Home The Bridge
Options

Double up offer

I was surprised today when I got EV Suit Archer and got the double up offer. About 24 hours ago, I spent $50 on Captain Killy and used the Double up on her. Now I got a double up on Archer as well.

Comments

• Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    With people willing to dump 25 per star, I wonder why they don't remove the cool down completely.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    It would be helpful to know if there is a knew cool down timer or none.

My guess is that the cool down timer is still there just 24 hours or less.
    When we get lucky and get more than one legendary in a pack I do not think they want it triggering for each one.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know from one of the developers or responsibles if this is the "new working as intended" DYC offer or if this is just a temporary bug which is gunna be "fixed" in the next patch again.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know from one of the developers or responsibles if this is the "new working as intended" DYC offer or if this is just a temporary bug which is gunna be "fixed" in the next patch again.

Considering they never actually confirmed the 72 hour Cooldown and just said triggering it was random chance, good luck with confirmation of 24 hours being the new Cooldown.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    On my other account I still got Archer in mail. Tomorrow after Killy triggers DYC. I will wait 12 hrs. and see.

On my main I will wait 24 hrs to claim Killy tomorrow. For me I will need to wait until 1 pm CST before claiming Killy (reminder for myself)

Update: did not get Killy DYC offer after 24 hrs and 15 minutes. I am on IPhone.
    Claimed Killy on my IPad so now waiting on claiming Archer. But I am thinking of waiting 28 hrs now.

Forgot restart ap. Did get offer. So now will be checking 12 hours.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Considering they never actually confirmed the 72 hour Cooldown

This is incorrect. Shan confirmed the 72-hour cooldown period (on the old forum).

Shan wrote:
    First off I would like to point back to what Nod said on this same subject in January: https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/59981/P30/#316871

Now to clarify a few points:
    - getting a double offer is not guaranteed
    - the current cooldown is 72 hours, this could change at some point, and it does not mean that after 72 hours you will automatically get a double offer
    - whether or not an offer is triggered is NOT something CS can control
    - CS can also NOT do anything about the cooldown

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not imagining things then.

I got the DYC offer about a day and a half prior to getting that email and got it again with the email. So it sounds like they did drop it to 24 hours unless they intentionally reset it for everyone thinking a lot of people would buy the offer with him being event crew.
  • Options
    middleheadmiddlehead ✭✭✭
    I just got a doubling offer for Tilly after getting a doubling Saturday night, so it does seem that it's at least down to 24 hours.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be good for some DB Commentary here, as to if this is by designed and should be expected to continue or an oops that they will correct.
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    I claimed Archer around 16:00 EST which triggered a DYC. And I did not get the DYC for Killy just now (at 12:05 EST). So looks like the timer is at least 20 hours.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »
    I claimed Archer around 16:00 EST which triggered a DYC. And I did not get the DYC for Killy just now (at 12:05 EST). So looks like the timer is at least 20 hours.

If you actually planned to buy the DYC, I'm sure customer support will reset Killy for you so it triggers. Just don't level her up at all, they'll likely mess that up.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited 3 days after the original Tilly event to ensure the double up (my reward put her at 3*, and 100K honor is a lot to commit) and it did not trigger and even with asking nicely and a bit of begging, I was told thats the way the cookie crumbles and they would and could not force a trigger. I would not bank on getting CS to push through the deal now, either.
  • Options
    [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Deleted
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    I also got two double up offers within 24 hours of each other.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Okay 1:23 pm CST no double up offer for Killy 24 hrs plus 15 minutes.

This could be the randomness or could be different on IPhone.
    Does not matter to me was not planning to buy.
    Now on my other account should I wait 28 hrs.

Just claimed Killy on my other account on IPad. So about 1:22pm CST. Now I wait to claim EV Suit Archer.

Edit: I did buy the Archer DYC this may mean I have to wait 72 hrs.

I did get offer forgot to restart ap.
    So about 1:22 am CST I will claim Archer on my other account. This will be for 12 hours plus a few minutes.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got another DYC offer today, less than 48 hours after the last one and that one less than 48 hours after the one before that. It's definitely a feature. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sounds like it probably is about 24 hrs. But still random on whether you get it or not.

They may have predicted I was not buying it. And did not give it to me😉

Edit: I did buy the DYC yesterday. Maybe two timers one for buying one for not.

I did get offer 24.25 hours after other offer. I forgot to restart ap.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    If they halved it, it could be 36 hours now... which would fit the observations of most who have posted here.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Is it possible that buying the offer, you wait 72 hrs. And not buying 24 hrs.?

I forgot to restart ap did get offer after buying previous. It was 24.25 hours between offers.
  • Options
    middleheadmiddlehead ✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Is it possible that buying the offer, you wait 72 hrs. And not buying 24 hrs.?

No, I got a doubling Saturday night that I took then, got an offer for Tilly this morning. 35ish hours.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ya I made an error I forgot to restart ap. I did get the DYC for Killy.
    Now all my messages on it I need to re-edit.

So 24 hours plus 15 minutes after getting offer for EV Suit Archer which I did buy, I got the offer for Killy.

On my other account 12 hrs did not trigger it. I waited until the Killy offer disappeared and an extra couple of minutes. Then I got Archer from the in game message. I restarted a few times to make sure. But DYC did not trigger. Still no guarantee that it is not 12 hours.But most likely that it is 24 hrs now.