Home Engineering Room
Options

Faction event VP changes?

I was discussing the shuttle vp amounts with my hubby yesterday and I’m quite certain that at that time, my (successfull) shuttles brought back 4000 vp. However this morning it’s down to 3500. Has something happened, can the shuttle vp rewards change during an event, or do I need a new set of glasses? 🤪
Anyone else seen something like this?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If a certain amount of your 4000 VP shuttles fail, you drop back to 3500 VP shuttles. (I'm sure someone else will chime in with the exact numbers of the fail/succeed ratio.) Each successively higher level of VP is also a higher level of difficulty, so you'll probably bounce back up to 4000 again.

As to whether you need a new set of glasses, I can't comment. :p

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    If a certain amount of your 4000 VP shuttles fail, you drop back to 3500 VP shuttles. (I'm sure someone else will chime in with the exact numbers of the fail/succeed ratio.) Each successively higher level of VP is also a higher level of difficulty, so you'll probably bounce back up to 4000 again.

As to whether you need a new set of glasses, I can't comment. :p

Never fear, I am here to prove Data correct, and chime in with the exact numbers for the fail/succeed ratio.

A success is a +1, a failure is a -1.5.

The following table is pretty helpful:
    vh8noivz5vt5.jpeg
  • Options
    OK thanks people. Unfortunately my crew isn’t very strong so my fails are rising despite boosts. I didn’t know about this. I’m glad my glasses are okay 😂
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    One tactic to stay at 4K shuttles is to open some extra transmissions as insurance, as they have the point value of the number of successes when opened. If your first run of 4K shuttles comes in as mostly fails three hours later and you drop to 3.5K shuttles, you can run the old 4K ones and if they are successful jump back up. This has saved my butt in past events more than once.

Keep in mind that if you select and only run the same four transmissions you'll have to run different ones to attempt to rise back up, but you are more likely to have extra transmissions open anyway.