Home The Bridge
Options

Stand by Me pack

Never had this happen before. Pretty sweet.

7hehzwx34lrd.png

Comments

• Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. If one of the Jadzias was a Keiko you'd have all 3. :)
  • Options
    O'Brien is his Prisoner version with Demon-Possessed Keiko.. real subtle DB :D
    [9RS | Combs] Kilana
    9RS fleet is recruiting, PM me for more information!
  • Options
    I bought a 10 pack and ended up with Culber, who I really wanted, so I was happy.
  • Options
    q5a0zcs6y5tg.gif

Congrats though. Probability is not my bag but I’d be interested to know what the actual odds are of this happening
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    For 3 or more legendaries the odds are just 120* 0.0127*0.0127*0.0127=0.000246
    Or 1 in 4068. But this is not for specific crew or for only 3 legendaries
    (Again above was corrected)

A little harder to explain, so I will only show result and a little of calculation.
    120*(0.0127)^^3 * (0.9873)^^7 = 0.000225 or 1 in 4449 ( this has been edited and corrected)

To only get three legendaries

Okay let’s try to explain. The cube in the equation represents only getting 3 legendaries the part raised to the seventh means 7 others that are not legendary. There are 120 possibilities in ten pulls with that combination. That all multiplied together is the odds.

I will not bother with specific three because I do not know if other legendaries are also possible.

Edit: not quite right. My first calculation is not factoring in ten pulls. It may need to be multiplied by 10. Neither results seem right I used my above equation for only getting three legendaries with 4 pulls and the odds got better.

Edit2: seems like my equation for just three legendaries is correct. But using my calculator incorrectly is giving wrong result.

Edit3: looks like top equation should be multiplied by the 120. And that will correct it.
    Basically says there are a total of 120 possible ways to have 3 legendaries in ten pulls and not caring what the other 7 are. ( basically 1 raised to the seventh power which is still one)

In the end I am somewhat surprised I was expecting more like my wrong results. This really is not that extreme. Still to get a pull like this you would on the average have done over about 4000.

I now realize that without multiplying the first equation by 120 I was actually calculting the odds of pulling three legendaries in three pulls.
  • Options

7hehzwx34lrd.png

Would love to see that on a pull when I needed the 5* crew. That pull would be 2250 honor for me since I have 5/6 in the pack fffe.

qskpga4r3q9y.jpeg
  • Options
    [10F] Newt wrote: »

7hehzwx34lrd.png

Would love to see that on a pull when I needed the 5* crew. That pull would be 2250 honor for me since I have 5/6 in the pack fffe.

qskpga4r3q9y.jpeg

The 2nd Jadzia was honor since I had her 4/5 FE. Never thought I would get 2.
  • Options
    Congrats on your pull.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to take a bite, as I need everyone but Stamets who just came off of being the daily freebie...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Plain Simple Garak, when you mentioned this result in fleet chat, I assumed you'd pulled the 6500 Dil pack. That would have been impressive enough, but to get this result from a 650 Dil pack... I bow to your skills with RNG!
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my pull from that pack this morning. Ticket sent.
    w6fzbuv0u0at.png
    Notice anything missing, like the featured crew?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my pull from that pack this morning. Ticket sent.
    w6fzbuv0u0at.png
    Notice anything missing, like the featured crew?

Did the Archer come up in a behold? If so, then one of the other two was your featured event crew. Happens all the time. Lucky, in fact, when it does.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes, so right, one of the others was supposed to be my featured. I had sworn off buying packs since I am only missing five purples and got tired of honor airlock. I actually have a spot for Archer, but I want a shot at the featured.
  • Options
    I was excited to give this precisely 1 week of my card and no more, because I had two of the four-stars already immortalized, Worf and Stamets. Well, of course I wound up with Stamets. But the worst part was it came in the last slot. No behold! Just a crew member I already own.

(And yes, I know, serves me right and all that. Save your comments. I only gave it my 1 card pull this week.)
  • Options
    4b3x2kawyb79.jpg

Not too bad for one pull considering I was just hoping for NOT Stamets. The Worf came in a behold, but the other choices were already FF/FE. That's the last star for him.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, so right, one of the others was supposed to be my featured. I had sworn off buying packs since I am only missing five purples and got tired of honor airlock. I actually have a spot for Archer, but I want a shot at the featured.

If you had the chance of the featured crew in a behold but decided against choosing them why would you raise a ticket?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I love how this pack features couples — Culber+Stamets, Worf+Jadzia, Keiko+Miles — but none of them are standing next to each other. You were kinda being sarcastic calling it "Stand By Me", eh DB? ;)

Don't stand so close to me.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

If one of the 3 choices in your behold was one of the featured crew then you got your guarantee. You making the choice to take someone different instead of selecting the featured crew was, well, your choice. You got exactly what they guaranteed but made the personal decision to decline the featured crew.

The CSR will be able to see exactly which 3 crew were offered in the behold since all of that information is stored.

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry two people commented on you. But both missed the word "supposed"
    I read it as the other two were not featured. I have not been in this boat. Not sure what happens. Do you get your choice of any of the crew including legendary?