Home The Bridge

How is it best to spend your Honor after the first 103,500?

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
Let's assume you decided you really wanted to get Kahless the Unforgettable as well as Stargazer Picard, and so that was how you used your initial 103,500 Honor. Now as your Honor amount grows again, what would be the best way for you to spend it? Which option in the Honor Hall do you think gives the best value?

How is it best to spend your Honor after the first 103,500? 75 votes

Legendary Honorable Citations (50,000 each) - to add stars to existing 5* crew members
61%
sorinevJeanLucKirk<TGE> DangerDrake/SSR/ Captain S'log[NDQ] MALDIThe FishCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAM[GoT] jess-gayDpmt[DB:DB] DebXoiikuMordackCaptain LostCapt. ChaosMagisseGAWA[TUFG] SiguardCSMone01Kaitee 46 votes
1x Legendary Beholds (45,000 each) - to either get another star for an existing 5*, or acquire a new 5
22%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ëizausomeeXo|cuzspicyCaptainUnderpantsJamesdumIkriteXo | das411[Sushi] Ootoro[EV3] grunt lifeSeveralBillionMilesIrial12345678 of 123456789Banjo1012al103bowdy[KM] PhelanJoeSage2 17 votes
Super Rare Honorable Citations (18,000 each) - to complete fusing 4* crew members
10%
AviTrekmilamber42MatticusMcGrizzledAlloyIVCaptain QVyger_Borg[|YoH|] Ashvoyager 8 votes
Rare Honorable Citations (4,500 each) - to complete fusing 3* crew members
0%
Other - please specify in a Comment
5%
Peachtree RexZombie Squirrel Commander Sinclair(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••] 4 votes

Comments

• Legendary Honorable Citations (50,000 each) - to add stars to existing 5* crew members
    Unless you're starved for 5s cards, and if you've passed the 100k mark that seems unlikely, the citations seem to be the most practical way to go. Beholds have a bit too much RNG to know you're going to get something useful, Super Rare and Honorable citations have dropped in value since those cards can now be found, albeit rarely, in Voyages.

Training is the only thing, outside of citations, that I will spend honor on, and that's in a pretty rare case (usually after event crew burn through my stockpile). In most cases, I'd rather add another star to one of my 5s cards, especially if I've got something sitting at 4/5.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legendary Honorable Citations (50,000 each) - to add stars to existing 5* crew members
    5* citations make the most sense, as you'll get the biggest bang for your buck. I'd also consider 4* citations for particularly strong crew.
  • Legendary Honorable Citations (50,000 each) - to add stars to existing 5* crew members
    5* citation only
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think it all depends on your crew and where you are in the game overall. Some 5*'s aren't necessarily worth a citation if it doesn't improve your overall roster while 1 or 2 citations on the right 4* may give you a new top 4 crew member. I've been doing 5* citations, but that might not be the best way to go for everyone.
    5* citations for the best of your legendary crew. 4*s are fine for the more OP crew. I'm thinking about upgrading Princess Dax to 4/4 after Kahless. 5* beholds are the most fun though IMO.
    I don't know... part of the problem with how honor costs are spiked in this game is that the only way to get to the very highest reaches of honor is to open your wallet. As soon as you do that, you're likely getting the cards you need in the 5s range to do nearly anything, and 4s cards become pretty niche. There are specific mission that call for them once, or the sad reality that 4s Medical cards are better than nearly all of the 5s ones in the Gauntlet, but otherwise, my 4s cards are what hold the lowest utility after I grew up the rest of my roster.
  • 1x Legendary Beholds (45,000 each) - to either get another star for an existing 5*, or acquire a new 5
    I've done two 5* beholds. I have had a hard time deciding which of my unfused 5* crew should get a new star, and I like surprises. I don't have any FF 5*. If I did, I might think differently.
  • 1x Legendary Beholds (45,000 each) - to either get another star for an existing 5*, or acquire a new 5
    I like doing Legendary Beholds. I only have a couple FF 5*s so its very unlikely I'd pull a behold with all duplicates. Also, it's more fun to leave a bit of it to chance.

Though I'm not opposed to finishing off a 4/5 with a citation either.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    5* citations for the current mega-event meta-character(T'Kuvma, sadly) or the 3rd star for a base stat heavy 5 star character would be my suggestion. I've spent honor on blue citations to combine Duras sisters to free up space, but now that they're ff'd all my honor will go into 5* citations.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a citation for stranded Odo in order to finish him yesterday. Today I bought Kahless a third star. With voyages, he's become more valuable to me.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please specify in a Comment
    Hoard it all to earn the title of "Most Honorable"
    i like the 5* behold option because i save 5K in honor and with the amount of 5*s I have that need stars I'm likely to get one that i already have. my last one, i decided to go with someone i didn't have because i wanted Mademoiselle de Neuf.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really depends on what I need but it is definitely between 4 and 5* citations.
    Because I don't have a strong MED or ENG crew, I have used citations on whomever in those categories can up my skill set best.
    So I have gotten 4* citations 3 times so far for my Katra McCoy to get him from 1/4 to 4/4.
    Then I have gotten 5* citations to use on my 3/5 Mobile Doctor to make him 4/5, and my 2/5 Tempted Data to make him 3/5.
    I am considering using my next one for Data again, but likely I will use one for Guinan at some point because getting her in the gauntlet is not a high chance.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1x Legendary Beholds (45,000 each) - to either get another star for an existing 5*, or acquire a new 5
    I have done two 5* beholds so far and gotten Opaka and Daystrom, who are decent in gauntlet but not high on my to-work-on list...my plan is to keep pulling 5* beholds until i land Moset, who is the last specific person i need to hit a node (the MED + Exobio one), and then start on citations.

Related note: isn't it amazing how much faster the honor keeps rolling in thanks to voyages? Instead of the previous 770 per day from the daily missions, now it's more like 1500 and on a good day maybe even 2000 per day..i'd say that is something they have Done Better!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used a 4 star once 'cause I was strapped for slots and needed to vault someone I had FE. Otherwise 5* citations. I FFed Klingon Bride Jadzia -- -was both a help in crew stats and a morale booster. (When I got married, some of the Klingon narration from the ceremony was worked into our vows.)
    I'm going for 5 * citations at this point.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Other - please specify in a Comment
    Get kahless!! Beast for gauntlet! And adding stars to current crew doesn't help in gauntlet.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on your situation. If you have a lot of good crew to level already or if you don't have much space for additional crew, then getting 5* Citations may be the best way to go. If you don't really have any crew to level (for example, until the end of this past event, I was focused on immortalizing existing 4*s (aka getting the "worthless" items to finish them) because I only have 1/4s and 2/4s that aren't good for the gauntlet and therefore not worth leveling yet) or you feel that there is an area where you lack (like DIP base stat or SCI gauntlet), then go for the 5* Behold. If you get choices you already have, then you can just add a star. There are only a handful of 5*s that are bad at 1/5 (Grand Nagus Rom and Captain Scott come to mind).

Now, if you are a whale or already have a lot of 5*s, then the citation might be the way to go. For someone like me, who is still using mostly 4/4s for shuttle missions and has quite a few 1/5s, I'm always looking for more 5*s (there are a few characters I want as well). The 5*s with higher base are definitely worthwhile to me at 1/5, and there are still some holes in my gauntlet roster.
  • Other - please specify in a Comment
    I voted "Other", as I would (and am planning to) get 1 x Legendary Citation to FF one of my 5* crew, and 2 x Super Rare Citations to FF 2 of the 4* crew. And A Stargazer Picard for fun! ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have a hard time with spending 50000 honor only to have to throw a legendary pull away for 550 honor because that was the one I fully fused.
    I used to say super rare citations, but I have so many super rare now it doesn’t matter. Still might apply for an intermediate player.

Legendary behold would be good if u have no leg worth upgrading.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    5* citations seem like smart choice, you choose who to use them on so you know exactly what benefit it will be. I've taken beholds a couple of times but really just for the glee of getting to choose someone new. I've got quite a few now sitting on 1/5 lvl1 so the citations for ones I've levelled make a lot more sense now.

I have bought lower citations but really just because I'm impatient. Got a couple of 3* ones just to help finish off the Duras Sisters.