Home Make It So!
Options

Distinguish Favorites from Locked Crew

I put a little heart on any crew I have who is not immortalized in order to prevent myself from accidentally airlocking them (as has happened in the past), and I'd rather be able to just put a lock on these characters and only use the heart for the 2 or 3 characters I'm trying to level at the moment. I have an increasing number of non-FF 4* and 5* crew taking up the top of my roster who I never use for anything and who I do not need to see every day.

Comments

• Options
    +1 yes, agreed. So you can, for example, lock your choice of minimum cadet challenge crew without them being at the top of the crew lost
  • Options
    I choose to simply level mine once. This way, I know all crew of level 2 or higher, I dont want to airlock. It serves the same purpose, but lets you keep the "favorites" for something else.
  • Options
    I choose to simply level mine once. This way, I know all crew of level 2 or higher, I dont want to airlock. It serves the same purpose, but lets you keep the "favorites" for something else.

My issue is that I already know which ones I don't want to airlock. I want a mechanism to prevent me from doing so accidentally I sometimes did before the "favorites" were introduced.
  • Options
    Skizzy wrote: »
    My issue is that I already know which ones I don't want to airlock. I want a mechanism to prevent me from doing so accidentally I sometimes did before the "favorites" were introduced.

So spend one single trainer on each of those chars, and you can instantly see (and NOT airlock) a crewman who has level 2 or higher.
    Agreed, it wont make it IMPOSSIBLE to airlock a char, but you WILL be able to distinguish between keepers and others, regardless of your sort order, as the undecided ones will be level 1.
  • Options

So spend one single trainer on each of those chars, and you can instantly see (and NOT airlock) a crewman who has level 2 or higher.
    Agreed, it wont make it IMPOSSIBLE to airlock a char, but you WILL be able to distinguish between keepers and others, regardless of your sort order, as the undecided ones will be level 1.

Okay, but that's not the problem which I was trying to address, and I frankly don't even understand the problem your solution is trying to solve. As I've said twice already, this is to prevent the accidental airlocking of characters which I already know I do not want to airlock. This is problem I've had in the past, and my current solution is to put a little favorite heart on everyone I do not want to accidentally airlock. I would prefer to use the favorites function to put a small number of crew at the top of my roster, but I cannot because most of my crew is favorited so that they cannot be airlocked. I do not airlock anyone unless they are a duplicate, so everyone is either airlocked immediately or I keep them at least until I can cryo them.
  • Options

Okay, but that's not the problem which I was trying to address, and I frankly don't even understand the problem your solution is trying to solve. As I've said twice already, this is to prevent the accidental airlocking of characters which I already know I do not want to airlock. This is problem I've had in the past, and my current solution is to put a little favorite heart on everyone I do not want to accidentally airlock. I would prefer to use the favorites function to put a small number of crew at the top of my roster, but I cannot because most of my crew is favorited so that they cannot be airlocked. I do not airlock anyone unless they are a duplicate, so everyone is either airlocked immediately or I keep them at least until I can cryo them.

Maybe You are not explaning what you need it for well enough....

Lets take an example. I have 197/200 crew slots and all of the chars I have on hand, are the ones I do not want to accidentally airlock (my "keepers"). So in YOUR scenario, you would favorite all 197 chars on hand. In MY scenario I would make sure all 197 chars on hand are levelled to at least level 2.

Now, we go and buy a 10 premium pull. Lets say we get 8 chars. Now we are at 205/200 chars. In your scenario, you are seeing 197 as favorites, 8 as "not". Then you have to do "whatever" to get down to less than 200 chars. You do that by airlocking or fusing at least 5 of the chars that are not favorited.

In MY scenario, we see 8 new chars that are level 1. So when we need to pick at least 5 chars that needs to be airlocked, we choose between the 8 that are level 1, instead of the 8 that are not favorited...

Unless you are playing the game blindfolded, and do not look at what you airlock, I frankly dont see a difference. Except I get to use the favorite function for favorites, instead of for "do not airlock"
  • Options
    I have airlocked characters by accident which I had no intention of airlocking. I'm not sure what is hard to understand about this.
  • Options
    Re-reading your posts, I think maybe you think I am talking about clicking a character on purpose to airlock them then realizing that I didn't actually want to airlock them. This is not what I'm talking about.
    The first time this happened, I was in the middle of leveling 2* Trip for an event, and around level 80 he just disappeared from my crew quarters. I contacted CS, and they said I had airlocked him. I do not know how or why it happened, but it did, and that's what I'm talking about preventing.
  • Options
    I believe this would be a beneficial feature which players could choose to use if they wish to.
  • Options
    Ok, so you are playing the game blindfolded :)
    Normally, I would never airlock anyone at level 80. Presumably you wouldn't either, but you did anyway, because you were unable to distinguish between your "airlockables" and your "keepers". My method will help you to make that distinction. But you can do your own experiences on this...

There is, however, already a "recover from accidental airlocking" button (reenlistment), that lets you recover your crew if you accidentally airlocked...
    q8sjv4yta8e6.jpg

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't get the proposed feature. I'm all for developing the game. But the reasoning behind wanting said feature, seems to be already covered ?

Perhaps, what would be more usefull, to more people, would be the ability to group your chars, like a colorcoding, or naming, or something like that. This way you can group together all of your "train now", all of your "fuse ASAP" and "ship/event/cadet crew", so you end up with a pile of "rest", that you can freeze or airlock at your convenience ?
  • Options
    I have used the reenlistment feature, but my fear with the reinlistment feature is that I would inadvertently airlock someone and not realize it soon enough to reenlist that character.

And again, it seems I have explained myself poorly. I am not talking about airlocking a character on purpose who I did not intend to airlock. It wasn't that I couldn't distinguish between the Trip I was working on and some other characters. I am saying that I wasn't airlocking anyone at the time. I was working on Trip when suddenly he went missing. I know the whole two-step process of dismissal is designed to prevent this, but it did not for whatever reason.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got your back, Skizzy. ;) Airlocking someone by accident is indeed easy to do, especially when you've just opened a bunch of packs and have a lot of fodder to eject into space. So far I haven't permanently done this, but I've put someone there by mistake and realized within moments, then reenlisted them from the holding cell. I also would be in favor of a locking feature for crew that you don't want to favorite.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"