Home Ready Room
Options

Faction event fast start/quick start method

I have heard many references to this but I am a newer player so I don't know exactly how to do the fast start/quick start approach. Can someone give me a description of what it is and how to do it ?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm not going to repeat it here, as there have been numerous threads already written on this topic. Please see below...

From March 17: Kickstart Ideas for 12 Missions

From January 25: Faction Event Strategies...

And as to what it is, it's merely a way to get to the high VP missions as quickly as possible, and earning as much VP as possible while doing it — all in the first moments of the event. If you don't use this method at the very beginning of a Faction event, then it's not really worth doing it at all.

Edit: Added an additional thread from earlier this year, which details the 10-transmission-per-faction method, and removed the first two entries, which didn't have much helpful info. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    @Data1001 Some of the events have been put back to 10 missions per faction though right?

@Muffan I use the kickstart cause it's pretty easy and convenient for me (since I'm in Korea and the events don't begin in the middle of the work day) but even if you don't kickstart, you can still achieve all of the threshold rewards and place relatively decently in the ranks.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the events have been put back to 10 missions per faction though right?

In case they hit us with one of those again, I edited my original reply to add a link to a thread which has info on how to approach an event with 10 transmissions per faction.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    In case they hit us with one of those again, I edited my original reply to add a link to a thread which has info on how to approach an event with 10 transmissions per faction.

I swear it keeps changing. Last week was 6, but a few weeks ago I know I saw 10 on a 3 faction event. Or maybe I'm just getting old and can't remember anything. Although I seem to have no problem whatsoever remembering all the lyrics to Ric Astley songs that are 35 years old.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
  • Options
    [ISA] Raven[ISA] Raven ✭✭✭
    When they rerun an event which had 10 shuttle missions.. it will have 10 again.
    any "new" events have the reduced 6 mission/faction profile.
  • Options
    When they rerun an event which had 10 shuttle missions.. it will have 10 again.
    any "new" events have the reduced 6 mission/faction profile.

That makes a lot of sense. I somehow feel dumber for not thinking of that. Haha

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muffan, since you are a new player - after reading about the technique, consider whether your crew and resources are ready to try it. If you do it "correctly", you will need a decent number of time boosts, although this is optional for the primary purpose (getting to 4000 pt missions with the least grinding possible). The more important issue is whether your crew is good enough to get you decent percentages after the kickstart. Example: in a 3-faction event, you do a 29 shuttle kickstart and then the next 4 missions are at the 2250 point difficulty. If you've never reached that level before, or if you have but your % are usually below 50%, you might not want to bother since you may just spend the next wave or two failing back to a level you can sustain. In that case, it might be more rewarding to succeed your way up to 1200-1500 rather than failing at 2250-1800.
  • Options
    Example: in a 3-faction event, you do a 29 shuttle kickstart and then the next 4 missions are at the 2250 point difficulty.

I agree with you that sometimes it's more advantageous to just work your way up, but since this is a new event, the shuttles will probably be limited to 6 per faction, making it a 17 shuttle kickstart and putting the next VP level at around 1800. This might be easier for new players who may be able to sustain this level.

As a newer player, I remember being able to sustain at 2750, and even 3500 on a good event, and this was before mega events with all the free legendaries.