Home The Bridge

I Am Schmallen

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yep, that was me. In the event lead for two days. Of course I got tons of messages to join fleets but I got a few genuine people saying GO MAN GO!!! I opened up a 300,000 point lead. At that point I figured I would react. If the gap starts to shrink, widen it again. But alas the whales were not going to let me have my day. They held back waiting in the weeds. When they sensed I was tapped out, they swooped in for the kill. Then there is the trick of waiting to claim your rare rewards until the end I did not know about. I ended up finishing 8th. I'm still very proud that I competed with the Yankees of STT. And to all of you who sent me the GO MAN GO!!! Messages, I thank you for pulling for me.

Comments

• Congrats anyway, well done.

Would you have been in a (good) fleet, you would have known about the "trick" and strategies how to win a hybrid/galaxy though.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the shuttle tricks and perhaps one or two of my own. But you live and you learn. Someday....
  • I would think the best tip or strategy in order to win any event is an unlimited budget.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may need a new name like Bigggun to house that large score next time...
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    You may need a new name like Bigggun to house that large score next time...

aaahhhh I get exactly what your saying

C-Note wrote: »
    I would think the best tip or strategy in order to win any event is an unlimited budget.

Agreed. We can't all be Steinbrenner

• Capt. ObviousCapt. Obvious ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Speaking as one of the four SSR guys in Top10, no one thought you were weak and moved in for the kill. We just assumed you were saving rares like everyone else. :D

Also, we aren't a whale fleet.
    I'm glad you said this. That shows there is hope after all. I also feel this was an unusually high scoring event. Usually I only see two players crack a million
  • I'm glad you said this. That shows there is hope after all. I also feel this was an unusually high scoring event. Usually I only see two players crack a million

Voyages has changed the galaxy event meta. Expect to see similar scores for the next event.
    I'm glad you said this. That shows there is hope after all. I also feel this was an unusually high scoring event. Usually I only see two players crack a million

Voyages has changed the galaxy event meta. Expect to see similar scores for the next event.

Good point. Next one I'm just buying the event crew. Four days of that is too much of a grind

• IkritIkrit ✭✭✭

There was also a large number of characters giving out bonuses for this event. In addition to the typical 3 event crew (who have very high base, all the second-highest primary bases for their rarity), you also had T'Kuvma as event (who is at least 2 stars for everyone but 3 or 4 for the top players), the previous Discovery crew (First Officer Saru, Burnham, and Georgiou have very high base) and all of the Augments (a number of whom have rather high base, such as Wrathful Khan, RAF Bashir, and Joachim). Add in the fact that for most of the large, active fleets, starbases are getting completed, adding up to 5% to each base stat.
    Ikrit wrote: »

There was also a large number of characters giving out bonuses for this event. In addition to the typical 3 event crew (who have very high base, all the second-highest primary bases for their rarity), you also had T'Kuvma as event (who is at least 2 stars for everyone but 3 or 4 for the top players), the previous Discovery crew (First Officer Saru, Burnham, and Georgiou have very high base) and all of the Augments (a number of whom have rather high base, such as Wrathful Khan, RAF Bashir, and Joachim). Add in the fact that for most of the large, active fleets, starbases are getting completed, adding up to 5% to each base stat.

These are all good points as well. I have two augments. Others had maybe a dozen. I also didn't get a Burnhsm with the best chance pack

• Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been nice to see a non fleet member win. But there are strategies. Best of luck in the next events! :smile:

Trista
  • Well done all the same.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
    Thank you. I kinda felt like Cain from Kung Fu as a loner there
  • Good fight man!
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    Good fight man!

Thank you sir. I love to fight another day

• Then there is the trick of waiting to claim your rare rewards until the end I did not know about.

What trick is this?

• I say congrats on your hard work!
  • Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Then there is the trick of waiting to claim your rare rewards until the end I did not know about.

What trick is this?

It's saving all. Your rares for 1 shot at the very end but it usually done when there's a part 2 galaxy you hoard your rares. And exchange then in the last 15 minutes of. The event that way you get. Slightly more value out of them
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plasma wrote: »
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Then there is the trick of waiting to claim your rare rewards until the end I did not know about.

What trick is this?

It's saving all. Your rares for 1 shot at the very end but it usually done when there's a part 2 galaxy you hoard your rares. And exchange then in the last 15 minutes of. The event that way you get. Slightly more value out of them

Yes, and also if you're flirting with the top spots, refraining from turning the rare rewards in until just before the end of the event delays pushing others above you down any slots, thus giving them a false sense of security -- whereas otherwise they may have done a last-minute bit of spending to reattain their previous rank. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Plasma wrote: »
    I say congrats on your hard work!

Thank you. I will rise again!

• Yep, that was me. In the event lead for two days. Of course I got tons of messages to join fleets but I got a few genuine people saying GO MAN GO!!! I opened up a 300,000 point lead. At that point I figured I would react. If the gap starts to shrink, widen it again. But alas the whales were not going to let me have my day. They held back waiting in the weeds. When they sensed I was tapped out, they swooped in for the kill. Then there is the trick of waiting to claim your rare rewards until the end I did not know about. I ended up finishing 8th. I'm still very proud that I competed with the Yankees of STT. And to all of you who sent me the GO MAN GO!!! Messages, I thank you for pulling for me.

I was close to you for a day (as close as can be). Topped out at 3rd but finished at a lousy 13th ;)...
    Yep, that was me. In the event lead for two days. Of course I got tons of messages to join fleets but I got a few genuine people saying GO MAN GO!!! I opened up a 300,000 point lead. At that point I figured I would react. If the gap starts to shrink, widen it again. But alas the whales were not going to let me have my day. They held back waiting in the weeds. When they sensed I was tapped out, they swooped in for the kill. Then there is the trick of waiting to claim your rare rewards until the end I did not know about. I ended up finishing 8th. I'm still very proud that I competed with the Yankees of STT. And to all of you who sent me the GO MAN GO!!! Messages, I thank you for pulling for me.

I was close to you for a day (as close as can be). Topped out at 3rd but finished at a lousy 13th ;)...

It was disheartening to see people coming roaring up wasn't it? I've been up there on factions and expeditions but never a galaxy so it was a learning experience for me. Had I known the tricks and such I wonder if I would've ranked higher in the end. Like I said you live and you learn and bring that new knowledge to the next fight