Home The Bridge
Options

No luck on the Gauntlet?

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
I'm curious, what is the longest anyone has gone without winning a gauntlet character? I'm on 7,500 rounds and no Guinan or Caretaker. I get that the RNG can seem to be against you but is this common for alot of other players?

I finished the Guinan phase at 5000 rounds with no Guinan. Now at 2,500 for the caretaker and nothing to show :(

Comments

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I was luckier with guinan but still no caretaker and at 4000 rounds since the rotation. Won the gauntlet a few times and had streaks of over fifty.. It's totally random really just depressing that fleet mates are on their second. It takes the gloss of the gauntlet as I don't have any eng that can touch him (both sevens, gangster spock and borg laforge all fall short)
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I was luckier with guinan but still no caretaker and at 4000 rounds since the rotation. Won the gauntlet a few times and had streaks of over fifty.. It's totally random really just depressing that fleet mates are on their second. It takes the gloss of the gauntlet as I don't have any eng that can touch him (both sevens, gangster spock and borg laforge all fall short)

Yea :( i know how you feel. Had some people get caretaker within a week of rotation. And Eng is by far my weakest stat not only in the gauntlet but also overall. I definitely dont do as well as you in the Gauntlet. Normally a top 20 finisher and do streaks of 20. Think my max was 30

Fingers crossed. Hope to get him before he rotates out...
  • Options
    Got locutus early in gauntlet, since then nothing. No guinan and as of now no carertaker.
  • Options
    HomeboyHomeboy ✭✭
    I had 1 locu, 6 Guinans.. no sign of caretaker. Countless streaks and several wins. Squadmate got one from 3 win streak. Would be better if odds got better with stacking wins. Feels like waste of time to play gauntlet.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Homeboy wrote: »
    I had 1 locu, 6 Guinans.. no sign of caretaker. Countless streaks and several wins. Squadmate got one from 3 win streak. Would be better if odds got better with stacking wins. Feels like waste of time to play gauntlet.

Said the person who has won the legendary 6 times!

I have yet to win once and many of my fleet mates have got multiple copies
  • Options
    Never got Locutus despite playing from day 1 of Gauntlet and regularly pursuing streaks of 30+ and top 10 finishes.

But it's not really about how many rounds you play, but how many loot boxes you open. You could play hundreds of matches without opening a streak box depending on how DBNG breaks and how you select matches.

Depending on rank and character fatigue I may chase match selection with merit refreshes for matches 3, 6, 9, and 12. But there's something funny about streak matches...partly it could be possible defender bias in match results, but mostly in the match selection...the match selection algorithm is clearly weighted unfavorably. So mostly I play Gauntlet for merit drops and anything else I get is just a bonus.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was giving up on Guinan when I was at close to 7K with no Guinan, and the change was only a couple weeks away. Then I got her 2x back to back in two Gauntlets a day apart.

Don't give up!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. I managed to pull 4 Guinans (the first was in around 1100 rounds), but I have yet to get a Caretaker. I have a fleetmate that has a 4/5 Caretaker lol.
  • Options
    I don't count anything on the Gauntlet its a Crap shoot. If I didn't have so much time and $$$$ invested in the game and fantastic Fleet members...I would dump this in a heartbeat. If this game keeps going the way it has I may just have to cut my losses and friends and move on.