000 on any purple.

Granted the extra remains the same and consistent with the base stat. Meaning the gap between Pulaski and Troi is still going to be the same without buffed stats, but it just means that it becomes slightly misleading to say "ENG / SCI / MED still have crew with sub 1000 in base stats"

But aside from that, it's interesting to see a list of them laid out for comparison. Thanks for taking the time to do that.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @P-Rex i'm taking shuttle score as base not their absolute base stat, but yes essentially the list would be unchanged I believe.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see their "actual" bases on the left side by opening their details in-game. The actual bases would be more fitting for this list, I think. But it's a great list you put together there!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    On a funny note how the [bleep bleep bleep] has Kelby got a higher base in ENG than Tucker (including North Star Tucker!) i'm sure that may have been mentioned before.

The way I see the stats is that the base represents the ability to perform the basic tasks, as trained - basically following the manual. While the proficiency represents the ability for critical thinking and problem solving - those times when you need to throw the manual out of the airlock and come up with a different solution.

As such, the stats show that Kelby is a great technician, but Tucker is still a better Chief Engineer, even when he's wearing a cowboy outfit. (EV Suit Tucker and North Star Tucker both have better average total rolls and max total rolls than Kelby, while Mirror Tucker is slightly lower - but as we know, he was unmotivated and underappreciated in the Mirror Universe...)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »

The way I see the stats is that the base represents the ability to perform the basic tasks, as trained - basically following the manual. While the proficiency represents the ability for critical thinking and problem solving - those times when you need to throw the manual out of the airlock and come up with a different solution.

As such, the stats show that Kelby is a great technician, but Tucker is still a better Chief Engineer, even when he's wearing a cowboy outfit. (EV Suit Tucker and North Star Tucker both have better average total rolls and max total rolls than Kelby, while Mirror Tucker is slightly lower - but as we know, he was unmotivated and underappreciated in the Mirror Universe...)

I'm sold on this answer, good answer.