Home Make It So!
Options

50% crew slot sale please

We are roughly half way through the year and we are about to have our 2nd Mega Event. So can we have a 50% crew slot please.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout a half price honor hall sale.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    How bout a half price honor hall sale.

Now you're talking.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    How eerie. It's like you can see the future. Did you happen to fall through a temporal anomaly recently?
  • Options
    Hi there it’s great to see 50% of crew slots but I don’t understand is it normally cost 2500 dilithium but when I buy a crew slot it’s like 1500 dilithium how does that work out isn’t half of 2500 , 1250 and not 1500 or is it some clever wording which means not 50% off ?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there it’s great to see 50% of crew slots but I don’t understand is it normally cost 2500 dilithium but when I buy a crew slot it’s like 1500 dilithium how does that work out isn’t half of 2500 , 1250 and not 1500 or is it some clever wording which means not 50% off ?

Your last purchase may have been at 2450 Dilithium, but after that, every subsequent purchase is (normally) priced at 3000 Dil. This page details the info:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crew#Unlocking_slots

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Wow this is just insane when do I reach the top of the pyramid $60 for five crew slots this would have to be the most expensive game I’ve ever played in 40 years is no chance of buying any pre-packs when the slots are so expensive considering the game is fun but gets quite boring after awhile that’s a lot of money to spend just slots I think that’s it I’m tapping out what a shame I may be Trekkie but there is so much better value for money out there
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Wow this is just insane when do I reach the top of the pyramid $60 for five crew slots this would have to be the most expensive game I’ve ever played in 40 years is no chance of buying any pre-packs when the slots are so expensive considering the game is fun but gets quite boring after awhile that’s a lot of money to spend just slots I think that’s it I’m tapping out what a shame I may be Trekkie but there is so much better value for money out there

I agree it's too much to spend. And I don't happen to believe extra crew slots are necessary past a certain point. I stopped buying any more after a few purchases with Dilithium (and as it turns out, I really didn't even need to buy those). With the newest 5-slot gift, I currently have 215 slots, and 45 of those are empty. I have immortalized over 300 unique crew, but I don't keep everybody that I acquire, and I freeze those who I don't regularly use. With that mindset, one can easily get to the point where they always have a lot of empty slots available, like me. (On the other hand, if one intends to play the game with a "gotta catch 'em all" point of view, then that will cost you. And there are a lot of whales who do just that.)

I'm way past VIP 14, but this method works no matter what kind of money you spend elsewhere in the game — for example, I have an alt account that is VIP 0, haven't spent a dime, and of the 80 slots I have there, 24 of them are empty.

When you choose to play with limitations, you need to employ specific strategies and methods to offset those limitations — the other choice is to play with far less limitations, which costs money... but as you can see from many of the posts on the forum, that doesn't really solve the problem, it only delays it. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"