Home The Bridge
Options

Item quantities

When clicking on an item, it would be great to know how many of this item/character/schematic/trainer/etc I had in my inventory. It would be useful in situations when seeing some of the more difficult items to buy or what missions to run knowing what to do. e.g. In a faction store and you see something you only get here or on a faction mission, you could easily decide if you wanted to spend merits on. Another example would be the daily missions...you could decide what mission to run based on what "rare" reward(s) you had the least or most of.

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    There is a thread suggesting this already in Make It So, where suggestion threads belong, if I recall correctly.

Edit: I found it.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1875/equipment-component-counters
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney ✭✭
    Cool, thanks. I searched and got no results. I'm, obviously, no expert here.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forum search is pretty bad. Much of the time it doesn't bring up what you are looking for, even when you know it's there. If I'm serious about finding something on the forum, I tend to use Google with their 'site search' feature: after your search terms, type "site:forum.disruptorbeam.com" (without the quotation marks), and it will give you a lot more hits. You can even search the old STT forums that way, just replace "forum" with "forums" in that URL.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    The forum search is pretty bad. Much of the time it doesn't bring up what you are looking for, even when you know it's there. If I'm serious about finding something on the forum, I tend to use Google with their 'site search' feature: after your search terms, type "site:forum.disruptorbeam.com" (without the quotation marks), and it will give you a lot more hits. You can even search the old STT forums that way, just replace "forum" with "forums" in that URL.

Sure hope I can find this post later when I'm searching for it. ;)
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forum search is pretty bad.

In my experience, the forum search is pretty good. In this case, a search for "item count" turns up a relevant post on result 3 (one of yours, actually).
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is soooooo badly needed and so easy to do, I can't believe that this QOL improvement wasn't done long ago.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    The forum search is pretty bad.

In my experience, the forum search is pretty good. In this case, a search for "item count" turns up a relevant post on result 3 (one of yours, actually).

All I know is I've had quite a few experiences where I decided to give it a go, and it came up short with zero results — followed by a quick Google site search for the same terms that brought up at least a dozen hits. Only rarely has the built-in search found what I wanted. For one thing, if you're looking for a phrase, it has to be the exact phrase to bring up anything in forum search. For example, "forum search is pretty bad" (without the quotes) brings up this thread, but "forum search is bad" (again, sans quotes) brings up nothing. Google is, of course, far better at this sort of thing.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"