Home The Bridge
Options

Prakesh Schematics

I know most players who have been here for a while probably wouldn't even notice if it did, but did Prakesh schematics stop dropping?

Just noticed now that mine seems to be stuck on level 8 for quite some time now... it used to be my second-highest level ship, but I have since maxed the Cube, the Bounty and the evil Enterprise, but the Prakesh seems to be stagnating. It's no huge loss, except for a bit of AM on "Cardassian" voyages, but my completionist tendencies are nagging me to find out for sure...

It could be curious RNG, or I might have missed some announcement somewhere... just looking for confirmation.

Comments

• Options
    I know they're still in dabo, there were some in mine today but I don't pay attention to what schematics I get in packs until after the fact (and mine's maxed so it'd just be replicator fodder anyway) so I can't speak on that. Probably just RNG though, she's a cruel mistress.
  • Options
    P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    (that's good news, i'll look forward to seeing that.) Sorry was thinking about something else there, and can only find an edit not delete button.
  • Options
    P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    I got 450 in dabo a few days ago if that helps.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're definitely still around. Just RNG, I'm afraid.

From this morning, though:
    oqs89v449t5q.png
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    I slowed down considerably with them for a bit, but finished level 10 like the last week.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, just got some yesterday myself. But it's one of the rules of gaming: as soon as you need something, it suddenly becomes scarce — and once you no longer need it, it shows up constantly. :p

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Yep, just got some yesterday myself. But it's one of the rules of gaming: as soon as you need something, it suddenly becomes scarce — and once you no longer need it, it shows up constantly. :p

Oh...like Jazz musician Riker?
  • Options
    NoneNone ✭✭✭
    RNG can be a pain when it comes to the ships. It took me over a year to get enough schematics to even start the Original Enterprise.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone. I have also had it shown up once in Dabo since posting. Currently investigating the hypothesis that RNG drop rates are tied to forum posts... :D
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney ✭✭
    I have seen too many of them. I would think that the dabo wheel would have a bigger variety of schematics these days. It seems to be the same old ships all the time. How come this never changes DB?
  • Options

I'm convinced that DB RNG somehow reads my mind through my phone, and if I'm doing a pull, or running a mission for something as simple as 0* databases, it know that I need it and I'll go 3 runs without getting one. I know this is classic confirmation bias, but the mind reading is still my working theory.

Also, ever notice that when you need 4 of something, say clothing patterns, your runs will be like 1 clothing pattern, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0... and then when you need one more... 3? Like, it pinches you for one of the easiest items to acquire in the game and then as soon as you only need one more, it's like "Watch how angry I can make this dude."
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, ever notice that when you need 4 of something, say clothing patterns, your runs will be like 1 clothing pattern, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0... and then when you need one more... 3? Like, it pinches you for one of the easiest items to acquire in the game and then as soon as you only need one more, it's like "Watch how angry I can make this dude."

Haha, totally. Or when an ad-warp mission comes up short on a high chron-cost item I need, so I have to do a regular warp and suddenly it drops 3 of them... "It would've been nice if you'd done that on the free warp!" :D

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Also, ever notice that when you need 4 of something, say clothing patterns, your runs will be like 1 clothing pattern, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0... and then when you need one more... 3?

I've noticed the same, but slightly different. Say the average is one every two runs... I would get the first three in about six runs, sure. But the last one? Ten runs, minimum, just for that one. Of course, it might be two or three of them in that one run, indeed.

This may be happening when your scenario A and scenario B get together and spawn an evil offspring.
  • Options

Oh...like Jazz musician Riker?

I'm one Duras sister short of FFing their combined card, and it feels like they don't drop at all anymore.
  • Options
    I'm one Duras sister short of FFing their combined card, and it feels like they don't drop at all anymore.

I ended up using a blue citation for that one because I simply couldn't wait any longer. And it freed up two crew slots in one go.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »

I ended up using a blue citation for that one because I simply couldn't wait any longer. And it freed up two crew slots in one go.

Reminds me of a few months ago, when I was snagging and leveling any remaining cadets who I'd never immortalized... I think it was Dr Phlox, I kept one copy from a Voyage, figuring another would drop soon (since I'd seen him numerous times in the weeks prior to that), and I quickly got him FE. But... he wouldn't drop. Voyage after Voyage, and basic pull after basic pull, no dice. I strongly considered buying a citation for his 2nd star, as it was getting ridiculous. I thought better of it, however, and over a month later, I finally got him again.

• Options

Reminds me of a few months ago, when I was snagging and leveling any remaining cadets who I'd never immortalized... I think it was Dr Phlox, I kept one copy from a Voyage, figuring another would drop soon (since I'd seen him numerous times in the weeks prior to that), and I quickly got him FE. But... he wouldn't drop. Voyage after Voyage, and basic pull after basic pull, no dice. I strongly considered buying a citation for his 2nd star, as it was getting ridiculous. I thought better of it, however, and over a month later, I finally got him again.

Oh man, I've had the same on my 2nd account with Pazlar. Since I started the account shortly before the event that gave us Festive Dax I never needed her so now that I'm trying to finish the 2* collection, I'll get one, it'll sit for a bit until I need the slot, and then out the airlock she goes. Getting 2 close enough in time to fuse has been torture (and I've been not leveling the couple I needed to avoid exactly what happened to you, lol).
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Took me forever to get my first copy of Selar back in the early days.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I bought the last copy of B'Etor I needed from the Klingon faction store for the same reason. The only time I have ever spent dilithium there.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I usually wait until I have 2 or more of the stars before levelling anyone up that is 3* or 4* now. I have a bunch of crew slots dedicated to stockpiling cards until it is feasible to start levelling including several 3/4 knowing the 4th one is months away from circulation. When a new one comes in, I compare all the unlevelled cards and drop the worst. This way I don't get a logjam of 1/4* just sitting there taking up resources to level and using up a valuable crew slot.